On the Getaway now. Some notes and any questions?

KeithJenner

Did you happen to notice if the noodle bar is complimentary yet or is that still a work in progress?

It's listed in the daily as complementary. That's good news as I usually go there. It doesn't seem to be open for lunch today though. Looks like just evenings now.

if they just changed this and they call this an ''enhanced menu'' thens its like calling us stupid....NCL YOU ARE KIDDING RIGHT???What the heck is happening on this company??Its like talking about an other cruise line...I dont believe i read all these things about NCL every day...Someone from ncl must come here...You have messed up so much!!!Whats wrong with you?

Perhaps you could read post #19, added breakfast items like eggs, sausage, etc.

How about the steak, half chicken, spaghetti bolognaise, two kinds of salmon and fish and chips among others. Oh and cobb salad. New deserts etc. Do these not qualify as a significant increase in the types and quantities of food?

Good to know there is an unlimited internet plan, a bit pricey but not out of the question.

Wonder if it is a good enough connection to upload to YouTube? I know the new service provider Carnival is using offers fast connections.

Perhaps you could read post #19, added breakfast items like eggs, sausage, etc.

How about the steak, half chicken, spaghetti bolognaise, two kinds of salmon and fish and chips among others. Oh and cobb salad. New deserts etc. Do these not qualify as a significant increase in the types and quantities of food?

have you maybe seen the room service of rcl or even carnival?????

And these are FREE and way better...Is the enhancement the fish and chips???

WOW I AM THRILLED NOW

have you maybe seen the room service of rcl or even carnival?????

And these are FREE and way better...Is the enhancement the fish and chips???

WOW I AM THRILLED NOW

Carnival is starting it's new PAY room service on the 12th

For some new items....

There is nothing new on kid's selection that I see, oh - ice cream.

sent from my Google Nexus 5/7 via Taptatalk

By the time it arrives the ice cream will be a puddle...

Ans as for the thought of eggs cooked maybe 30 minutes ago...:eek:

I'm still confused about the new extra tips. Not sure if you have the UDP or UbP but if so perhaps you can help. Some are reporting that if they have these packages given as a perk they are being charged the 18% oop and it's showing up on their final bill. Trying to determine what my extra costs are and i was assuming that with the packages the tips are included, even if received as a perk. Thanks and have a great cruise.

Never mind looks like poster was wrong and tips were not charged. Sorry.

Edited by littlelulu01
Never mind looks like that poster was wrong and he was not charged.

I just tried the MDR, but never got through the door. They have a "special" Easter menu including 4 entrees and none of the everyday items, which ruled out our Son.

They've gone to the buffet instead and I'm at the noodle bar.

That sort of thing really winds me up. Gonna have to have a chat with someone about it tomorrow. Won't make any difference, but at least I will make my views known.

I just tried the MDR, but never got through the door. They have a "special" Easter menu including 4 entrees and none of the everyday items, which ruled out our Son.

That sort of thing really winds me up. Gonna have to have a chat with someone about it tomorrow. Won't make any difference, but at least I will make my views known.

Sorry to hear that Keith. I would have thought they'd still have the regular standard options on the menu :( ..

What iare the 4 entrees on the Easter Menu?

What iare the 4 entrees on the Easter Menu?

Ham, Steak, leg of lamb or vegetable cannelloni.

I would have been quite happy with the steak or lamb, but the always available (except Easter) items are perfect for our son, who can always have one of the pasta dishes if nothing else appeals. I asked, but they aren't available today.

Having said that, I'm a bit happier now, as the noodle bar was as good as usual. I've always thought it was the best value speciality on NCL so now it's free it's even better. No noticeable difference in quality and it was nice to see it full.

Have you tried the Flamingo Grill? We found it to be a nice 'hidden' place to grab a quick breakfast or nice lunch. It has been over a year since we were on the Getaway but will be going next month. Hoping the Flamingo Grill still has the good food we enjoyed before....and I LOVE the fried plantains.

Some may not like the Easter special but I suppose many will love a change from the MDR menu. I admire them to mix it up some.

It's not the different menu which is a problem, but removing those every day items. Apparently there are 1,800 under 21's onboard, so a lot of under 12's who are likely to struggle with that menu.

I honestly don't see why they couldn't have had the special items plus the everyday ones. It would still have been a special Easter menu, but one that more families can enjoy.

I forgot about the Flamingo grill at the time. We do plan to try it at some point.

The annoying point to me is that we make our plans, which is the idea of freestyle, and then have to rearrange them because of a decision by NCL. With the old menus we would always have checked the menu earlier in the day, but one of the great things about the new menu is that the every day items are a good selection so we can be confident that everyone will find something they like.

It's not a major problem, and I too applaud them mixing things up. It's just the way they did it which I think could have been better.

Ham, Steak, leg of lamb or vegetable cannelloni.

I would have been quite happy with the steak or lamb, but the always available (except Easter) items are perfect for our son, who can always have one of the pasta dishes if nothing else appeals. I asked, but they aren't available today.

Having said that, I'm a bit happier now, as the noodle bar was as good as usual. I've always thought it was the best value speciality on NCL so now it's free it's even better. No noticeable difference in quality and it was nice to see it full.

I wonder if they would have prepared a pasta dish for your son if you asked them.

Thanks for the information.

We have a Haven cabin booked for the week after Thanksgiving. We'll have the UDP so are looking to see what nights we want to book the restaurants and not miss the magic show or Legally Blonde.

Do you know what nights those shows are happening on your sailing?

Thanks for the information.

We have a Haven cabin booked for the week after Thanksgiving. We'll have the UDP so are looking to see what nights we want to book the restaurants and not miss the magic show or Legally Blonde.

Do you know what nights those shows are happening on your sailing?

You will be able to book all those things at 100 days out from your cruise.

You will see the time choices when the reservations open up.

For our two Getaway cruises the time and days of Legally Blonde were different.

Are you seeing one main drink menu or different ones for each bar? A poster on a different ship reported seeing new bar-specific menus on his cruise last week.

I haven't looked at the menus in detail yet ( I'm generally a beer/wine drinker), but did have a brief look yesterday, and there only seemed to be a small selection of cocktails listed. They don't seem to be different between bars, but I'll have to confirm that.

The menus are in the tall folders now, rather than the temporary menus posted a few weeks ago.

Edited by KeithJenner

An update on the Internet. I forgot to log off on my phone and when I tried to login on another device it recognised this and asked me whether I wanted to logic the phone, so it is just one device at a time, but they do seem to allow use on multiple devices.

I haven't looked at the menus in detail yet ( I'm generally a beer/wine drinker), but did have a brief look yesterday, and there only seemed to be a small selection of cocktails listed. They don't seem to be different between bars, but I'll have to confirm that.

The menus are in the tall folders now, rather than the temporary menus posted a few weeks ago.

Thank you.

Checking for the device's unique MAC address - so, one at a time.

-

Probably the same hardware & server setup for the WiFi & satellite access to the internet on the BA, whether it is connecting with the iConcierge App or smartphone's compatible (mobile) web browser or notebook PC/Mac - unlike the minutes-based plan setup, there is NO set-up or registration fees.

We have it setup on 4 devices: Android smartphone (v5.1), Android tablet (v4.4), iPad2 (v7.x) and Win7U notebook - ours being a limited plan based on data usage, access was restricted to one device at any given time.

i want to thank you for taking the time on your vacation to keep CC in the know LIVE!

Did you pre-book any shows, and , if so, were your reservations valiid? We had the threads last week about Breakaway doing away with the show ressies as a trial.

🎤🎶🃏💃👋

Thanks

Nora