On the Getaway now. Some notes and any questions?

KeithJenner

The bar menus do differ between bars. The front two pages seem to have different drinks listed in each bar. So far I have got pictures from Sunset, the bar between Cagneys and Moderno and Sugarcane. I will try to get a few more and post them when I get back home.

I haven't found any frozen drinks on any menus. However, I don't drink them myself, so I'm not sure what bars would be most likely to have them on the menu.

Previously there were menus at the Waves pool bar and also Spice H2O that were loaded with frozen drinks. They sat atop the bar itself, and were the page flippy type of menu's, not the folded kind you hold. (Sorry for the crappy description.) Maybe if you get a chance you could look there?

I haven't found any frozen drinks on any menus. However, I don't drink them myself, so I'm not sure what bars would be most likely to have them on the menu.

I'm sure if you just ask for what you want they'll make it. However, when you're not sure.....those photos sure do help! LOL

Harriet

I just walked past the pool bar and couldn't see any menus out at all. I'll have another look later when it's less busy.

I've got a few more pictures from other bar menus so hopefully I should have a fairly good selection by the end of the week.

I don't know how they compare to the old menus as I've never really looked at the drink menus much before. Only the wine and beer selection.

Hi,

Hope your having a great holiday.

Me and my husband are trying to determine whether the drinks package at $54 each is worth it or not. Is there an 18% gratuity added to every drink we order if we don't have the drinks package? We have already paid for the tips before we go.

Thank you.

[quote name='Flower bomb']Hi,
Hope your having a great holiday.
Me and my husband are trying to determine whether the drinks package at $54 each is worth it or not. Is there an 18% gratuity added to every drink we order if we don't have the drinks package? We have already paid for the tips before we go.
Thank you.[/quote]
If you buy the package, the 18% is added to the package price at the time you buy it. If you pay as you go for drinks, yes that amount is added to each ticket for each drink.

[quote name='Sand and Seas']Have you tried the Flamingo Grill? We found it to be a nice 'hidden' place to grab a quick breakfast or nice lunch. It has been over a year since we were on the Getaway but will be going next month. Hoping the Flamingo Grill still has the good food we enjoyed before....and I LOVE the fried plantains.[/QUOTE]

I booked Getaway again for next spring mainly because the food was SOOO good on this ship, particularly the Flamingo Grill. It's the most authentic Latin restaurant on ANY cruise line today. And it's because the staff cooking back there are from Panama. :D SOOO awesome! Can't wait!!!

[quote name='ChiMimi69']I booked Getaway again for next spring mainly because the food was SOOO good on this ship, particularly the Flamingo Grill. It's the most authentic Latin restaurant on ANY cruise line today. And it's because the staff cooking back there are from Panama. :D SOOO awesome! Can't wait!!![/QUOTE]

Is Flamingo Grill open for dinner?

[quote name='mking8288']You are spending too much time online n not on your cruise, and thanks. Anything new on Room Service n new menu.

sent from my Google Nexus 5/7 via Taptatalk[/QUOTE]

I'm hardly spending any time online updating here. Just 5 minutes a couple of times a day. Sitting on my balcony with a glass of wine, that's hardly an effort. :)

I tried The Flamingo Grill for lunch today, and thought it was very good.

We also finally made it to Taste for dinner. We early quite early, and went straight in without a wait. The service was good and quite quick. We were all done in about 75 minutes, but could have sped things up ourselves if we had been in a rush. Wine glasses were kept filled and the staff were friendly. I can't say I noticed any difference from previous cruises.

The chocolate Volcano was as good as I remembered it. :)

[quote name='Carnac767']Keith, I just noticed you're also on the Roll Call for the Escape sailing from Hamburg. I look forward to meeting you, hopefully, and getting a first hand account, time permitting.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure there will be a meet and greet, so we should get chance for a chat. :)

We are cruising in September in this beautiful ship! Any advice on how the adult only pool areas are? I know Vibe is not free, but how about Spice H20? is it too crowded or depends on the time? I would appreciate your reply! :)

The vibe seems good. The staff are all friendly as usual.

We just realised that we haven't actually been to Spice H2O all week. As our cabin is on deck 8 we have tended to hang around the lower decks quite a bit. We're no big pool people, so have only passed by the pool deck when heading to the ropes course etc. It looks pretty crowded, but no more so than usual on ships when the weather is good.

Nassau really is a dump isn't it? We're back on board, on the balcony again. :)

My mobile app isn't bring up your ship's cam at Nassau, is your balcony facing the pier to spot any "late" runners coming after the ship - we almost left 2 behind from the Breakway 2 weeks ago but we're facing those nice homes & then went to LeBistro, in time to miss the "excitement"

Nassau is a dump, especially with the terminal closed for renovation & the vendors right at the gate, the hair braiding & all the "licensed" guides with the offers - neatly dressed, most of them. We took a 5 minute walk, picked up a few cheap magnets & did a 180 turn to go back.

With your unlimited satellite internet plan, those speed results you took earlier look reasonable & good, far better than the older technologies & by the minutes plan - do you have an rough idea of about how much data you've used up so far and/or for the length of this sailing afterward ? No need to estimate usage now - the plan I took 2 weeks ago on the Breakway had a usage meter to track, even though I switched between notebook PC and smartphones.

Enjoy the afternoon on the balcony & the sunset, etc. Thanks again for keeping us on the "watch"

We are on the ship in 4 weeks and can't wait! Thanks for checking on the Flamingo Grill for us. We always found it uncrowded and enjoyed the food. Like you, we have had enough of Nassau and have already made plans to enjoy the ship that day. Enjoy your last hours and make plans for your next cruise!

[quote name='Sand and Seas']We are on the ship in 4 weeks and can't wait! Thanks for checking on the Flamingo Grill for us. We always found it uncrowded and enjoyed the food. Like you, we have had enough of Nassau and have already made plans to enjoy the ship that day. Enjoy your last hours and make plans for your next cruise![/QUOTE]

i wish they would just swap out Nassau for their private island. You'd think they would make more money that way anyway from the beverage sales on island.

We went to the Pirate museum in Nassau, as our son is into Pirates at the moment. It was small, but better than I had expected.

One thing we hate is getting the hard sell in shops. We usually buy a small souvenir, like a magnet, everywhere we go, but didn't get anything from Nassau, as we couldn't stand going into any shops.

Still, it's been a relaxing last day on board. Played mini golf without kids rampaging around, our son had another go on the rope course, and this bottle of wine is going down very nicely. Not a bad day overall. :)

[quote name='KeithJenner']We went to the Pirate museum in Nassau, as our son is into Pirates at the moment. It was small, but better than I had expected.

One thing we hate is getting the hard sell in shops. We usually buy a small souvenir, like a magnet, everywhere we go, but didn't get anything from Nassau, as we couldn't stand going into any shops.

Still, it's been a relaxing last day on board. Played mini golf without kids rampaging around, our son had another go on the rope course, and this bottle of wine is going down very nicely. Not a bad day overall. :)[/QUOTE]

I'm so glad you're enjoying yourself. Reading your posts, as much as it seems you are relaxing.....also relaxes me! LOL

Harriet

Enjoyed reading your posts. Thanks for taking the time to share. We have not visited Nassau since 2006 but will be back there on Breakaway in November. Sounds like things have gone down drastically since then. My son will be 20 and I think we will either just do a beach day or even just stay on the ship.
Relax and enjoy the rest of your holiday.
Cheers and safe travels.

P.S. How did you find the selections of wine this time round? We have the UBP and are wondering if you have seen any menus regarding "long pours" or "glass and a half" of wine. And is it still true to get a 20% discount on a bottle of wine with the UBP. Thanks!
~Robin Edited by meatball_nyc