Princess Itinerary Changes for Mediterranean

Scorpion0217

Hello All,

I have been in and out of contact with a few fellow cruises from Princess who pointed out that they changed the itinerary from E-521 Rome to Barcelona on the Emerald, swapping out Tunisia for Naples.

I also heard that they were potentially doing the same for the rest of the summer stops, but nobody can confirm or deny. I know that there are a few countries with travel warnings to the area, but can anyone help confirm/deny this rumor if in fact Princess may be changing its Port of Call from Tunis on the E-522 journey Barcelona to Rome on June 6th? Thanks!

There was news of a number of people shot dead in Tunisia recently. Some of these were reported as travellers on "Cruise ship excursions". I suspect that the cruise line is taking sensible precautions in the wake of this likely to continue to do so for a long while in my opinion. There are a few cruise lines following suit I believe.

MSC suffered from 9 of their passengers being killed and 12 injured

Regards John

Edited by john watson
update

Hello Scorpion0217 and welcome to Cruise Critic...

If Princess has made no announcement regarding an itinerary change, then anything you hear or read is just rumor.

You might want to join the roll call for your cruise where you'll meet others cruising with you. You'll find your roll call here.

Lew

We are on the 8/8 14 day sailing from Barcelona, we had notification that the June 1st sailing has amended the Tunis stop to Naples however at that time Princess are still reviewing other sailings.

We are on the 8/8 14 day sailing from Barcelona, we had notification that the June 1st sailing has amended the Tunis stop to Naples however at that time Princess are still reviewing other sailings.

I'm on the 9/26 Emerald sailing that stops in Tunis, but I doubt it will. I'd expect Princess to make the situation clear quickly, it can't be easy to sell cruises that stop at Tunis right now.

I'm on the 9/26 Emerald sailing that stops in Tunis, but I doubt it will. I'd expect Princess to make the situation clear quickly, it can't be easy to sell cruises that stop at Tunis right now.

I'm sure it will too, they'll need to find an alternative stop than Naples as were already going there, hopefully Malta or Corsica 😀

Hello All,

I have been in and out of contact with a few fellow cruises from Princess who pointed out that they changed the itinerary from E-521 Rome to Barcelona on the Emerald, swapping out Tunisia for Naples.

I also heard that they were potentially doing the same for the rest of the summer stops, but nobody can confirm or deny. I know that there are a few countries with travel warnings to the area, but can anyone help confirm/deny this rumor if in fact Princess may be changing its Port of Call from Tunis on the E-522 journey Barcelona to Rome on June 6th? Thanks!

They are replacing Tunisia as the cruises get closer.

Someone on a June cruise stated that the port had been canceled.

Our Emerald cruise in August is still a go for now, but I am sure it will be replaced.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Absent any significant changes there, I suspect they will cancel Tunisia on all itineraries. However, they won't do so until they have an alternate under contract for that date or other changes as necessary. Sea days will be used for where they can't reschedule practically.

Edited by Loonbeam

Hi All

Sadly it was only a matter of time before tourist buses were attacked,

it is now not only countries that are unsafe for us to visit that cruise lines will no longer stop at,

but the greatest concern for our security comes from ports that as a whole are safe but might have a few terrorists hiding among their population.

We just have to accept that travel is no longer as safe as it was, but we will still travel.

yours Shogun

Hi All

Sadly it was only a matter of time before tourist buses were attacked,

it is now not only countries that are unsafe for us to visit that cruise lines will no longer stop at,

but the greatest concern for our security comes from ports that as a whole are safe but might have a few terrorists hiding among their population.

We just have to accept that travel is no longer as safe as it was, but we will still travel.

yours Shogun

I agree. We do still have to keep traveling while keeping safety in mind. I have never cruised Europe but when there were so many problems in Mexico I never stopped cruising there.

• 2 weeks later...

Today just now April 17, my latest Flash sales has one itinerary that includes Tunis

June 6 Emerald Princess

MEDITERRANEAN & GREEK ISLES MEDLEY

14 Days From Barcelona, Spain to Athens (Piraeus), Greece

misprint?

Day Port / Date Arrive Depart

1 Barcelona, Spain Saturday, June 6 7:00 PM

2 Marseille (Provence), France Sunday, June 7 7:00 AM 5:00 PM

3 Genoa, Italy (for Milan) Monday, June 8 7:00 AM 6:00 PM

4 Florence/Pisa (Livorno), Italy

Tuesday, June 9 7:00 AM 7:00 PM

5 At Sea Wednesday, June 10

6 Tunis (La Goulette), Tunisia Thursday, June 11 7:00 AM 6:00 PM

7 Sicily (Palermo), Italy Friday, June 12 7:00 AM 2:00 PM

8 Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy Saturday, June 135:00 AM 6:00 PM

9 Naples, Italy (for Capri & Pompeii) Sunday, June 147:00 AM6:00 PM

10 At Sea Monday, June 15

11 Crete (Heraklion), Greece Tuesday, June 16 9:00 AM 6:00 PM

12 Rhodes, Greece Wednesday, June 17 8:00 AM 5:00 PM

13 Kusadasi, Turkey (for Ephesus) Thursday, June 18 8:00 AM5:00 PM

14 Santorini, Greece Friday, June 19 7:00 AM 6:00 PM

15 Athens (Piraeus), Greece Saturday, June 20 4:00 AM

Today just now April 17, my latest Flash sales has one itinerary that includes Tunis

June 6 Emerald Princess

misprint?

Day Port / Date Arrive Depart

1 Barcelona, Spain Saturday, June 6 7:00 PM

2 Marseille (Provence), France Sunday, June 7 7:00 AM 5:00 PM

3 Genoa, Italy (for Milan) Monday, June 8 7:00 AM 6:00 PM

4 Florence/Pisa (Livorno), Italy

Tuesday, June 9 7:00 AM 7:00 PM

5 At Sea Wednesday, June 10

6 Tunis (La Goulette), Tunisia Thursday, June 11 7:00 AM 6:00 PM

7 Sicily (Palermo), Italy Friday, June 12 7:00 AM 2:00 PM

8 Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy Saturday, June 135:00 AM 6:00 PM

9 Naples, Italy (for Capri & Pompeii) Sunday, June 147:00 AM6:00 PM

10 At Sea Monday, June 15

11 Crete (Heraklion), Greece Tuesday, June 16 9:00 AM 6:00 PM

12 Rhodes, Greece Wednesday, June 17 8:00 AM 5:00 PM

13 Kusadasi, Turkey (for Ephesus) Thursday, June 18 8:00 AM5:00 PM

14 Santorini, Greece Friday, June 19 7:00 AM 6:00 PM

15 Athens (Piraeus), Greece Saturday, June 20 4:00 AM

Who's latest flash sale? Are you selling cruises?

Our Emerald cruise Aug 8th still has Tunis as a stop, I am sure it will be canceled.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

I'm sure it will too, they'll need to find an alternative stop than Naples as were already going there, hopefully Malta or Corsica 😀

A few years back, our cruise on the Crown was supposed to stop in Cannes. Princess removed this port for the remainder of that year. They didn't substitute any other port. We spent a day sailing at a snails pace around the Med.

I cant recall which sailing but I recently noticedca Princess sailing that listed Tunis as a stop but the associated itinerary map showed Naples instead.

Terry

The details from Princess are in my post a few back, as far as I'm aware Tunis has only been substituted for this date so far. Unless anyone has had any further notifications

The details from Princess are in my post a few back, as far as I'm aware Tunis has only been substituted for this date so far. Unless anyone has had any further notifications

Nope! Our September 5th cruise is still stopping there (but I am sure it will be amended)

June 6 Emerald Princess

misprint?

I have the same flash sale notice.