Has anyone been to Bermuda

winkdogg1234

There is so much to do in Bermuda depending on what your interests are -- it's one of the most beautiful islands! If you go to the Ports of Call forums, there is much info to be found. Here is the link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=196

Personally I love walking around the Dockyard, going to one of several gorgeous beaches or exploring downtown Hamilton. Also many great restaurants.

Hope you have a great cruise!

Tracy

A trip to Horseshoe Bay is a must. Believe there is a direct shuttle available as you leave the pier. Many private tours available also just off the pier. One good way to see a lot is to get a transportation pass. You can use the ferries or buses and hop on and off. Passes can be purchased at the pier. You can get mote ideas by checking out the Bermuda board here

Hi.

We were on Breakaway to Bermuda last summer and had a great time.

We were a family group of 10. Took the bus to Horseshoe Bay Beach, rented umbrellas and chairs. Awesome day. We walked a ways to the little coves and Warwick Long Bay Beach for a bit and back.

One day we took the ferry to St. George's.

Last day we did Rising Son Catamaran trip. Lots of fun. Steve and his crew were great.

Explored the Dockyard and had drinks at Calico Jack's.

Bermuda is wonderful. Breakaway is now our favorite ship.

Have a great cruise!

I'm going to Bermuda on the breakaway next month I wanted to know what have you done there thanks
Been there several times! Went to caves, lighthouse, sea glass beach, snorkeling, shopping, Swizzle Inn, and many, many beautiful beaches!:cool:

Definitely get bus/ferry passes.

Bermuda is a very easy island to tour on your own, and the people there are super friendly.

We love dockside area and the glass beach, but there is so much to do....check the port of call board for Bermuda. Hamilton nights is alot of fun too...I think it's Wednesday nights.

Safe sailing. ..enjoy

You will have a wonderful time even if you make no set plans other than getting a ferry/bus pass and touring on your own. We went to the caves which was interesting but pretty hot, St. Georges, Hamilton for lunch, and did a night rum cruise which was fun. I got hooked on the Bermuda fish chowder so do try some if you like fish. Have a great time :)

Our favorite day is the ferry to st george,cab to tobacco bay....sunning,swimming,snorkeling....hibiscus iced tea from the snack place,taxi to the swizzle....tho once a local insisted on driving us...the bermuda chowder and awesome fish sandwich with our swizzle and a cab back to the ship....perfect day on a beautiful island....yes I know I can take the bus and spend a lot more time on the road for less money but i'm old and life is too short to skimp on comfort....

We also sailed the Breakaway to Bermuda, the Breakaway was only about 7 weeks old and it was the first week of summer vacation so it was packed! But we experienced no service problems what so ever!

The pool was crowded on sea days but that was it.

We had no plans but to relax on the island so all we did was purchase the bus/ferry combo pass and took off exploring!

We had a great time just taking our time to explore beaches, the fort, the museums, the different towns, the food, a little shopping and the culture.

A wonderful, relaxing time we had!

We did the second sailing on the Breakaway to Bermuda and it was absolutely gorgeous. We will be going again in May. We usually get the combination bus/ferry pass when u get off the ship, it is cheaper than getting it on the ship. U can get a 1, 2 or 3 day pass. We always go to Horseshoe Bay. What a beautiful beach. The last day we walk around The Dockyard. Can't wait.

We have been to Bermuda and LOVED it!!! We were on RCI's Explorer of the Seas, and not a NCL ship though. EVERYONE NEEDS TO EXPERIENCE BERMUDA AT LEAST ONCE!

We docked 3 days on the island and packed so much stuff into our stay:

Horseshoe Bay, Warwick Bay, Church Bay, Hamilton, St. George, Nighttime shipwreck/cocktail cruise, Sea Glass Beach, and snorkeling at Tobacco Bay.

P1060935.jpg

P1060951.jpg

P1070257.jpg

IMG_5128.jpg

P1070305.jpg

I wrote a picture review of the cruise which includes details of our days in Bermuda beginning at post 17: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1728780

Edited by mpcaruth