Half Moon Cay

kapcruiser

Yes, tendering on half moon, but they are big.

On a side note, I went last week.... 15th cruise and first time to Half Moon.... It was one of the best islands I have ever been to.. I would book a cruise to just that island!!!!

Why? Well, the beautiful water, no vendors hassling you, no hustle or bustle of street cars speeding by.... just plain relaxing... and did I say beautiful??

Edited by poison7fl

Yes it is Tendor, try to get faster to the fun to get on a early boat, with out waiting in the long lines, or go a little after the crowds, Great BBQ lunch.... the beach is the BEST... there are other things to do,,, But who ever is on the your ship is the Only ones there, And if you love the beach Don't stand in line to go back, WAIT until that Last Tendor... have one last cold one or last photo opt... If they did a 3 day cruise to this beautiful Island I would book it in a heart beat!

Yes, but it is AMAZING and a huge tender boat. Not too long of a ride and you're in an awesome place. I highly recommend doing the cabana on half moon cay...we LOVED it. Best part of our Eastern Caribbean cruise!

Enjoy!

cabana is the way to go. Only one person in the group needs to book it and pay the one time posted excursion fee. Upon embarkation on day 1 go right to excursion desk to pick your cabin. Be sure to go anywhere beyond number 7. It's too noisy and crowded at beginning of the beach.

Yes, tendering on half moon, but they are big.

On a side note, I went last week.... 15th cruise and first time to Half Moon.... It was one of the best islands I have ever been to.. I would book a cruise to just that island!!!!

Why? Well, the beautiful water, no vendors hassling you, no hustle or bustle of street cars speeding by.... just plain relaxing... and did I say beautiful??

That's we feel about Disney's island! I didn't know carnival had one as well. It was our best beach day.

A cabana on Half moon will be the best money you've ever spent on a cruise. I agree with a previous poster that said to try to get # 7 or higher to get away from the crowds. We were in # 9 a couple of weeks ago. Great location

I told my wife this trip that if Carnival would come up with a cruise that just went to Half Moon for a week , spending every day relaxing on that beautiful beach and the evening back on the ship for the food and entertainment , it would sell out every cruise guaranteed

I told my wife this trip that if Carnival would come up with a cruise that just went to Half Moon for a week , spending every day relaxing on that beautiful beach and the evening back on the ship for the food and entertainment , it would sell out every cruise guaranteed

I totally agree. Being a lazy traveler I sail from Florida because it is so convenient for us. After a while you tend to grow tired of the ports. We don't even get of at Freeport or Belize anymore and Mexico is rapidly getting there also. But a nice day at the beach that is something I could do five days in a row a couple of times a year with no problem.

If, let's say after day three I was tired of the beach I could hang out on a half empty ship and explore it without the crowds. For that matter I could tender in to HMC for just a couple of hours if that is what I wanted to do.

I think we are on to something.

• 2 weeks later...
I tried to book a cabana for my sailing on July 26th online and it said not available. Do they book up that early?

Keep checking, multiple times per day. If still no luck, make a beeline to the Excursion desk once on board.

Seems as of lately, people walk up to the Excursion Desk and ask if there are any available, and more times than not, as of lately, they have one or two.

Almost makes you wonder if they hold a couple.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Good Luck!!!

HMC is GORGEOUS. Enjoy!

Is it worth it to get a cabana for just two of us? We like the beach and water, love to people watch, but also like to have a place to sit down and relax? Do we need a cabana? And will renting a cabana allow us to tender early?