Who has gotten cabin assignments this week?

cruisevers

cabin 399 ?

If I had been offered this cabin, I would take it. It's a quiet and smooth ride back there, with no engine vibrations, and you're underneath the main dining room, so no noise. It's easy to get to the prom deck from there. The cabin dimensions won't be any larger, but you'll have a bath tub and a window.

PS Edited to say that even though it's says "obstructed view" on the deck plans, you are able to see the ocean from your window. People can't see you from outside during the day, and at night you should simply make sure your drapes are closed before you undress ;-) We have done these HH cabins several times on both the S class and R class ships. We like 'em.

Edited by middle-aged mom

If I had been offered this cabin, I would take it. It's a quiet and smooth ride back there, with no engine vibrations, and you're underneath the main dining room, so no noise. It's easy to get to the prom deck from there. The cabin dimensions won't be any larger, but you'll have a bath tub and a window.

Thank you so much! I think we are going to take it!! Can't wait!:D

You're welcome, and enjoy your cruise. I did provide some additional commentary to my post above, and hopefully you saw it.

Yes, I did see your additional comments and I appreciate it so much, I booked the upsale for cabin 399. This is my first time sailing with Holland America so I am really looking forward to checking them out!!

I keep getting upsell offers for Veendam Sept. 12 sailing.

We are in Cabin G 516. Here are the offers:

Vista Suite (Category A to VQ) for an additional $649pp USD/$707pp CAD

Lanai Stateroom (Category CA) for an additional $349pp USD/$380pp CAD

Ocean-View Stateroom (Category C to FF) for an additional $99pp USD/$108pp CAD

Way too much money to get me to move. Maybe I'll just be upgraded for free.

I keep getting upsell offers for Veendam Sept. 12 sailing.

We are in Cabin G 516. Here are the offers:

Vista Suite (Category A to VQ) for an additional $649pp USD/$707pp CAD

Lanai Stateroom (Category CA) for an additional $349pp USD/$380pp CAD

Ocean-View Stateroom (Category C to FF) for an additional $99pp USD/$108pp CAD

Way too much money to get me to move. Maybe I'll just be upgraded for free.

The C to FF is a good deal. Personally, I am not a big fan of porthole cabins, even the ones that aren't tiny.

You would be able to choose your own cabin.

The way they usually do it is to start you at the best ones (Cs) if there any left and then work down.

Whatever, have a great cruise!

Edited by SilvertoGold

The C to FF is a good deal. Personally, I am not a big fan of porthole cabins, even the ones that aren't tiny.

You would be able to choose your own cabin.

The way they usually do it is to start you at the best ones (Cs) if there any left and then work down.

Whatever, have a great cruise!

For me, it's not worth $200 just for a bigger window. I'm on deck 5 now and my TA told me these outside cabins are on deck 4. For now, I'll stay where I am. If there is any leaf viewing to be had on my fall foliage cruise I won't be doing it from the cabin anyways.

For me, it's not worth $200 just for a bigger window. I'm on deck 5 now and my TA told me these outside cabins are on deck 4. For now, I'll stay where I am. If there is any leaf viewing to be had on my fall foliage cruise I won't be doing it from the cabin anyways.

Upsell offers also go to people that have guarantees so being able to pick where you are has some attraction. Some folks won't pay a dollar to upgrade and that's their choice. I would have taken that upgrade as well.

That's a point: much better view from the deck!

I do hope your timing is good because the scenery can be phenomenal!

We're on the Zuiderdam, Oct 14, 26 days, Athens to FLL. We have a guaranteed VD or better veranda cabin. Prior to final payment day, the HAL website was showing a totally sold-out ship. The day after final payment, all grades of cabins had availabilities, at much inflated prices than we paid in Sept 2014. I assume that all the cancellations on final payment day opened up these cabins. It's 52 days to sailing, and we haven't received any upsell offers or cabin assignments. We did use a travel agent, not booking directly with HAL. Some folks on here are cruising Aug 28 and just got their assignment. Does anyone have any ideas when we might see the assignment ? We keep checking the HAL website and the luggage tags.

Edited by TAD2005

We're on the Zuiderdam, Oct 14, 26 days, Athens to FLL. We have a guaranteed VD or better veranda cabin. Prior to final payment day, the HAL website was showing a totally sold-out ship. The day after final payment, all grades of cabins had availabilities, at much inflated prices than we paid in Sept 2014. I assume that all the cancellations on final payment day opened up these cabins. It's 52 days to sailing, and we haven't received any upsell offers or cabin assignments. We did use a travel agent, not booking directly with HAL. Some folks on here are cruising Aug 28 and just got their assignment. Does anyone have any ideas when we might see the assignment ? We keep checking the HAL website and the luggage tags.

Upsells usually start around a month before but can be later. Assignments can come anywhere from 21 days out up to being assigned at the pier. Most seem to come out around 10 days before.

Received our guaranty cabin assignment today for our September 12 Canada/New England cruise on the Maasdam: C583. This will be our first OV, but booking latish there were no Lanai cabins available. Seems to be a good location midship, only inside cabins across the passageway and not too far from elevators in either direction.

Very happy with the assignment. :)

Received our guaranty cabin assignment today for our September 12 Canada/New England cruise on the Maasdam: C583. This will be our first OV, but booking latish there were no Lanai cabins available. Seems to be a good location midship, only inside cabins across the passageway and not too far from elevators in either direction.

Very happy with the assignment. :)

Very nice!! You will have a good view!!

What did you book, if you don't mind saying?

Very nice!! You will have a good view!!

What did you book, if you don't mind saying?

We booked a C Guaranty. We might have taken a chance with a lower priced guaranty for a Caribbean cruise, but having lived in Nova Scotia for many years, we know what September weather can be like. DW is prone to motion sickness, so we though we'd be better not taking a fore or aft cabin.

When we booked, the available pick-your-own C cabins were not as good as what we ended up with at the lower guaranty price, so win-win in our view! :)

We sail on on the Zuiderdam on Sept 4. Two weeks ago we had an upsell offer from our Verandah VE to a Signature Suite. The assignment came Monday… an SY on the Navigation Deck, smack midship near the glass elevator (but not right next to them), with the Lido Bar above us. That'll make the morning coffee run a little easier. :p We're happy.

We sail on on the Zuiderdam on Sept 4. Two weeks ago we had an upsell offer from our Verandah VE to a Signature Suite. The assignment came Monday… an SY on the Navigation Deck, smack midship near the glass elevator (but not right next to them), with the Lido Bar above us. That'll make the morning coffee run a little easier. :p We're happy.

How good is that!!??

Have a great time on the Zuiderdam!!

• 2 weeks later...

We just got our GTD SC assignment for our 19 September Noordam sailing yesterday afternoon. So right at 11 days out.

We did get a couple of nice SA's right across the passageway from the Neptune Lounge. My PCC was very coy about it, as I assume all are in terms of whether they can influence Inventory Department assignments of guarantees. Just in case, I did email my PCC a week ago reminding of our desire to be near the NL and PLEASE no SB on the Noordam in Alaska. :) Since we had two bookings linked it might have been a challenge to get two SA's together. So I will just go about my merry way believing they can help make things happen.

Dennis

First time cruiser and wasn't the one to make arrangements. My relative forwarded me the travel agent's cruise confirmation info with details that included Category and Stateroom info on the Veendam sailing out 12/20. From reading all your posts, cabins were assigned closer to sail date. It is b/c we used a travel agent?