I Wish Princess Would

trinaM

Read some of these suggestion posts and acknowledge they have been seen.

That's one thing I can say about Celebrity. They are very visible on that board and often answer questions and clear up misconceptions. With that said there has been a lot of complaints the last year or so and a lot of changes that the loyal passengers don't like. Non of the changes bother me since I'm new to that line anyway. I'm more disenchanted with Princess in terms of itinerary and the lack of ocean view rooms on the new ships.

I won't go through the list, but I wish Princess would stop cutting on board perks and amenities. I know that it is a business and they have to look at the bottom line, competition, what passengers will pay, etc. I would be willing to pay the higher price. Moving toward the direction of eventually only providing "3 hots and a cot" is not why I cruise. I know I am using hyperbole here, but really, Princess, bring back those little pieces of elegance that you had when I started cruising with you in 2003. Just my opinion.

I am glad that they have the beverage package, though! That was on my wish list for years.

More Eastern Caribbean sailings out of Houston, with a greater variety of ports. The same old itineraries in the Western and Eastern Caribbean leave much to be desired. More sailings out of Houston period. lol Wifi included for everyone.

More Eastern Caribbean sailings out of Houston, with a greater variety of ports. The same old itineraries in the Western and Eastern Caribbean leave much to be desired. More sailings out of Houston period. lol Wifi included for everyone.

I assume you know that the coming CB season in Houston has some variety not all Cozumel, Roatan, Belize.

But also realize there is no Princess ship scheduled to home port in Houston once the CB leaves next spring.

If you want variety out of that area, CCL has some 21-day B2Bs out of Galveston to San Juan and back with only one repeated port in those 21 days.

Edited by caribill

I assume you know that the coming CB season in Houston has some variety not all Cozumel, Roatan, Belize.

But also realize there is no Princess ship scheduled to home port in Houston once the CB leaves next spring.

If you want variety out of that area, CCL has some 21-day B2Bs out of Galveston to San Juan and back with only one repeated port in those 21 days.

Dates for those Galveston cruises, please? I just searched carnival.com and only saw 12 night cruises out of Miami. Thank you.

Dates for those Galveston cruises, please? I just searched carnival.com and only saw 12 night cruises out of Miami. Thank you.

To do the search, use the "advanced search" and ask for 10+ days on the Carnival Triumph for the Caribbean. Search from October, 2015 to January 2016. Leave the port unchecked.

October dates are 11 day starting October 24, 2015 followed by the 10 day starting November 4.

January dates are 11 day starting January 16, 2016 followed by the 10 day starting January 27.

Edited by caribill

To do the search, use the "advanced search" and ask for 10+ days on the Carnival Triumph for the Caribbean. Search from October, 2015 to January 2016. Leave the port unchecked.

October dates are 11 day starting October 24, 2015 followed by the 10 day starting November 4.

January dates are 11 day starting January 16, 2016 followed by the 10 day starting January 27.

Thanks. I was mistakenly looking at 2016/17. This winter won't work for us but we were totally underwhelmed with the Princess choices for next winter and are exploring options.

No, Caribill, I didn't realize Princess was leaving Houston. That's a bummer. I'm not keen on CCL.

• 1 month later...
Please get rid of that goop Princess calls "shampoo/conditioner" and bring back the Lotus Spa products. While you're at it, lose the shower gel and give me SOAP!

Grey

I miss those little bottles of shampoo princess used to use.

I like the replacements less.

For the NY cruises, I wish I could get a Princess TRANSFER from the Amtrak station.

And I wish Princess would either; bring back the Sommelier program or replace Vines with a craft brew tap room.

For my 3rd wish, how about hitting Iceland from the East Coast?

I wish Princess would expand to more Florida ports. I would like more variety in the round trip cruises from Florida as well.

Don't mean to be rude, but at first I thought this was a joke. Doesn't Florida have more departure ports than any other state? It has more than any single country I can think of other than the U.S.

I would guess two-thirds of the cruises in the U.S. start or end in Florida. Don't you want to leave a few scraps for the rest of us?:D

OK, sorry. Rant over.

Jim