Ugh....UBP is gone

Laszlo

I guess I was the last one to find out lol. Went to book a cruise this morning and no Unlimited Beverage Package, the meal or wifi credit just doesn't do it.

I guess I was the last one to find out lol. Went to book a cruise this morning and no Unlimited Beverage Package, the meal or wifi credit just doesn't do it.

It ended 4/30. The current promotions are beyond lame. A dining "credit"? LOL

Some of us knew, others & yours truly here passee along the "rumor" email alerts on more than one thread here (one that I got from one of our TA's) at least a week before the expiration date when the rumbles began. Sorry to hear you wanted to book & missed it.

Even NCL's marketing send out their official email on the 29th/30th. as a reminder that it's ending.

It ended 4/30. The current promotions are beyond lame. A dining "credit"? LOL

Well, you all are complaining that Norwegian is becoming too expensive. How do you think that relates to the promos ;)? If the promo kept running full term, an inside would logically need to be priced at $300 pp/pd for them to run a profitable operation.

Well, you all are complaining that Norwegian is becoming too expensive. How do you think that relates to the promos ;)? If the promo kept running full term, an inside would logically need to be priced at $300 pp/pd for them to run a profitable operation.

I have never complained that Norwegian is becoming "too expensive". :rolleyes:

There seems to be a bit of logic in what you are saying about the prices, that being said, if a person added the promos themselves to relieve the same benefits it would cost a little more. So building these in to the fare and advertising them as a promo has merit YMMV just one mans opinion

Some of us knew, others & yours truly here passee along the "rumor" email alerts on more than one thread here (one that I got from one of our TA's) at least a week before the expiration date when the rumbles began. Sorry to hear you wanted to book & missed it.

Even NCL's marketing send out their official email on the 29th/30th. as a reminder that it's ending.

What are the chances the promo will come back?

Not that long ago we were happy with $100 OBC per cabin. Seems the promos are spoiling us.

Not that long ago we were happy with $100 OBC per cabin. Seems the promos are spoiling us.

On our very first cruise ever, on the Gem my wife and I had an aft suite. With that came $300.00 of OBC, we haven't seen anything close to that since LOL

You can still get it thru the UK website...may lose a little in the pounds to dollars conversion, but still available.

http://www.ncl.co.uk/offers/freestyle-choice-explorer/

Good Luck

Where in the heck do you get that nonsensical figure? It's not logical at all.

The cost to provide that promotional item is far less than what you think it is. When you are a cruiseline buying thousands upon thousands of bottles of liquor and beer and wine a week, you have much more buying power than you or I. Therefore the cost to provide a weeks worth of drinks for the average person is way below what you as a passenger would pay for them.

Also, just because some people got the UBP for free, the average person enjoying it is not going to max it out to it's utmost potential. I'm sure Norwegian has actuarial accountants that estimated what the cost of the promotional items would be long before they offered them. if you think for one second that NCL has lost any amount of money with those promotions, you are mistaken. The increases in bookings will more than make up for any costs.

Edited by cliffd64

If I booked my cruise today I would pay $100 more and I would have to pay for the UBP. I am happy with what I paid and my perk. And I am paying less for my stateroom on a brand new ship than I did on the Jewel in 2013. Same category too. So I don't think NCL is getting too expensive at all.:D

I think "too expensive" is a matter of perspective. As someone who has sailed multiple times at concierge level on Disney Cruise Line, I nearly fell out of my chair when I saw what I could get for the same or less money on NCL.

And while the four amenities we are getting for booking a Haven room ($300 OBC, $150 dining credit, $50 shore excursion credit, and 250 minute internet package) may not be as good as what used to be offered, they are four more amenities than we were ever offered on DCL.

The cost to provide that promotional item is far less than what you think it is. When you are a cruiseline buying thousands upon thousands of bottles of liquor and beer and wine a week, you have much more buying power than you or I. Therefore the cost to provide a weeks worth of drinks for the average person is way below what you as a passenger would pay for them.

Also, just because some people got the UBP for free, the average person enjoying it is not going to max it out to it's utmost potential. I'm sure Norwegian has actuarial accountants that estimated what the cost of the promotional items would be long before they offered them. if you think for one second that NCL has lost any amount of money with those promotions, you are mistaken. The increases in bookings will more than make up for any costs.

The ship's usually sailed full anyway and will continue to sail full. You're right, they didn't loose money on them but it was a promotion. It was not intended to last forever.

As someone who goes multiple times per year, and has another 6 cruises on the back burner, I can assure you that I am in no way losing any sleep about the promos being gone. I can simply purchase them if I do chose. However, they are detrimental to the bottom line of NCL when they "give them away" without increasing the base fare of the cabins they are included with. It is lost revenue.

Edited by UPNYGuy

I'm soooo glas I booked the Escape and got the UBP before it expired. Why so much? My family and I just got off the RC Indepenedence of the Seas this past sunday. We had their premium deink package for the 8 day cruise. I myself probably had between 50-60 drinks over the 8 day period. I got waaaayyyyy more out of the package then I would have paying cash for each. I figure I will save myself and DW at least a $1000 alcohol tab on the Escape next year by getting the drink promo before it was gone. This is above and beyond any value the current promos can offer. The beverage package was the deal maker for me and both kids sail free too! Great deal!!

All I know is I'm glad I booked when I did. My cabin category is now $800 more and the offers are less than what I got. I haven't been on NCL in years and the offers last month enticed me to give them another try.

All I know is I'm glad I booked when I did. My cabin category is now $800 more and the offers are less than what I got. I haven't been on NCL in years and the offers last month enticed me to give them another try.
I'm glad I was able to re-book two of my cruises to take advantage of the promotion and even got a little $$$ discount off one of them. I never wait to book in hopes of a promotion and I don't wait when I see a cruise I want, because I know that no promotion lasts for ever.

Celebrity has a pick your perk promotion. You can pick from an air bonus, free drinks, free gratuities or OBC, but like NCL's, they don't last forever.

I'm glad I was able to re-book two of my cruises to take advantage of the promotion and even got a little $$$ discount off one of them. I never wait to book in hopes of a promotion and I don't wait when I see a cruise I want, because I know that no promotion lasts for ever.

Celebrity has a pick your perk promotion. You can pick from an air bonus, free drinks, free gratuities or OBC, but like NCL's, they don't last forever.

The Celebrity pick your perk isn't as good on the drink package because it's only the "classic" package they are giving out which limits the prices of each thing you can get and doesn't pretty much include everything.

The Celebrity pick your perk isn't as good on the drink package because it's only the "classic" package they are giving out which limits the prices of each thing you can get and doesn't pretty much include everything.
You are correct, it isn't as good, but for those that really, really have to have a drink package in order to book a cruise, it is at least on the table for consideration.