Guys Burgers?

GranysT

Guy's fries were never crispy, they are always soft all last week. they were not always even seasoned the same from batch to batch.

Way better fries elsewhere in the world, but perhaps not on the ship at that moment.

Never could eat more than a couple, just not my type of fries.

I like mine crispy, hot and just enough salt to be good and salty. Guy's was none of these things.

In my opinion, Guy's is without a doubt, the best burger at sea, and the best part is that it is at a complimentary venue. (Johnny Rockets pales in comparison, and leaves you lighter in the wallet. Mater's burgers on Disney were average at best. I will try the O'Sheehans version next year.) They are a big step up from the regular Carnival burgers, which aren't bad by any means. Guy's burgers is not just a branded hamburger -- there is a lot of thought that goes into making it so tasty, from the choice of meat, to the mixture of cheeses, to the buttering and grilling of the bun, and the wide array of very tasty toppings.

-- there is a lot of thought that goes into making it so tasty, from the choice of meat, to the mixture of cheeses, to the buttering and grilling of the bun, and the wide array of very tasty toppings.

to the big blob of butter they place on the meat as they cook it.

that said I do agree they may be the best burgers at sea.

I too wasn't that impressed with the burgers ~ but the topping bar was outstanding!!! That is what impressed me more than the burger itself.

Now Blue Iguana is rockin'!!! Those tacos are the bomb-diggity! And their breakfast burritos are pretty delish too!

Is that why they taste so good? Never paid much attention to the cooking process myself.

Yep, that's what crispy's them up like a steak burger. The place a burger on the grill then put a big dollup of butter dead center, flip, cook, cheese, serve...

I too wasn't that impressed with the burgers ~ but the topping bar was outstanding!!! That is what impressed me more than the burger itself.

Now Blue Iguana is rockin'!!! Those tacos are the bomb-diggity! And their breakfast burritos are pretty delish too!

Yep they were good, especially for us the breakfast versions.

Apparently I am in the minority, but I ddin't think Guy's was worth all the hype.

Sure they are better than McD's, but in the end they are still just hamburgers.;)

I am not one to hype any type of burger, I thought In and Out was only an average fast food burger. But Guy's was great, in my opinion. Maybe it was the fact I didn't dish out cash every time I wanted one. I now base my sailings on ships with Guys. I am reading that a lot of people find it greasy and very unhealthy. I am not reading a problem with this. We all understand it is a quick serve hamburger and not a gourmet kobe beef organic grass fed free range Portland raised humanely killed sushi-burger, right?

Wow... they announced FunShip 2.0 how long ago? And that's IT?!?!

Yeah, not all 2.0 ships have Blue Iguana Cantina and Guy's. I wish the Magic had the Blue Iguana Cantina. We have two more sailings on her before she leaves Texas.

Guys is the BEST burgers around , Never had limp greasy fries on The Breeze

Well I don't know your burger eating habits, but Guys are not the best burgers around but I will let that go as they are good for ship burgers.

You were not with me then on my Breeze Cruise last week as the fries were always limp for me :p, never crispy, never worth having on the plate.

Well I did eat them, and enjoyed them, but I must say there was enough sodium on those fries to put anyone into renal failure! But I ate them. Saw people at

the next table shaking salt on them. Agree though, there are better burgers

elsewhere.

Since it will be over a year til we try Carnival's Guys burgers for the first time on the Vista hubby and I joked we should make our own so we found a recipe and video and are doing it tomorrow so will let you know how it goes. Theres a small chance we will be sailing on the Dream but she does not have them.

They are here if anyone is interested:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/guy-fieri/straight-up-with-a-pig-patty-burger-recipe.html

The best burger we had cost us £15 ($23) as it had the most amazing scottish beef and the bun had been handmade that morning on site. It also had lots of different leaves and the best Garlic mayonnaise ever.

I never found the burgers overly greasy, and they were always freshly made. I never tried the fries, but loved the little potato sticks from the fixings bar. I guess people put them on their burgers, but I would take a little pile of them, and munch on them along with the burger.

I totally agree with you. I tried one on the Breeze and I was impressed. Now the Blue Iguana tacos and breakfast burritos were outstanding!

The best. Little or no waiting and they travel well.

We made the burger via the recipes above and with my great cooking skill.

They really were delicious although I prefer other burgers I have had. Its quite fashionable here at the moment to have gourmet burgers with chorizo, roe, seabass, quail eggs and all sorts in them. Some of them are very good!

Although maybe Guy's are really delicious and I just screwed up yesterday :D. Whats for sure is that I will be making the Donkey sauce again...love Garlic mayonnaise.

Edited by Velvetwater

Well I did eat them, and enjoyed them, but I must say there was enough sodium on those fries to put anyone into renal failure! But I ate them. Saw people at

the next table shaking salt on them. Agree though, there are better burgers

elsewhere.

Someone here made the suggestion to order the fries unseasoned. Will try that next time as we really dont need all that extra salt and they will be right out of the fryer..