shipboard credit for owning stock

spikecat

If you cruise often and use a HAL PCC, when you book the new cruise they can just use the information from the previous cruise for your stockholder credit! Quick and easy that way.

Recently I've found that Seattle wants a new verification about every year, or so. It is good for all the cruises I book during that year, though.

I used to be able to use the same one for longer periods, but not for the last couple of years.

Don't be surprised if they ask.

Recently I've found that Seattle wants a new verification about every year, or so. It is good for all the cruises I book during that year, though.

I used to be able to use the same one for longer periods, but not for the last couple of years.

Don't be surprised if they ask.

Good point. We booked several cruises close together so it was not an issue. I am sure that at some point they will ask for proof again, otherwise someone could abuse the benefit.

Can it be emailed or only mailed or faxed? I didn't see anything about email, but thought someone might know.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The instructions say to fax (what I do) or regular mail - no email.

Can it be emailed or only mailed or faxed? I didn't see anything about email, but thought someone might know.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Fax only. It's quite literally the only thing I've faxed in years.

Fax only. It's quite literally the only thing I've faxed in years.

Fax or Mail. Here are the directions:

"Please provide by fax or by mail your name, reservation number, ship and sailing date, along with proof of ownership of Carnival Corporation or Carnival plc shares (for example,

photocopy of shareholder proxy card, shares certificate, a dividend tax voucher or a current brokerage or nominee statement with your brokerage account number blacked out) to

your travel agent or to the cruise line you have selected below. "

• 2 months later...
I mailed our request a week or so ago for August cruise and have not heard yet.

That is strange..We always receive confirmation within 24 Hrs..

HAL does not always send you confirmation. You should have your TA confirm you got it (they can tell), or you can see it online if you booked through HAL.

We book through a Travel Agent, but always send our own requests for the OBC..

My FAX machine is not connected so my Friend Faxed our request between 3:15 & 3.30p.m. today & I had an e-mail from World Cruise Reservations at 3:44 today confirming that our $250 OBC has been applied.. They have always been prompt with our confirmations, but this is exceptional!

I send our Brokers Report with a covering letter to World Cruise Reservations, give HAL our booking number, ship & dates & request our CCL Stockholder OBC.. In the last paragraph of my letter I request a confirmation by e-mail..

Will take a copy of HAL's confirmation e-mail with us..

Edited by serendipity1499

Today I sent a request about share ownership to HAL at around 3 pm. Within minutes I received confirmation that the OBC had been applied to our two cruises.

In the past I have also had my Bank Manager send an email confirming stock ownership.

Glad they responded so quickly this time. :)

Rockfan2

I sent mine info in via my PCC. Mine was applied but I didn't receive a confirmation.

I seldom get a confirmation as well.

I am sure you know that you can check the amount on your reservation from HAL's website, but just a reminder to everyone (only if you booked directly through HAL).

Also, my PCC has been able to give me this OBC when I book as he has the information on file. I am sure after a certain time period I will have to refile though.

I am sure you know that you can check the amount on your reservation from HAL's website, but just a reminder to everyone (only if you booked directly through HAL).

Also, my PCC has been able to give me this OBC when I book as he has the information on file. I am sure after a certain time period I will have to refile though.

Yes, I do know that it's there but others might not so its a good tip. She tried to put the request in for my April cruise but they wouldn't bite. It's too far away. I may not be taking that cruise so it doesn't matter at this point.

I have always sent a copy of our latest Brokerage report with my covering letter every time we've applied for our OBC.. Also I always apply for the OBC after we've made our final payment..

Edited by serendipity1499

Yes, I do know that it's there but others might not so its a good tip. She tried to put the request in for my April cruise but they wouldn't bite. It's too far away. I may not be taking that cruise so it doesn't matter at this point.

Thanks interesting - I purchased my mid-March, 2016 cruise last January (2015) and I got my stockholder's credit ($250) at that time! You never know with HAL!

Thanks interesting - I purchased my mid-March, 2016 cruise last January (2015) and I got my stockholder's credit ($250) at that time! You never know with HAL!

I usually send mine in around 6-8 months out too and have never had an issue. (I'm always afraid I will forget to do it ;) )

My TA has always faxed a letter from my stockbroker confirming I have stock a couple or 3 months before my cruise. I have a new TA who says a letter of that sort wouldn't be good enough. Guess I'll have to have more documentation...I hate to send a copy of my broker's statement as it has so much info on it...even with my account number blacked out.

My TA has always faxed a letter from my stockbroker confirming I have stock a couple or 3 months before my cruise. I have a new TA who says a letter of that sort wouldn't be good enough. Guess I'll have to have more documentation...I hate to send a copy of my broker's statement as it has so much info on it...even with my account number blacked out.

Do you receive the proxy each year to vote your shares? That is what I fax to them. I make a copy of it and put my booking number, and all of the data required on the same page (two pages will get separated). I give them my e-mail for confirmation and keep the confirmation I receive with my ship documents just in case there is a problem.

There have been some posts from some bragging about how they bought the CCL stock, faxed in their proof of purchase, and promptly sold the stock. They no longer owned CCL stock when they boarded. Maybe HAL has had to tighten up the time frame between approving the OBC and the sailing date.