Constellation - Is there a Lawn?

Marley-Bop

Hi

We are looking forward to our first Celebrity cruise on Constellation 11th July. Can anyone tell me if there is a lawn on this ship? According to Celebrity website there is but I'm not sure if this is accurate and despite googling and looking at various deck plans, I'm none the wiser.

Many thanks In advance.

Angie

Edited by Marley-Bop

Hi

We are looking forward to our first Celebrity cruise on Constellation 11th July. Can anyone tell me if there is a lawn on this ship? According to Celebrity website there is but I'm not sure if this is accurate and despite googling and looking at various deck plans, I'm none the wiser.

Many thanks In advance.

Angie

I am curious - where on the Celebrity website does it say this?

On the link I posted, click on ship and scroll down for what's included??

Not sure if I'm doing this right but I"ll try and post the link where it says what's included. It's says lawn club, croquet and lawn games at the bottom

Of the page?

https://www.celebritycruises.co.uk/itinerary/cs08m033/20150711/2/0/cruiseonly

Yep, it sure does say "Lawn Club" and " Croquet, other lawn games". Unfortunately, they are wrong on both counts. No such areas or activities on this ship. Not sure about the "cinema" as well, unless they are referring to the main theater when no shows are being presented.

Edited by SantaFeFan

Unless they've ripped it out since February, there is grass right outside the Reflections Lounge. A strip down at least one side and a larger area across the front. It is not accessible to cruisers, but the lawn is definitely growing there (purposely). Not the same as the lawn on the Solstice class ships, but it is technically a lawn.

Unless they've ripped it out since February, there is grass right outside the Reflections Lounge. A strip down at least one side and a larger area across the front. It is not accessible to cruisers, but the lawn is definitely growing there (purposely). Not the same as the lawn on the Solstice class ships, but it is technically a lawn.

This strip looked like artificial turf to me. It doesn't make sense to go through all the hassle of maintaining such a small section of live lawn when passengers can't even enjoy it.

Edited by SantaFeFan

This strip looked like artificial turf to me. It doesn't make sense to go through all the hassle of maintaining such a small section of live lawn when passengers can't even enjoy it.

Definitely not real but it's there.... I wonder why? I guess it better than nothing but hey how about some fake palm trees, some plastic chairs with glued down sand?

Definitely not real but it's there.... I wonder why? I guess it better than nothing but hey how about some fake palm trees, some plastic chairs with glued down sand?

Surely there would be room for some classic pink flamingos :).

Surely there would be room for some classic pink flamingos :).

They could wear Santa hats in season, dress up for other holidays! Mardi Gras beads... it's *****-pah time and some bier-steins all around for the pinks!

It looks like that is an all-inclusive list across the fleet. There is some "fine print" under it that says

"
Every one of our ships is unique, venues and activities do vary by ship, visit Our Ships for more highlights by ship
....."

When looking at the Celebrity site yesterday to see if they had a picture of the grass outside the Reflections Lounge, I noticed that in the photo gallery for the ship, they include a picture of Quasar nightclub, which of course is nowhere to be found on the Constellation. Aside from having a pretty bad website, what is the problem Celebrity has with providing accurate info? It's not like the website is so huge that someone couldn't go page by page to check the accuracy of the information they're presenting to the public. Seems like low-hanging fruit.

If I remember correctly there was a HUGE expanse of unused space on Deck 12 aft of the basketball courts. I walked around there and it was just this expanse of deck that was as hot as the surface of the sun without a bit of shade. A few lounge chairs but nobody was using this space. Celebrity could put a lawn in there and make use of that space.

my 0.02

Oh well, I'm really looking forward to my first Celebrity cruise anyway. Thank you all so much for taking the time to reply.

Angie

The Connie is a wonderful ship and you will love her! 2 cruises on her and I would love to rejoin her again....