I finally tried the bread pudding

cruz chic

... not at all surprised that some people do not like bread pudding, but am disappointed to see that so many people end up wasting food by "trying" a full portion instead of doing the sensible (responsible) thing and trying a sample-sized portion ...

Breadpudding itself is made from scraps and leftovers actually. It does jot cost HAL anything, it is their cheapest dessert:)

That is why breadpudding can sometimes taste differently each day. It depends on what breads were surplus the previous day.

Breadpudding itself is made from scraps and leftovers actually. It does jot cost HAL anything, it is their cheapest dessert:)

That is why breadpudding can sometimes taste differently each day. It depends on what breads were surplus the previous day.

The sauce can also make a big difference. I Love some Bread Puddings and yet detest others.

The best Bread Puddings are in my opinion those made with Spiced Rum. There is something about Rum that causes a better flavor to the sauce. And I am allergic to alcohol, so saying that's what makes it better is a bit weird for me.

Joanie

Tried it...on HAL, Celebrity, RCI, and Princess.

Nothing to write home about any of them, either the pudding or the sauces, that we have experienced.

Each to his own though. We happen to like the Grand Marnier soufflé, others do not.

Edited by iancal

... great point ... it may also explain why some people don't like it ...

Bread pudding was a recipe of necessity during my

childhood, due to rationing and food shortages.

So bread pudding was a delight and I still

really enjoy it. I don't care if anyone else

doesn't like it - there's foods I don't like but I don't

wonder why others do.

Tried it...on HAL, Celebrity, RCI, and Princess.

Nothing to write home about any of them, either the pudding or the sauces, that we have experienced.

Each to his own though. We happen to like the Grand Marnier soufflé, others do not.

Well said. We enjoy the bread pudding but never ordered the soufflé again after the first time even though we enjoy a liquor (like B&B) after dinner.

As they say to each their own. I love it & I sure notice it at the end of the cruise. On sea days I have a big bowl every day & I wonder why my pants get tight.

Allan