I finally tried the bread pudding

cruz chic

After having about 350 days on hal I finally tried the bread pudding. I hear people raving about it constantly. It's my opinion that a good way to ruin bread is to make pudding out of it. I was told I had to try it because it's different. It was so gross I couldn't eat it. I took about 2 tablespoons of it and I hate to waste food but it was really bad. Feel free to eat my share in the future:D.

Edited by cruz chic

I'll eat your share of chocolate and we'll call it even:D.

I want in on this deal!

I'm willing to share the chocolate with cruz chic! Looks like a win-win situation for dixiefinn.

HAL's bread pudding is OK, especially the chocolate chip one, but..... the sauce has become sort of gross lately! Just give me the chocolate straight, please!!

I want in on this deal!

I'm willing to share the chocolate with cruz chic! Looks like a win-win situation for dixiefinn.

HAL's bread pudding is OK, especially the chocolate chip one, but..... the sauce has become sort of gross lately! Just give me the chocolate straight, please!!

Yup, chocolate straight up. Sounds like a plan. I expected the sauce to be more sweet and not like straight pudding.

Bread pudding sounds great! Is it something served on all the ships or just certain ones?

On every ship. Sometimes it's behind the counter and you have to ask for it. That's what stopped me from trying it before.

Yup, chocolate straight up. Sounds like a plan. I expected the sauce to be more sweet and not like straight pudding.

The sauce tastes a lot like what I would expect sweetened glue to taste like.

That said, bread pudding and sauce isn't the easiest dish to put out on a buffet, to try to keep warm and not get dried out. The fruit crisp is generally a better bet (with ice cream!).

The sauce tastes a lot like what I would expect sweetened glue to taste like.

That said, bread pudding and sauce isn't the easiest dish to put out on a buffet, to try to keep warm and not get dried out. The fruit crisp is generally a better bet (with ice cream!).

Sweetened glue. I think you've described it perfectly:D.

Love the fruit crisps. One night mine was right out of the oven. The only way to wreck it is to put rhubarb in it.

I love the bread pudding but my DH will not even taste it. To me the sauce tastes a lot like the homemade pudding she would make for banana pudding - LOVE IT!

Maybe some of the ships are making it different now. I do not like the flavored ones, on our last HAL cruise they had cinnamon and chocolate (did not like them).

After having about 350 days on hal I finally tried the bread pudding. I hear people raving about it constantly. It's my opinion that a good way to ruin bread is to make pudding out of it. I was told I had to try it because it's different. It was so gross I couldn't eat it. I took about 2 tablespoons of it and I hate to waste food but it was really bad. Feel free to eat my share in the future:D.

When I started cruising in 1988, the bread pudding was pudding. I don't even look for it any more. But of course after this many years, many things have changed.

Put me in with the Bread Pudding lovers group. And, I really like the Vanilla Sauce that is on it as well. (In fact, my traveling companion asked me once when I returned to our table with this dessert: "Do you like a little Bread Pudding with your Vanilla Sauce?")

I agree: I do not care for the flavored varieties.

Maybe the differences in this dessert depends upon the chef preparing it.

It doesn't even sound good to me, so I've never been tempted (not the tiniest bit) to try it. Thank you Cruz Chic, I don't think I've missed much. And I'm diabetic, so any bread, much less bread pudding, is the last thing I need. :eek: On the other hand chocolate is worth the carbs!

It doesn't even sound good to me, so I've never been tempted (not the tiniest bit) to try it. Thank you Cruz Chic, I don't think I've missed much. And I'm diabetic, so any bread, much less bread pudding, is the last thing I need. :eek: On the other hand chocolate is worth the carbs!

I just expected it to taste so different. It looked like it would be good based on how it looked. I expected it to be more crunchy and sweet and it was neither. Save a loaf of bread and eat chocolate ;):D.

I don't like bread, and so I don't like bread pudding, but, sorry, my DH eats my share! :) In fact I don't eat much in the way of desserts unless they are chocolate, so I usually pass and have a bit of fruit or cheese & crackers.

I don't like bread, and so I don't like bread pudding, but, sorry, my DH eats my share! :) In fact I don't eat much in the way of desserts unless they are chocolate, so I usually pass and have a bit of fruit or cheese & crackers.

You don't like bread? I wished I didn't. I love it so much I want to be buried in a loaf of bread.

It's my opinion that a good way to ruin bread is to make pudding out of it.

Pain perdu and bread pudding should be made with stale bread. It was a way to use a food beyond its usefulness in original form and to save money.

I can understand why you do not like it. It can be very eggy and that does not appeal to everyone. Chocolate, on the other hand, is disliked by almost no one.

Pain perdu and bread pudding should be made with stale bread. It was a way to use a food beyond its usefulness in original form and to save money.

I can understand why you do not like it. It can be very eggy and that does not appeal to everyone. Chocolate, on the other hand, is disliked by almost no one.

Yes, I think you are right about it being eggy. I don't like soufflés either.

Oh.... the bread pudding. Sooooo very good. Both the chocolate and the regular bread pudding. With some vanilla sauce.... or even better, the warm bread pudding with some of the ice cream that is served right next to it. AND it can get even better with some of the ice cream toppings on it.

Yes, I do like it. LOL

But I did grow up with my mother making it, so that might make a difference too. Is HAL's as good as that made by mother? Of course not. But it sure is good.

Soon, very soon, I will be sampling it again. :D

Edited by KNOT2L82SAIL