Over/under for children count on Grandeur?

Embarking on our first cruise June 12th. I understand that GOS holds roughly 2000 passengers. So how many kids do think will be on that cruise? Is it early enough that most kids will still be in school?

PS Thanks to all for the helpful information and entertainment for this newby for the last several months! :D

Here in Savannah our kids start school the first week of August and are already out for summer. Many schools in the deep south are on similar schedules, but given that you're sailing from Baltimore and headed to the Bahamas I wouldn't think you'd have too many families from this area - there are lots of cruises out of Florida that go to the Bahamas so I'd think people would be more likely to book one of those, as the departure point would likely be closer.

And all of them happily running in the halls, pushing every button in the elevator, ignoring the serving spoons in the WJ and naturally warming up the pool.:D:D:D

probably not as many drunks, rude adults or even older adults who think they are entitled though.....

i was on in march, i know not the time your asking about but my daughter was one of 7 other kids in the kids club, they say the ship doesnt attract as many families as the larger ones do....

probably not as many drunks, rude adults or even older adults who think they are entitled though.....

i was on in march, i know not the time your asking about but my daughter was one of 7 other kids in the kids club, they say the ship doesnt attract as many families as the larger ones do....

.....and I was on the Grandeur last July, when the kids' club (Adventure Ocean) was so full that they were turning children away.

We sailed on GOTS over Thanksgiving and there wee over 600 kids onboard, including one that was ours :). Our son gets through with school on June 4th but the public schools get out the following week. I would not be surprised to see 300-500 kids on board.

.....and I was on the Grandeur last July, when the kids' club (Adventure Ocean) was so full that they were turning children away.

Wow - I thought that never happened. Not that it matters anymore as youngest grandchild is nearly 18 (6 or 7 on his first cruise).

Wow - I thought that never happened. Not that it matters anymore as youngest grandchild is nearly 18 (6 or 7 on his first cruise).

It happened on our Thanksgiving cruise too, but I think only one or two nights. We never had a problem but AO warned all the parents during registration that the club would turn kids away when they reached capacity (80 kids). There were only 42 kids in the 3-5 range, so that room never had a problem, but I think the other room did because they combine 6-8 and 9-11 groups together.

It happened on our Thanksgiving cruise too, but I think only one or two nights. We never had a problem but AO warned all the parents during registration that the club would turn kids away when they reached capacity (80 kids). There were only 42 kids in the 3-5 range, so that room never had a problem, but I think the other room did because they combine 6-8 and 9-11 groups together.

I guess I should have put a qualifier on my original post. I will be contributing 3 children to the child population on the cruise. :)

Not scared by the volume of children, but trying to prepare myself for what to expect on board. My youngest (9) would probably be the most interested in the AO activities. Other than a race to the registration table on embarkation, is there a way to register ahead of time?

If nothing else, it sounds like I'll be able to gauge what kind of parent I've been when I see how they interact with a large group of kids. :eek:

I guess I should have put a qualifier on my original post. I will be contributing 3 children to the child population on the cruise. :)

Not scared by the volume of children, but trying to prepare myself for what to expect on board. My youngest (9) would probably be the most interested in the AO activities. Other than a race to the registration table on embarkation, is there a way to register ahead of time?

If nothing else, it sounds like I'll be able to gauge what kind of parent I've been when I see how they interact with a large group of kids. :eek:

If you click on my reviews (see below in signature), I have posted the AO dailies for both my Grandeur cruises.

And all of them happily running in the halls, pushing every button in the elevator, ignoring the serving spoons in the WJ and naturally warming up the pool.:D:D:D

Or worse.... using their salad forks with their entrees.

There is no need to race to the registration table, registering your child just says you are going to use the program, it doesn't guarantee you a space at any given time.

This is what I get for being a professional lurker...I wouldn't even begin to know how to join the roll call.....sad, but true story!

Click here:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2137957

for your Roll Call

and

here:

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/ccEntry.do

to register for the Meet & Mingle.

Here in Queen Annes County our kids are out June 16th.......I believe most of the neighboring counties are the same. Please keep in mind that we did have a few days added to the end due to snow. So, if some famlies had booked this prior to the days added.....there may be a few more kids.

Take care,

Sandi

Here in Queen Annes County our kids are out June 16th.......I believe most of the neighboring counties are the same. Please keep in mind that we did have a few days added to the end due to snow. So, if some famlies had booked this prior to the days added.....there may be a few more kids.

Take care,

Sandi

Thanks Sandi. I was thinking school year might be a little extended. Also not sure if the smaller ships do not attract younger families due to less kid friendly amenities or is it the opposite due to pricing.

Thank you so much for the links!

Before I register for the Meet and Mingles, are they adults only or do children attend also?

When I booked the cruise to be honest, it was last minute and I had not considered alot of schools would not be out yet. I was shocked to see when the OP gave the info on how many kids were to be on board. I am relieved I asked my daughter's friend to vacation with us!