What Have You Paid for Drinks on RCI Lately?

I don't drink enough to warrant an expensive package, and DH doesn't drink at all. I have to say however, that I guess I didn't believe what everybody was saying about the current cost of the alcoholic beverages/frozen drinks. While looking at my receipts from last week's cruise, I was reminded of how crazy those prices are...

Ultimate Colada - $12

BBC - $11.80

D of the D - $13.20

What are you all paying for your individual drinks? :confused:

It's even worse when you're stuck paying that all year...those are the prices we have to pay in our area for regular cocktails or decent glass of wine at most nicer restaurants (not even top level restaurants, just nicer ones) and most nightclubs. And I enjoy the occasional drink out on weekends - which gets expensive.

The only affordable "drink package" around here is buying bottles at the liquor store and staying home! :D

Edited by Flafun888

Some drinks are cheaper than others, but for two Pina Coladas to total with gratuity was around $23.

Gin and Tonic was around $9 each.

The prices have gone up quite a bit since last year and the new 18% gratuity also adds to the price (18% * higher price = even higher price)

Still not worth the cost of a package to us since we don't drink that much.

Tom

OMG! Our bars/restaurants (most of them, anyway) charge about $3.50 for a bottled beer, and about $5.50 for a cocktail.....it's one thing to pay those prices at a sporting event, where you're there for a couple hours....it's entirely a different kettle of fish if you have to pay prices like that for a week!

Edited by cb at sea

As I mentioned in my post, my hubby doesn't drink alcohol. Schooner Bar and Pool Bar assessed his standard ginger ale and grenadine at around $4.50! Wow!

Don't get me wrong, it's not enough to prevent me from cruising but it was quite a shocker.

I don't drink enough to warrant an expensive package, and DH doesn't drink at all. I have to say however, that I guess I didn't believe what everybody was saying about the current cost of the alcoholic beverages/frozen drinks. While looking at my receipts from last week's cruise, I was reminded of how crazy those prices are...

Ultimate Colada - $12

BBC - $11.80

D of the D - $13.20

What are you all paying for your individual drinks? :confused:

Drink of the day is $13.20? You have got to be kidding me! Was the glass

14k gold?

My parents just came off Anthem 16nt sailing and paid $13.50 for a screwdriver. I didn't ask if this included gratuity. My dad said all the drinks were watered down.

This was our experience on Radiance a few weeks ago - I watched the bartenders and they were very precise in only pouring one shot in the glass. Only exception: the MDR bar waiter, who I tipped nicely, made sure my Johnny Walker Black and club soda's were very generously poured, at $8 each.

I figure if they auto charge the 18% then that is part of what it costs. You have to pay it no matter how they try to con-volute it.

Tom

My parents just came off Anthem 16nt sailing and paid $13.50 for a screwdriver. I didn't ask if this included gratuity. My dad said all the drinks were watered down.

Yes and you paid the same even if you didn't want to keep the glass. We tried since we don't really want to pack them home.

Tom

Drink of the day is $13.20? You have got to be kidding me! Was the glass

14k gold?

OMG! Our bars/restaurants (most of them, anyway) charge about $3.50 for a bottled beer, and about $5.50 for a cocktail.....it's one thing to pay those prices at a sporting event, where you're there for a couple hours....it's entirely a different kettle of fish if you have to pay prices like that for a week!

That's pretty cheap, although I'm sure our local bar is comparable. But going out for dinner, even Chilis a margarita is over $10 / drink.

This may sound like a stupid question, but looking at that receipt for 2 Ultimate Coladas with the $4+ gratuity. Are the built-in gratuities divided between all the bar staff at the end of the day/week?

I found a receipt from this week. the Motto "be prepared" applies here. Cococay

21mhvgl.jpg

Great googly woogly!!! That's EXACTLY what I'm talking about. At home, I can get 2 extra-large pizzas and a 2 liter bottle of soda for that! LOL

This was our experience on Radiance a few weeks ago - I watched the bartenders and they were very precise in only pouring one shot in the glass. Only exception: the MDR bar waiter, who I tipped nicely, made sure my Johnny Walker Black and club soda's were very generously poured, at $8 each.

Pouring a measured shot isn't watering down a drink. RSA rules require measured shots so customers are better able to judge how much alcohol they are drinking. (It also helps with business accounting). I would consider a drink watered down if the bottle of spirits they were pouring from had had water added or if the drink did not contain a full measure. Having another server free pour and give you stronger drinks is a bonus rather than the standard to which general drinks should be compared

Edited by calypso73

Great googly woogly!!! That's EXACTLY what I'm talking about. At home, I can get 2 extra-large pizzas and a 2 liter bottle of soda for that! LOL

So you're comparing cumquats to bolts?

What absurdity.

Pouring a measured shot isn't watering down a drink. RSA rules require measured shots so customers are better able to judge how much alcohol they are drinking. (It also helps with business accounting). I would consider a drink watered down if the bottle of spirits they were pouring from had had water added or if the drink did not contain a full measure. Having another server free pour and give you stronger drinks is a bonus rather than the standard to which general drinks should be compared

I am accustomed to bartenders (land and on cruise ships) pouring the shot plus some extra after the shot was poured as a normal practice. I think there have been enough threads here on CC recently about the pricing and pouring for most people to get my drift, business accounting notwithstanding.

Edited by joepeka

This may sound like a stupid question, but looking at that receipt for 2 Ultimate Coladas with the $4+ gratuity. Are the built-in gratuities divided between all the bar staff at the end of the day/week?

I don't think it's a stupid question. I'd like to know too, but I've not seen any details on bar gratuity distribution from Royal.

Ooh, and you're in deep dish territory! Sounds good to me!