Complimentary Royal Refreshment Pkg??

Looking at that flyer today it now says refreshment package, but a few days ago it definately said replenish....didn't it????

It did say replenish.....And now it says for sailings in that time frame.......:eek::eek:

I also called June 4th to verify it was the Replenish and was told by a rep at the DP desk it was..

I emailed MB yesterday,as I am sure MANY people did........we shall see what happens,if anything...

Edited by PH8

We were very interested in this offer until all the confusion. Not worth dealing with if it's just the Refreshment package (seriously, who came up with the names).

For those booking this - how far out can you book the beverage packages? We sail in June, 2016 and when I check My Cruises online, I get an error screen when trying to book any beverage packages, shore excursions, dinner reservations, etc. Comes up with "Sorry we can't book this now, check when you get onboard".

So much for advanced reservations for anything. Guess they aren't going to be getting any advanced revenue from us as all :rolleyes:

Edited by wheretonow?

I'm still awaiting a response from Royal. I find it incredibly disappointing, as an agent we spend time going over things with our clients explaining the value getting them to place trust in our knowledge. They agree, now get to go back to my clients and look foolish. Its very frustrating.

I too have a copy of the "misprint" and have sent it in to the powers that be. I am getting doubtful though that it will matter. I also don't want to spend my vacation standing in what can potentially be a very long line at customer service on the ship!

We were very interested in this offer until all the confusion. Not worth dealing with if it's just the Refreshment package (seriously, who came up with the names).

For those booking this - how far out can you book the beverage packages? We sail in June, 2016 and when I check My Cruises online, I get an error screen when trying to book any beverage packages, shore excursions, dinner reservations, etc. Comes up with "Sorry we can't book this now, check when you get onboard".

So much for advanced reservations for anything. Guess they aren't going to be getting any advanced revenue from us as all :rolleyes:

We are sailing in July 2016 and I was at least able to get to where I could add drink packages. I did not continue on, because I wanted to the get the confusion sorted out first.

Just wanted to post my experience. I called yesterday evening 4 separate times hoping to get the result I wanted, being pay for the ultimate package and get the replenish free. My first 3 calls were to CAS and my last one to the general CS #. My sailing is on 9/7/15. The first guy told me it was the refreshment package free. The next 3 all told me that it was not valid for my booking since it was after the promotional window ending 8/31/15. I told them It was showing up in my cruise planner and I had the flyer, but no luck...

Sent from my LGMS769 using Forums mobile app

I called today and was told even though I have the original flyer from ta that they would not be honoring this for anyone as it is subject to change. Ridiculous. Just ridiculous. The flyer has been available for over 3 weeks and they just realized their mistake???

I called today and was told even though I have the original flyer from ta that they would not be honoring this for anyone as it is subject to change. Ridiculous. Just ridiculous. The flyer has been available for over 3 weeks and they just realized their mistake???

I booked my cruise months ago and it falls between the right dates for the promo. How did everyone get the flyer? First time I've seen it is on this thread.

Asked my TA about it and he had not received a flyer either.

I booked my cruise months ago and it falls between the right dates for the promo. How did everyone get the flyer? First time I've seen it is on this thread.

Asked my TA about it and he had not received a flyer either.

Funny thing is I haven't seen/heard of it promoted elsewhere. The promo was mentioned on here prior to it going on sale 15 June, at even at the outset there was some confusion on which 'R' package was included.

The (original) flyer appeared to have cleared things up....for 5 minutes [emoji38]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I spoke with Andie from special services 6/16 at 6:45. She assured me that if you had printed proof of the original promotion RCCl would honor it per the resolutions department. She did not give me any specifics as to which cruises, only that you had to physically present the flyer to guest services at which time they would honor it.. I have printed my flyer and will be presenting it to them in 2 weeks. Someone should call to verify what Andie told me. I believe they have been bombarded by dissatisfied loyal cruisers and to make things right they are reversing their original decision not to honor.

Disappointing as it is that they made such a mess of this promo, as Im sailing on the Allure this August with my wife and 2 KIds I might as well take up the free soda package.

Has anyone actually tried to purchase it?

I've tried booking online and if I add and Ultimate, Select and 2 Soda packages my cart totals to the value of all 4 items. I would have expected to have a zero value on one of the soda packages.

I read earlier in the thread, when we thought it was the Replenish Package, that you just bought the Ultimate and when you board they just 'know they owe you the freebie package', surely there should be something more definite that provides proof?

Disappointing as it is that they made such a mess of this promo, as Im sailing on the Allure this August with my wife and 2 KIds I might as well take up the free soda package.

Has anyone actually tried to purchase it?

I've tried booking online and if I add and Ultimate, Select and 2 Soda packages my cart totals to the value of all 4 items. I would have expected to have a zero value on one of the soda packages.

I read earlier in the thread, when we thought it was the Replenish Package, that you just bought the Ultimate and when you board they just 'know they owe you the freebie package', surely there should be something more definite that provides proof?

I couldn't agree more with your last point. If you buy something, even with a free offer you expect some sort of confirmation at time of purchase.

But even how this had been setup (or lack thereof) to buy online with no clear instructions is so badly thought out its pure amateurish at best.

I thinks I'm more inflamed by the many many ways RCI have failed in delivery of this promo, more so than by possibly not getting the anticipated Replenish Package!

By the way, yes you only add the Ultimate Pkg and pay for that. If you click on 'details' before adding it to cart you'll see the only reference to the promo per below screenshot. It does not really clarify how to order or how it will be assigned..,we are back to the worrying 'once onboard they'll sort it out' solution!! [emoji33]

66446959c3b1a94f2effa8ad312587d2.jpg

Edited by QE2_Fan

Crickets from the Executive office. Maybe tomorrow...

Any luck with those crickets singing a different tune?

Does anyone have an email or contact for RCI like the 'concerns@celebrity' email that apparently was read by the CEO's office?

Aside from trying to get them to honour their error, I really think they should hear from us just what a cock up and disappointment as to how this promotion was handled overall.

So many points here I'm flabbergasted considering overall this was a MINOR promotion on their part:

* lack of proof reading of original flyer. It should never have gone out to public release. In first instance. Surely RCI marketing are intimate with their own product and appreciate the variation and impact of quoting the incorrect beverage package?

* internal lack of communication. Their teams were promoting it as Replenish Package and selling it as such. Later when this was stopped, many variations of the deal were occurring including the interpretation of the valid between dated to purchase the promos as valid cruise departure dates. Still unclear which it is???

* Lack of promotion or instruction online regarding the promo. If you didn't check the 'Details' of the Ultimate Package you would be missed it altogether.

* no clear instruction as to how to book the promo. Many people were adding both 1x Ultimate and 1 x Replenish or Refresh pkg to this carts, only to see a total charge for both products.

* upon successful purchase either online (by purchasing ONLY the Premium Pkg) or via call centre there is NO written confirmation that the promo has been reserved or included Only details of the Ultimate Package are reflected in the online booking My Calendar.

If booked via phone, some of the call centre reps have advised there is nothing in writing they can provide, but that it will be all sorted out once onboard as 'they will know' who has the package. HOW? if we as a customer don't even know by any purchase invoice or confirmation, how would the staff onboard know who booked the promo and who didn't? This is a major concern as its well known that whether by design or not, onshore admin and on board admin do not always have the same story, nor communicate as well as they should!

*It has been advised via some call centre staff that RCI will NOT be honouring the mistaken REPLENISH PKG offer, even to those who purchase the deal under the honest pretext that this was the valid promotion and even had it verbally confirmed by call centre staff and superiors. They explanation is due to the trade flyer had an error which RCI have right to change. Although no such 'fine print' clause exists on original flyer.

This response also does not reasonably relate to those that had it verbally confirmed, in many instances where staff escalated and received verification from their supervisors that they in turn passed onto the customer who purchased in good faith based on such verified information being advised.

This latter issue is a concern to RCI's integrity and even legal implications regarding verbal contract and commitment.

Edited by QE2_Fan

Any luck with those crickets singing a different tune?

Does anyone have an email or contact for RCI like the 'concerns@celebrity' email that apparently was read by the CEO's office?

Aside from trying to get them to honour their error, I really think they should hear from us just what a cock up and disappointment as to how this promotion was handled overall.

So many points here I'm flabbergasted considering overall this was a MINOR promotion on their part:

* lack of proof reading of original flyer. It should never have gone out to public release. In first instance. Surely RCI marketing are intimate with their own product and appreciate the variation and impact of quoting the incorrect beverage package?

* internal lack of communication. Their teams were promoting it as Replenish Package and selling it as such. Later when this was stopped, many variations of the deal were occurring including the interpretation of the valid between dated to purchase the promos as valid cruise departure dates. Still unclear which it is???

* Lack of promotion or instruction online regarding the promo. If you didn't check the 'Details' of the Ultimate Package you would be missed it altogether.

* no clear instruction as to how to book the promo. Many people were adding both 1x Ultimate and 1 x Replenish or Refresh pkg to this carts, only to see a total charge for both products.

* upon successful purchase either online (by purchasing ONLY the Premium Pkg) or via call centre there is NO written confirmation that the promo has been reserved or included Only details of the Ultimate Package are reflected in the online booking My Calendar.

If booked via phone, some of the call centre reps have advised there is nothing in writing they can provide, but that it will be all sorted out once onboard as 'they will know' who has the package. HOW? if we as a customer don't even know by any purchase invoice or confirmation, how would the staff onboard know who booked the promo and who didn't? This is a major concern as its well known that whether by design or not, onshore admin and on board admin do not always have the same story, nor communicate as well as they should!

*It has been advised via some call centre staff that RCI will NOT be honouring the mistaken REPLENISH PKG offer, even to those who purchase the deal under the honest pretext that this was the valid promotion and even had it verbally confirmed by call centre staff and superiors. They explanation is due to the trade flyer had an error which RCI have right to change. Although no such 'fine print' clause exists on original flyer.

This response also does not reasonably relate to those that had it verbally confirmed, in many instances where staff escalated and received verification from their supervisors that they in turn passed onto the customer who purchased in good faith based on such verified information being advised.

This latter issue is a concern to RCI's integrity and even legal implications regarding verbal contract and commitment.

If you had an email address for a responsible person you should email the above as it very clearly lists all our grievances and concerns regarding the planning and implementation of this simple promotion.

I would ideally like to speak to someone to find out how I am now supposed to book this but here in the UK they use Non Geographic telephone numbers for customer service so you have to pay a premium rate to talk to them!

If you had an email address for a responsible person you should email the above as it very clearly lists all our grievances and concerns regarding the planning and implementation of this simple promotion.

I would ideally like to speak to someone to find out how I am now supposed to book this but here in the UK they use Non Geographic telephone numbers for customer service so you have to pay a premium rate to talk to them!

This is the number I rang after checking on "saynoto0870"

0800 018 2020 and I spoke to lovely American. I did this twice, in the morning when they confirmed the replenish, but I couldn't book it as he couldn't access my account as I had just been in it.

I then rang again in the evening and a lovely American again confirmed, 5 times, it was the replenish so I booked it. I also paid in ££ as my original booking was in ££.

I reached out via mail again to RCI to the same lady I ordered my Ultimate packages with on the 15th (I have her email address, since I had to send her the flyer), who verbally confirmed at that time that I was entitled to a complimentary Replenish package for each if the 2 Ultimate packages I was buying.

Given the ongoing discussions, dropped her another mail to get a written confirmation of these complimentary Replenish packages, since it doesn't show on the online booking tool.

She replied to me yesterday by mail in which she confirmed but probably the only twice in writing that I am entitled to the complimentary Replenish packages and that it will be taken care of once getting on board the ship.

Funny enough she also sent me some screenshots of the FAQ that they have and even these are non conclusive as sometimes they mention Replenish and sometimes Refresh.

I will bring the original flyer, my confirmation of payment (on the 15th of June) and her email with me next month and see what will happen.

Still not convinced it will go without a "discussion" at guest services on board.....

I reached out via mail again to RCI to the same lady I ordered my Ultimate packages with on the 15th (I have her email address, since I had to send her the flyer), who verbally confirmed at that time that I was entitled to a complimentary Replenish package for each if the 2 Ultimate packages I was buying.

Given the ongoing discussions, dropped her another mail to get a written confirmation of these complimentary Replenish packages, since it doesn't show on the online booking tool.

She replied to me yesterday by mail in which she confirmed but probably the only twice in writing that I am entitled to the complimentary Replenish packages and that it will be taken care of once getting on board the ship.

Funny enough she also sent me some screenshots of the FAQ that they have and even these are non conclusive as sometimes they mention Replenish and sometimes Refresh.

I will bring the original flyer, my confirmation of payment (on the 15th of June) and her email with me next month and see what will happen.

Still not convinced it will go without a "discussion" at guest services on board.....

I hope it all goes well for you as it's not the way you want to start your cruise, discussing what you should be receiving!

I find it absurd that this promotion is implemented with no details on how you should purchase and receive confirmation of your entitlement.

If you had purchased 2 Ultimate and 2 Replenish/Soda packages, would they be waiting on board to add your stickers to your seapass for your complimentary package.

Remember, unless guests actually click on the details button of the Ultimate Package they would have no idea that the promotion exists.

Would you be able to post the FAQ And confirmation here? It could help substantiate any fair claim and resolution to those that have had a conflicting response than yours. Cheers! [emoji1]

I'd be happy to if someone can provide an email address that would get to an area of higher management. I would waste my time just sending it to the generic customer service contacts.

It is mind-boggling to me that a major corporate entity could put out a flyer for a promotional offer that was materially incorrect as to what the freebie was, as well as utterly confusing as to whether the "June 15-Aug 31" dates referred to the purchase or sail dates.

It is just so EASY not to make these kinds of errors, and yet we see them time and time again throughout the business world. Proofreading and accountability have gone out the window. And in this case, I'm sure it did not help that RCI's beverage packages (Refresh and Replenish) are so similarly (and stupidly) named and have zero substantive meaning; no doubt this added to the confusion of those creating the promo and the flyers.

For heaven's sake, call Refresh the "soda package" and make things clear!

It is mind-boggling to me that a major corporate entity could put out a flyer for a promotional offer that was materially incorrect as to what the freebie was, as well as utterly confusing as to whether the "June 15-Aug 31" dates referred to the purchase or sail dates.

It is just so EASY not to make these kinds of errors, and yet we see them time and time again throughout the business world. Proofreading and accountability have gone out the window. And in this case, I'm sure it did not help that RCI's beverage packages (Refresh and Replenish) are so similarly (and stupidly) named and have zero substantive meaning; no doubt this added to the confusion of those creating the promo and the flyers.

For heaven's sake, call Refresh the "soda package" and make things clear!

And in addition to that, there is nothing on their website to indicate how you should book and redeem this lesser offer! Incredible that they can get us booked on their ships at all!

I just got off the phone with RCCL regarding the package. I booked through a TA and she sent me the flyer with the Replenish package listed as free. We are traveling in 2 rooms (adults in one kids in the other). MY TA called RCL to see if we can have the free package for one of the kids in the adjoining room and they said yes but we would have to do it at the pier. She also confirmed that it was the Replenish package and explained that I would be purchasing it on board with OBC. There will be a note on my reservation explaining this. The rep from RCCL on the phone just now said there is no notation on the reservation and they are NOT allowing the Replenish package. So I am totally confused. I guess I will get to the pier and see what happens. I have the email flyer and an email from my TA explaining all this. Hope others have better luck than me. :confused:

I just got off the phone with RCCL regarding the package. I booked through a TA and she sent me the flyer with the Replenish package listed as free. We are traveling in 2 rooms (adults in one kids in the other). MY TA called RCL to see if we can have the free package for one of the kids in the adjoining room and they said yes but we would have to do it at the pier. She also confirmed that it was the Replenish package and explained that I would be purchasing it on board with OBC. There will be a note on my reservation explaining this. The rep from RCCL on the phone just now said there is no notation on the reservation and they are NOT allowing the Replenish package. So I am totally confused. I guess I will get to the pier and see what happens. I have the email flyer and an email from my TA explaining all this. Hope others have better luck than me. :confused:

First of all,the deal was NEVER meant to be bought on the ship..........had to be done before hand.....

Your letter from your TA probably won't be worth much.......sorry,but unless you have a letter from RCCL,saying you are exempt from the rules,you may be outta luck........

If you want the free soda package(Refresh),if I were you I would buy it now...........then at least,you stand a chance of giving it to one of your kids........

Assuming too,you are cruising before August 31st..

Or maybe I am just reading this all wrong.........

You already bought the Ultimate and want to upgrade the Refresh to the Replenish once on board,using your OBC??

If so,the rules said no upgrading...

Whatta disaster,this has all been..