Litigation a Possibility?

Grumm

Having previously cruised on the Brilliance and now booked for the Legend in 2006, I was wondering if there are any legal minds out there who could help me should I decide to sue RCCL. I believe that they are responsible for me developing, and I'm man enough to admit it, a cruising habit. I'm prepared to stand up in a peer group and declare " My name is Alan and I'm a cruiseaholic". Like the tobacco companies, no one has FORCED me into cruising, but I suffer terrible withdrawal symptoms if I try to stop. I criticise home cooking, views, activities, service etc..etc and it doesn't stop until I get my next fix.

Anyone who can provide the legal knowledge to allow me to succesfully pursue RCCL will be well rewarded when I buy one of the Radiance Class ships with my compensation money.

AL (anon)

Where do I sign up? Several times DH and I decided that we need to try (gulp) other kinds of vacations. We fell of the wagon, or in our case the Lido Deck three times and booked again and again. We could use a new furnace but I'd rather spend the money on another cruise. Our children are forgetting what we look like because we're never home anymore. All we do is send them postcards with us standing in front of a famous landmark. Where will it all stop???? :o :D

Beth

Having previously cruised on the Brilliance and now booked for the Legend in 2006, I was wondering if there are any legal minds out there who could help me should I decide to sue RCCL. I believe that they are responsible for me developing, and I'm man enough to admit it, a cruising habit. I'm prepared to stand up in a peer group and declare " My name is Alan and I'm a cruiseaholic". Like the tobacco companies, no one has FORCED me into cruising, but I suffer terrible withdrawal symptoms if I try to stop. I criticise home cooking, views, activities, service etc..etc and it doesn't stop until I get my next fix.

Anyone who can provide the legal knowledge to allow me to succesfully pursue RCCL will be well rewarded when I buy one of the Radiance Class ships with my compensation money.

AL (anon)

I thought this was going to be another the ranch steak was to tough so im going to sue rccl thread...glad i read on

AL (anon)

You could start a new Affinity or was that Infinity group - Friends of Richard F or Friends of Dan H.

since my first cruise caused me to quit my job and become a travel agent, I think

I stand first in line to sue. My addiction has cost me money, made me have to get

visas for foreign countries, and the money I've spent on film is mind boggling.

On the other hand, cruising has extended my life span, because I have so much to

look forward to...........Mimi

Oh poor Ohestu, your life will never be the same again.:eek:

My coworkers can't get over the fact that I cruise so much. I tell them don't knock it unless you've tried it, it's very addicting.

When we did a land trip last April we kept comparing it to a cruise. Now I'm sure we'll do more land trips but there's nothing like a cruise:D .

Debbie

Sign me up too! I think I'll add the "friends" who recommended RCCL. They had to know that we would become addicted. And we are only 23. Think of all the years of our lives that we have left to fight this addiction.

Is there some kind of patch that MAKES you seasick so you will stop cruising?

I'm sure there is a patch to make you seasick - but if you're truly addicted, you'll be hunting out the bonine patches @ the purser's desk:D (I can't wait to see the first person in this new fashion statement - patch to cause seasickness behind left ear, patch to cure seasickness behind right ear!):p

Oh noooooo. Should I cancel my first cruise. Cruise addiction runs in my family! I am picking my parents up in Bayonne on Thursday from their umpteenth cruise, they are returning us the favor by driving us to the port on Friday for our first. They usually have several cruises lined up. they have a back to back lined up for January. They have been invited to "lunch" on the Golden Princess for next Saturday, and will probably book on her too! It all started for them with a cruise for their 25th anniversary. We are cruising for our 25th. Oh no! I see a pattern :eek:

I'm joining in this class action also. First off, RCCL enticed us with brochures of magnificient ships and exotic island destinations to get us to take our initial cruise. Then upon arriving at the ship we found that we'd been upgraded from an oceanview to a balcony cabin. Ten they waited on us as if we were the most important people in the world. They also gave us information on how to join the Crown & Anchor Society, with promises of perks as we attained a higher and higher status. Now with bigger ships and more exotic itineraries, it seems that there is no end to what RCCL will do to keep us coming back.

Somebody call Perry Mason, fast!!!

I think I deserve a place in this suit... I haven't even sailed yet but I am already addicted to this site and to the idea of cruising. I didn't know it was possible to get addicted without even sampling the goods. We are planning on booking our next cruise while on board our first... man, this is gonna be one expensive habit!

Archived