Question for the Golds about the "Appreciation drink"

Vitamin_Sea

Please-Only If you have recently cruised CCL.

Were there long wait lines to get your after 5PM "Appreciation drink" on the last evening of the cruise?

Did it seem watered down?

thanks

Edited by limoguy1

Just off of the Liberty yesterday. The coupon is redeemable on the last day after 5pm. The instructions state that you can use anywhere on the ship the drinks are available. Just show your coupon and the bar waiter will redeem it for you. Very easy to use!

We got beer with ours at one of the bars on the Lido deck by the pool on the Carnival Dream. We had to sign a receipt where we could leave a tip and pay the tax. I think we were taxed (around 25 cents or so) because the ship was already in Louisiana. There was only one guest at the bar.

:confused: What appreciation drink? We're Gold, and all we got were a couple of bottles of water. We were just recently on the Breeze (May 9 - 17). Carnival discontinued giving coupons for a free drink to Red and Gold members.

:confused: What appreciation drink? We're Gold, and all we got were a couple of bottles of water. We were just recently on the Breeze (May 9 - 17). Carnival discontinued giving coupons for a free drink to Red and Gold members.

We just got off Dream yesterday and we got coupons for 1 free drink each for the last day of the cruise. We used them with no problem. We are gold.

Golds are no longer invited to the past guest party, instead you get a coupon for a free drink on the last night of the cruise. It's different than the old coupon that you could only use in the MDR.

Edited by EpcotBill

Golds get both the water and the coupon!:eek:

:rolleyes:

Yep, the bottle of water replaced the old drink coupon and the new drink coupon replaced the past guest party for us lowly gold members.

Edited by EpcotBill

Mine worked very well at both the Atrium Bar and Comedy Club on the Legend 2 weeks ago. I took the opportunity to order something fancy-schmancy so there was a slight balance. I tipped the staff an additional $1.00 too. Everyone was happy. :)

It was effective May 15 sailings.

The coupon was good for anywhere on the ship up to $9. We used ours at dinner and the drinks were no different. You just sign a normal slip with 0.00 on it. Actually mine was for .29 cents as I got a Carnival cosmo that cost 9.25.

Give the lovely lady from Canada a Kewpie Doll as she has won the prize :)

LOL and thank you:) Our opinions are not much worth here, but at least you know you are not alone;) My kewpie doll collection just grew by one.:)

I also apologize to limoguy for going off topic, but glad you asked, and glad to know that at least there are no problems using those coupons.

Edited by SMSACE6

Just off Pride - 5/31 sailing. DH used his coupon in the comedy club. No additional wait. Did not notice any bars after 5pm the last night 10 deep with people waving their free drink coupons. It was nice to be able to use it anywhere other than just brunch.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We used our drink coupons in May on Freedom. Just went to the bar & ordered them. I did leave a tip, though. Since you can use them anywhere, it's not like there are tons of people lined up somewhere to get them.

It's good for a nonalcoholic drink too, right?

Definitely, my son got a virgin strawberry daiquiri. It did confuse the staff as he didn't have charging privileges.

The only wait was for the bartender to call and figure out how to ring it in. We walked right up to the BlueIguana. Drinks were the same as all week. We got a receipt for 0 and I threw a tip on it.