Email from "Royal" might be scam

I just received a text, phone call from anonymous caller, and an email that looked sketchy. The all were about what times we need to be at the port to get on board the ship, but the anynomus caller and the email are what freaked me out. The email had a link to click stating proof that you received the message. It was not emailed from royal. It was an email from everbridge.net. Anyone else have this problem or know if it is a scam or not?

Any emails I have received from Royal come from Royal or Royal Web Support such as my notification to Print our Set Sail Pass. I have never been asked to click a link to prove I received the message, but then I have not received a Text message so really can't verify that.

Edited by Desert Cruizers

I just received a text, phone call from anonymous caller, and an email that looked sketchy. The all were about what times we need to be at the port to get on board the ship, but the anynomus caller and the email are what freaked me out. The email had a link to click stating proof that you received the message. It was not emailed from royal. It was an email from everbridge.net. Anyone else have this problem or know if it is a scam or not?

ignore of course

No, it's a legit message. RCI has been scheduling boarding times on ships for a while now. It is supposedly in order to prevent large crowds from boarding all at once. Some ports/ships enforce them & some do not.

No, it's a legit message. RCI has been scheduling boarding times on ships for a while now. It is supposedly in order to prevent large crowds from boarding all at once. Some ports/ships enforce them & some do not.

We both get them at the same time on our Cell phone and it comes up showing 111111s as the phone number.

We both get them at the same time on our Cell phone and it comes up showing 111111s as the phone number.

I have received this e-mail in the past, and also received a recorded phone call, but never was there a request for me to click on a link to verify that I had received the message.

We got emails (with a link or button, forget which, to click acknowledging receipt) and phone messages about five days prior to our last cruise. We ignored the phone messages and deleted the emails without acknowledging. It's legit - it's the usual communication stating their preferred time that you arrive at the ship on embarkation day. Ignore it.

this is the email my friends got for this weeks cruise:

From: Royal Caribbean International Express Notification Alerts <conf-1704124498562@everbridge.net>

Date: Thu, Jun 4, 2015 at 4:35 PM

Subject: Independence of the Seas: June 7 Check-In Information

To:

Please click here to acknowledge receipt of this message

This is an important message regarding your upcoming cruise.

Hello, this is Royal Caribbean International. We would like to provide you with important information regarding your sailing on June 7, 2015, onboard Independence of the Seas. To enhance the check-in and boarding experience, we ask that guests arrive after 11:30 AM. Your check-in window is between 11:30 AM and 3:00 PM. We remind you that the ship will sail at 4:00 PM, and all guests must be checked in and onboard the ship at least 60 minutes prior to sail time. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation, and look forward to welcoming you onboard the Independence of the Seas.

I got one 3 days before my Allure sailing in April. From everbridge, link to confirm receipt, etc.

Hello, this is Royal Caribbean International. We would like to provide you with important information regarding your sailing on April 19, 2015, onboard Allure of the Seas. To enhance the check-in and boarding experience, we ask that guests arrive to the terminal based on the following times.

Guests on decks 14, 10, & 3 should arrive for check-in at 1:30 P.M.

Guests on decks 9 & 7 should arrive for check-in at 2:00 P.M.

Guests on deck 12 & 11 should arrive for check-in at 2:30 P.M.

Guests on decks 8, & 6 should arrive for check-in at 2:45 P.M.

We got a bunch of emails, phone calls, and texts last year when they had to change the Freedom's sailing we were going to be on because the prop had problems that needed to be fixed. They wanted us to reply and we didn't. Everything was fine. No need to reply.