Ruby Princess Drinks

sh2738

I heard that there is root beer available for purchase by the can in the bars, is this true? The soda that I see as available leaves a lot to be deserved with only coke available and no dr pepper options. So I am hoping that what I was told about root beer being available is correct.

Also, does anyone have a coffee menu for the international cafe? Do they have any blended coffees?

Thanks.

I heard that there is root beer available for purchase by the can in the bars, is this true? The soda that I see as available leaves a lot to be deserved with only coke available and no dr pepper options. So I am hoping that what I was told about root beer being available is correct.

Also, does anyone have a coffee menu for the international cafe? Do they have any blended coffees?

Thanks.

Not sure about root beer in cans, but you can bring as much canned soda as you like on board.

Here is the espresso bar menu: https://images.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search;_ylt=A0LEVu6bCX5VkDIABRcnnIlQ;_ylu=X3oDMTEzZjZpNzAxBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDRkZVSUMwXzEEc2VjA3Nj?p=International+Cafe+Coffee+Menu&fr=yhs-mozilla-003&hspart=mozilla&hsimp=yhs-003

Ya. No thanks for brining on board. That is just more that we have to take on. Not worth the hassle.

Thanks for the menu though. That is interesting that they don't have any plain mocha drinks. I'm going to miss my mocha latte and mocha blended. Looks like all they have is white chocolate. Not a lot of options. Oh well no coffee I guess. Wish they had what Royal Caribbean has, a Starbucks cafe, that was awesome.

Ya. No thanks for brining on board. That is just more that we have to take on. Not worth the hassle.

Thanks for the menu though. That is interesting that they don't have any plain mocha drinks. I'm going to miss my mocha latte and mocha blended. Looks like all they have is white chocolate. Not a lot of options. Oh well no coffee I guess. Wish they had what Royal Caribbean has, a Starbucks cafe, that was awesome.

If Princess puts a Starbucks on board I will have to search for another cruise lines to go on.:eek:

As for the Root Beer, yes, they have it but you have to ask for it, and not at all the Bars. I have been able to get a Root Beer Float for desert in the dining room, but only after explaining what it is to a wait person that I am friendly with. They bring the tall glass with the vanilla ice cream in it and then the can of Root Beer. They think it is very strange when I pour the Root Beer over the ice cream ever so slowly. Root Beer can be had.;)

I'm not a coffee expert at all but I have always thought milk chocolate and/or dark chocolate was used for mochas. Princess does have milk chocolate drinks. When you go to the coffee bar, ask them if they might be able to make what you want. I think Princess' staff tries to be accommodating.

Sorry, for the negative comments on your thread. I totally understand having certain things you really like on a cruise. There are things I love about Princess that I might be disappointed if another cruise line didn't have. Although, most likely; like you, I wouldn't let it ruin my cruise.

I don't remember ever seeing Root Beer but doesn't mean they don't have it. Is it a Coke product? Princess serves primarily Coke products. I like Dr. Pepper so I typically bring a couple of bottle onboard. I'm not a big soda drinker so that does me just fine. I can understand that if you drink more soda than a couple of cans you might not want to bring it onboard with you.

Enjoy your Princess cruise.

Edited by MichelleinOC

If Princess puts a Starbucks on board I will have to search for another cruise lines to go on.:eek:

As for the Root Beer, yes, they have it but you have to ask for it, and not at all the Bars. I have been able to get a Root Beer Float for desert in the dining room, but only after explaining what it is to a wait person that I am friendly with. They bring the tall glass with the vanilla ice cream in it and then the can of Root Beer. They think it is very strange when I pour the Root Beer over the ice cream ever so slowly. Root Beer can be had.;)

Wow negative about Starbucks. Starbucks is the best and it would make princess good I think. I guess taste levels are very different.

I was under the impressiin that white/milk chocolate mocha meant either white OR chocolate mocha...am I off there? Nope, as I've had numerous decaf mocha from IC and after dinner on Princess, as recently as April this year...they'll also mix whatever you like provided they have the ingredients and you can tell then what it entails. There's a substantial coffee drink menu at the International cafe, no worries.

Root beer was available in cans at Calypso and Blackbeard's bar on Caribbean Princess. Our granddaughters went there for their daily root beer fix. :D It's probably available fleet wide. Just ask your friendly bartender.

Jan

If you want a mocha, just order one. I never even look at the menu, just order like I would at home. I have always gotten what I wanted with no issues.

They did look at my daughter funny when she ordered a mocha when she was 12, and asked her if she wanted a hot chocolate. Nope, a mocha. She's from Seattle. ;)

I have been able to get a Root Beer Float for desert in the dining room, but only after explaining what it is to a wait person .... They think it is very strange when I pour the Root Beer over the ice cream ever so slowly. Root Beer can be had.;)

They don't "get" a root beer float?!?!?!?!?! OK, these folks MUST be communists or sumptin'!! Sorry, there can BE no other explanation*. ;)

*and yes I'm kidding, I realize all the world isn't clued into our root beer floats

• 2 years later...

I am a Coke fanatic so i am thrilled that is the soda of choice on Princess Cruises. But an all you can drink soda deal includes Mocktails and juices, doesn't it? Does anyone know what kind of Mocktail or juices are included?

I am a Coke fanatic so i am thrilled that is the soda of choice on Princess Cruises. But an all you can drink soda deal includes Mocktails and juices, doesn't it? Does anyone know what kind of Mocktail or juices are included?

It also includes milkshakes and malts.

Tom

Wow negative about Starbucks. Starbucks is the best and it would make princess good I think. I guess taste levels are very different.

When I crave a Starbucks coffee I go outside and burn some rubber with my blowtorch and then brew what remains. Believe it or not it tastes as good as Starbucks and I save myself 5 bucks.

They don't "get" a root beer float?!?!?!?!?! OK, these folks MUST be communists or sumptin'!! Sorry, there can BE no other explanation*. ;)

*and yes I'm kidding, I realize all the world isn't clued into our root beer floats

We recently had some visitors from Australia. They never heard of rootbeer. At in and out they tried it at my urging. They remarked that it tasted like bloody mouthwash. Dumped it out and went for the Coke.

My cousin visited from Slovakia. He tried rootbeer for the first time. He liked it so much he took home a six pack to share with his college buddies. To each his own I suppose.

Any kind of mocktail you desire. They do have a menu but that isn't all that is available. They will happily make ANY virgin drink. You can even order a virgin Screwdriver and they will simply hand you a glass of OJ. I read on here where someone's husband was being a smart a$$ and ordered a Virgin Martini. She said the bartender didn't say a thing and simply handed him a martini glass containing an olive. I got the Soda and More package one time on a short cruise. The Nojito was very good, the Virgin Mary was excellent. I also tried virgin Strawberry Daiquari, virgin Pina Colada, and several other drinks. The actual menu they have is very limited but don't let that intimidate you.

Thanks.

Barq's root beer in cans at all bars.