Totes

mamawsnest

Our cruise leaves next Monday and was wondering if they still give the tote bags for level of cruising or are we down to a bottle of water? I'm trying to get packed and wondered if I need to take one or have that space for something else. Thanks to everyone!

Our cruise leaves next Monday and was wondering if they still give the tote bags for level of cruising or are we down to a bottle of water? I'm trying to get packed and wondered if I need to take one or have that space for something else. Thanks to everyone!

Mama, my wife/I have been cruising with Carnival since 2010 and haven't yet received a tote-bag. Not sure if this is an item that was given based on being either Diamond or Platinum; but we are neither. But if you aren't either, then plan on bringing your own if you need one.

If you're referring to the gifts given to Platinum and Diamond cruisers, those are changed periodically. I'm not sure what the current gift is, but the totes haven't been given out in quite some time (maybe a year or so ago?). If you're in need of a tote bag, you could either purchase one at a store near you, or purchase one on the ship.

Thanks everyone! We have cruised Carnival 3 times before (just not last year) and received great tote bags. No I am not Platinum or Diamond . I guess that is just another cutback but at least I have the other ones to take and I am going on a cruise! Woo hoo!

Thanks everyone! We have cruised Carnival 3 times before (just not last year) and received great tote bags. No I am not Platinum or Diamond . I guess that is just another cutback but at least I have the other ones to take and I am going on a cruise! Woo hoo!

Hmm. We're still at Gold level, and have been on 7 cruises with Carnival. We've never gotten any tote bags from them. I guess you were just lucky. Did you book your past cruises through a TA? Maybe she/he bought them from the Bon Voyage Dept. and had them delivered to your cabin as a surprise gift.

We received a tote bag on the Freedom 2 years ago, and we were not even gold yet. Everyone on board received one, as we saw many at the beaches. They're just the material ones, and are not waterproof, so they absorb the wet stuff. We always bring our own waterproof totes!

I have been cruising on Carnival since the 90's and have never been given a tote bag except as a Platinum gift. Other cruise lines such as Holland America always give free tote bags but not Carnival.

We received a tote and a few other things a few years back. We were on what was referred to as a past guest cruise. I don't think they have them as such anymore. Not only did we receive some goodies, but got a great price on the cruise as well.