Suite Question

I have kids your age. They will most likely not be allowed in CL with you as they are not minors anymore.

I would still get them the inside cabin. With the money you save, get them each a drink package. They will not miss you at cocktail hour. You can see them at dinner.

They will be sleeping at breakfast so you won't have to worry about that either.

They will probably even miss the WJ breakfast hours #20somethings

Makes sense. I like the idea of the inside cabin. Tried to find an adjoining balcony but with them both over 21 and probably drinking the balcony seems like an unnecessary risk. Couldn't find one anyway.

I'll give you this hint in spite of your school allegiance... call RCI about the RFS. It doesn't come online to inventory unless it hasn't sold.

Roll Tide. ;)

Thanks for the hint.

Why do Bama fans suddenly hate Ohio State? Just because Urban and the boys took it to ol' Nicky last New Years? There's always next year (only a few months away). Should be a fun season.

Go Bucks!!!

Class of '91 here. Daughter just finished her third year. We are a Buckeye family.

Wife wants to do the Buckeye cruise for cancer but I am not keen on the timing or the boat.

It was such a joy last year though. ;)

We are going to take two of our young adult children on one of them and are opting for the one that we have a JS booked for the very reason of the suite perks. When we have them, we want to enjoy them.

But you don't get suite perks with a JS? Or am I not understanding?

I agree with marci22

I have young adult children about these same ages as well, and have cruised with them within the past year.

I brought my 23 year old daughter into our upper tier suite, and wish I had put her into an inside.

For the most part, young adults do not maintain the same hours/scheduled that we do. When away at college or in their own apartment or cabin, I don't worry, but when they're in my house/room, I can't relax until they're in bed.

Much as they love you, they would really rather hang out with people their own age (remember- you raised them to be able to function independently).

Finally - and this is the most important piece: This is your special anniversary. When your kids are married or on their own, it's going to just be the two of you. Celebrate!

Looks like it is in the aft. Sounds like something different. Doesn't show it as an option so I will have to consider other sailings.

Don't give up on the RFS. A lot of times you have to get this through a TA or a call to Royal's cruise planners. If you already cruise with Royal regularly, try calling through on the C&A line. That seems to yield better results according to many.

The RFS may be one that never shows up available online.

What I was trying to say earlier is we are taking our boys on the sailing that we are in a JS because we won't have the suite perks on that sailing. When we have the GS, I want us to be able to enjoy the CL, etc without feeling bad that we are missing time with your boys or feeling bad that they aren't getting to enjoy it too.

What I was trying to say earlier is we are taking our boys on the sailing that we are in a JS because we won't have the suite perks on that sailing. When we have the GS, I want us to be able to enjoy the CL, etc without feeling bad that we are missing time with your boys or feeling bad that they aren't getting to enjoy it too.

From a purely cabin perspective for 2 adults is the GS worth hundreds of dollars more over a JS?

We (wife and I) talked about what we think we enjoy about a suite and the balcony and bathroom are the two items we both mentioned.

I know she would feel special with all of the suite perks but I also know she loves to shop and an extra few hundreds of dollars to spend on a nice purse or watch might make her even happier.

From a purely cabin perspective for 2 adults is the GS worth hundreds of dollars more over a JS?

We (wife and I) talked about what we think we enjoy about a suite and the balcony and bathroom are the two items we both mentioned.

I know she would feel special with all of the suite perks but I also know she loves to shop and an extra few hundreds of dollars to spend on a nice purse or watch might make her even happier.

That is completely a personal decision. I was just referring back to someone asking about my comment regarding the JS and wanting to clarify that the JS does not get the suite perks (other than priority boarding and double points).

Our daughters (ages 25 & 28) have always been permitted into the CL and to breakfast in Chops restaurant. Also upon check in you just queue up to the suite line. Never ever have we been questioned or challenged. If you had friends going into the CL, I could see the want to go there, but the other bars or venues on the ship are nicer. Yes the drinks for you as a grand suite passenger are free, but you're on vacation so splurge and go to the champagne lounge and get a drink! Hope you have a good time win you're family!

Our daughters (ages 25 & 28) have always been permitted into the CL and to breakfast in Chops restaurant. Also upon check in you just queue up to the suite line. Never ever have we been questioned or challenged. If you had friends going into the CL, I could see the want to go there, but the other bars or venues on the ship are nicer. Yes the drinks for you as a grand suite passenger are free, but you're on vacation so splurge and go to the champagne lounge and get a drink! Hope you have a good time win you're family!

If your daughters are not staying in a suite, or are not D+' at their age they are not allowed in the CL with you.

Not sure what ships or when this happened but it has been my experience that they would be denied access; unless you just used your card to admit everyone (against the rules).

Had no problems boarding together, it's the lounge and priority seating at shows I am referring to.

Just off the Independence and everyone was required to show a card, especially for the first couple of nights.d

Edited by PMcC1998

In my opinion you were lucky, unless you used your card and let them in the CL, which is not allowed.

Your daughters, unless D+ or staying in a suite, are not allowed in the CL. Just off the Independence and each guest's card was checked upon entering the CL and DL, especially on the first couple of nights. It has been this way on every ship I have sailed on recently, primarily Oasis, Navigator, and Allure and two weeks ago on the Independence.

Had no problems with boarding as a family, but for lounges and priority seating at shows cards were checked.

It is unfortunate that people do this with adult children and friends - that's what causes the crowding in the lounges. Access is either paid for by staying in a suite or earned by C&A status.

In my opinion you were lucky, unless you used your card and let them in the CL, which is not allowed.

I agree. In May on Liberty, they were very careful about screening guests by asking guests their names and then checking them off a printed list. They also requested to see my sons' IDs.

I did hear the DL concierge tell someone that they could not be in the DL as they were not D. The daughter said, 'can't you make an exception?' and he basically said, 'sorry, but no'. That person did not return to the DL.

My one D son was not allowed in CL during cocktail hour because he was D. (other 4 of us are D+)

I am aware that concierges may occasionally allow people into the lounge as a courtesy but that should be kept private and not posted on a message board as something that happens as a rule.

Edited by marci22

We sailed on INDY a few years ago in a OS and for the first few days our Gold cards and names were checked on a list in Chops for breakfast and lunch. Also in the CL the same happened when we first went in.

The reserved seating in the theatre, our cards was checked. But never in the pool area.