A Look At The Former Royal Caribbean Monarch of the Seas

Thanks Ryano!

Frankly I've had bigger hiccups on RCI and Celebrity on the first cruises out of the US after a TA; and, one B2B where I became "the man without a country" between cruises at the Port of Tampa.

I suspected when the initial post was put up that they might have Immigration and Customs problems space wise in Cozumel but not personnel problems. They are after all Spanish speaking entities involved (cruise line and Mexico).

As an aside, CC needs to update its Pullmantur section as it is sorely out of date! It lists only Zenith and Horizon ships. They now have Empress, Sovereign and Monarch. Majesty will be joining them next year.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pullmantur_Cruises

Edited by Scotty G
clarify

I thought I read somewhere that the new company had to remove the Viking Crown Lounge from the ship, since it was some kind of trade mark...guess not....

Well in this case, the new company is the old company as well

My first cruise was on her in 2011. I did get to see her one other time in 2012 in Port Canaveral when I was on the Enchantment. Good memories and started my addiction, but I don't think I would go that small again.

Thanks for sharing, I had several great cruises on her plus her final with RCI. It's good to see that she's still being taken care of.

The ship appeared to be well taken care of. The coat of paint was near perfect considered the ship is constantly at sea. From what I could see, the decking was also pretty nice.

..For those of you that have sailed on this ship when it was the Monarch of the Seas, I hope you enjoy this. I think it is always fun to see what becomes of past cruise ships. Have a great evening!

Thanks I remb. it well!

We are from Boston and my husband happened to see a news snippet of how she would be in port for the day and that the general public could tour her. This was back in 1992. I don't think the cruise ships do that anymore as I have never seen it since. We spent the day strolling around on board and I COULD NOT WAIT to take a cruise on her! I was hooked and yes she seemed ginourmous at the time! We got busy in the years in between and for some reason never thought of cruising again even though we had so much fun on that trip. So much to do that we didn't want to sleep and miss any of it. We were thoroughly exhausted when we got home. Now I am working towards going on Harmony and have that same feeling of excitement again. Can't wait! I cannot even imagine how large these Oasis class ships are. Thank you for posting this!

Edited by ramanda