how do you feel about sea days?

Another vote for a combination port and sea days - 2 in a row is ok, but start to go a bit stir crazy if it's 3 in a row! Like a couple spread over the course of the cruise

Really enjoy sea days on our Alaskan cruises - lots to see water wise.

Not a fan, though I deal with them.

We can read a book, play cards and games at home. To me, they are no different than driving days on a roadtrip- a necessary evil to get to the next place (except in most cases- they aren't "necessary" because the ship COULD have gotten there overnight.)

I do typically like one sea day at the end of the cruise to wind down though.

I know I'm atypical though- I don't drink, gamble, or tan.

On a recent 8 day Sunshine cruz, we missed 1st stop Aruba (high winds) and stopped at Bonaire and GT. From setting sail to 1st land was almost 4 straight sea days and 2 more on the way back.

That was too much.

Usually 2 sea days, split up works great for me, plus I ran out of my smuggled Rhumshakessmiley.gif

Are we strange in that our family loves sea days? I see it as a time for us all to get together and we play cards or games. My husband love to sit and watch the water go by. I find it more relaxing that running around on excursions.

love them:)

Love sea days, especially when they break up port days. Our next cruise is 2 sea days, 4 port days, sea day. I think we will be port weary by the 4th one. I was considering taking a cruise to nowhere because we love sea days so much, but that won't be happening now.

Sea days are not my favorite. A couple here and there 1 at a time are good though. Nice to be at sea once in a while.

Port days for me are nice, in that the time I do spend on the ship, is way less crowded with most of the folks doing the excursions etc. Easier to get a spot by the pool and not a lot of people everywhere.

I love them, mainly for that feeling of just being at sea and looking out on all that ocean while sitting back with drinks,food and some fun with friends.

I do equally love port days as thats why I cruise and I like a mix of 2/3 ports on a cruise a 1/3 sea days.

I really like the first day of the cruise to be at sea so you can relax and settle in and wander the ship. Our next cruise is straight into a port so we'll see how it goes!

I really like having a sea day the first day. You can explore the ship and get everthing unpacked. I also like having a sea day at the end. It gives me a chance to relax before going home. 2 sea days together is a little boring for me though.

Hate them!

Only done one cruise, and it only had one sea day, but the two port days were short, so it felt like more. We had an inside cabin and everywhere was so noisy and busy (it was a Victory 4-day over a weekend in February so I'm sure you can imagine!) I felt a bit claustrophobic.

The upper decks got closed because it was windy, so no Serenity deck, no running track, no water slide and no mini-golf so EVERYONE was crammed on the lido deck.

I know this was probably a rare occurrence but it really clouded my view of cruising, so though we've got two more booked they're Alaska where at least the sea days have the possibility of wildlife and you can generally see land, and the other is the Liberty's Southern Caribbean itinerary with just one sea day.

This is coming from someone who spent 7 hours at a cricket match today - I suspect not everyone's cup of tea!

My favorite would be sea day, port day, sea day, port day, sea day, etc. I like to be busy in port then slow down and do other things on the ship on sea days. On a Carnival cruise two years ago we had two sea days then we were supposed to dock in our first port and it was cancelled. They weren't ready for it and they threw some things together. That day wasn't so enjoyable since they didn't seem to have a cancelled port day "Plan". I do like to do lots of the planned activities on sea days so I am really not being lazy. But all in all, I do love sea days!

I guess I'm in the minority here as I love port days, and the more the better. We just love getting to visit and see new places or do different things if a port is a repeat for a whole different experience. When we choose a cruise, it's mainly by itinerary and we prefer port heavy. Sea Days are nice and I do enjoy them. We are well aware that weather can have an impact causing ports to be missed and sea days added and it's happened, but we are aware of that going into it.

Are we strange in that our family loves sea days? I see it as a time for us all to get together and we play cards or games. My husband love to sit and watch the water go by. I find it more relaxing that running around on excursions.

Hate them. Love port days, hardly anyone on ship so we have full roam of the pools and slides :)

Not a fan, though I deal with them.

We can read a book, play cards and games at home. To me, they are no different than driving days on a roadtrip- a necessary evil to get to the next place (except in most cases- they aren't "necessary" because the ship COULD have gotten there overnight.)

I do typically like one sea day at the end of the cruise to wind down though.

I know I'm atypical though- I don't drink, gamble, or tan.

Neither do I but love to laze away the day watching and hearing the ocean noses, maybe some lectures trivia, certainly a nanna nap.