how do you feel about sea days?

My perfect cruise is a sea day on day one, (to get to know the ship and get into vacation mode) four port days, and a sea day at the end. The main problem with sea days, however, is that there are just too many people on the ship. What we like to do is pick a port which we do not care a lot for (Freeport, Nassau, Grand Cayman) and make that a sea day with the ship to ourselves. No lines, pool secluded, no lines at the slides - it is great!

Are we strange in that our family loves sea days? I see it as a time for us all to get together and we play cards or games. My husband love to sit and watch the water go by. I find it more relaxing that running around on excursions.

I don't think you're strange at all, especially in this crowd. Many, if not most, people here love cruises and cruising, and a major part of (most) cruises is sea days.

I think sea days are all right, but I'd rather spend part of my day in port. When in port, I can always get off the ship if I want, but at sea there's no option but to enjoy the ship's food, entertainment, and facilities.

I'm a sea day girl! I love to relax and just stare at the sea or read on my balcony. We stay on the ship in many ports. Our next scheduled cruise is a 15 day Hawaii which we have done before. We love it, 5 days at sea, 5 days in port, 4 days at sea, One day with just a few hours in Ensenada and home.

I usually cruise for the itinerary, and love going on excursions that take me away from the immediate port area so I can get involved with local culture, language and food.

I have a 21 day B2B booked for this winter that will take me ports that I haven't visited yet, like Martinique, Curacao and Bonaire.

But for a milestone birthday I have in November, we booked for the 1st time an extended aft balcony on the Magic, which will have 3 sea days........ahhhh sounds so relaxing......

Sea days is what I live for. It's odd that you can seem to be a thousand miles away from everything and yet be on a ship with thousands of people on it. I think its the solitude of the ocean, and knowing I'm not scheduled to do anything, buy anything, or talk to anyone. That doesn't mean I won't. It's just that sea days are the ultimate "free day."

Very first cruise had no sea days. That was perfect for us. Against my instincts just did the Dream in March which had 3 sea days. It was just too much for me. Thank goodness husband wasn't with me as he would have gone nuts. I enjoyed the ship but was kinda bitter being at sea when I knew if I had done the NCL trip on the same date we would have stopped at costa maya for a fourth port.

Now looking for a cruise for next year. Want a no sea day or 1 sea day trip if I can find it. They are slim pickings. Usually a southern Caribbean. It seems the bigger and newer the ship the more sea days.

May try a wind star trip.

I'm on a 2016 Mediterranean cruise on the Vista. It's 10 days with 1 sea day. Sounds like it would be right up your alley. I'd love another sea day or 2 mixed in, though.

My DH and I cruised to Hawaii 2 years ago, 15 days.....5 sea days over.....5 ports......5 sea days back....ABSOLUTELY LOVE OUR SEA DAYS.. And if we're in a port we've been to several times, we have the ship to our selfs. Leaving in August on the sunshine for 8 days, 3 ports!!! Can't wait...

I love sea days. This year a friend chose our cruise and it was 4 ports in 7 days. I was exhausted by the end. For next year I chose 3 ports in 8 days!

I do wish Carnival would stagger their days. Nearly all of the itineraries are some variation of sea day, back to back ports, sea day.