Cozumel resort beach day pass

UncleWill

Tried Mr. Sanchos and preferred Nachi HANDS DOWN to Mr. Sanchos.:)

We used to go to Nachi but found the food and service to be lacking and the place was definitely oversold. We switched to Mr. Sanchos and have been very happy there. We go several times a year and have a waiter that we get every time.

If you want to go to a hotel you can get day passes for El Cozumeleno, Melia, El Cid La Ceiba, Hotel Cozumel, Cozumel Palace, the Occidental Grand and the Allegro Resort.

We used to go to Nachi but found the food and service to be lacking and the place was definitely oversold. We switched to Mr. Sanchos and have been very happy there. We go several times a year and have a waiter that we get every time.

If you want to go to a hotel you can get day passes for El Cozumeleno, Melia, El Cid La Ceiba, Hotel Cozumel, Cozumel Palace, the Occidental Grand and the Allegro Resort.

Thank you.. greatly appreciate the info. Will check out the hotels as well. I think it will depend on just how far they are from the port.

Thank you.. greatly appreciate the info. Will check out the hotels as well. I think it will depend on just how far they are from the port.

Since you will be at International Pier, El Cid and Park Royal will be right next door-less than 5 minute walk, no transport needed. However, if you truly want "beach" you would be better off with a taxi to one of the southern hotel resorts, Occidental, Allegro, Secrets or beach clubs Paradise, Nachi, or Mr Sanchos.

I second Mr. Sanchos. We preferred it over nachi Cocom - but everyone's preferences are different. There was nothing really wrong with nachi we just liked Mr. Sanchos more.

I much preferred the food at Mr. Sanchos - you could order anything on the menu all day long, truly unlimited. Whereas at nachi you were limited. I also thought the food quality at Mr. Sanchos was better - subjective, I know.

I also liked the lounge chairs at Mr. Sanchos better - fabric instead of hard plastic (I hate those hard plastic chairs).

Service was great at both and it's the same beach.

Completely agree! The food is way better at Mr Sanchos'. Either is fine.... Just like Mr Sanchos better.... Like I said... We loved the Stand Up Paddleboarding they offer.....

They are all about 15 minutes away.... Give or take a few minutes... None are very far at all. There will be cabs in a line outside the terminal. They will put you in the next one & you just tell them where you want to go. Never have paid more than $15 one way anywhere we have been on the island. The cabbies will be at all the major beaches to take you back to your ship.... No worries.

Edited by SRV FAN

Completely agree! The food is way better at Mr Sanchos'. Either is fine.... Just like Mr Sanchos better.... Like I said... We loved the Stand Up Paddleboarding they offer.....

I didn't notice the SUP when we were there last October - is this new or did I miss it? Can you just rent them with no lessons? We will be taking lessons while in Aruba in November so would just want to rent them in Cozumel in February.

I went to Mr. Sanchos website but there's no mention of the SUP so maybe it's an outside vendor offering it.

I didn't notice the SUP when we were there last October - is this new or did I miss it? Can you just rent them with no lessons? We will be taking lessons while in Aruba in November so would just want to rent them in Cozumel in February.

I went to Mr. Sanchos website but there's no mention of the SUP so maybe it's an outside vendor offering it.

That's when we were there.... last Oct. it's $35 an hour. They give you a short "class" on shore, then go out with you for a little while to make sure you've got it. They take pictures while out with you & post them on facebook. Then you have free time. We were

brand new to it... So glad they stayed.

Supcozumel dot com

Edited by SRV FAN

That's when we were there.... last Oct. it's $35 an hour. They give you a short "class" on shore, then go out with you for a little while to make sure you've got it. They take pictures while out with you & post them on facebook. Then you have free time. We were

brand new to it... So glad they stayed.

Supcozumel dot com

Thanks for the info! Looking forward to this in february.

We were on Navigator in March. We did want to try Nachi Cochi resort but it was already booked by the time we decided to go. So we found another one Secrets Aura in Cozumel. It is a little higher in price than the normal but the food was out of this world - we had a really nice lunch outside on the beach. All the drinks we wanted - beach was great - it's an adult only resort and is all inclusive - some shops but not many - nice pool with swim up bar. We really enjoyed it but it was $100 pp. There were probably 4 restaurants to choose from on the property. :D

This resort looks beautiful. How is the beach?

We love Nachi Cocom.You can't beat their AI price:) and their beautiful beach., we actually have it booked but might give this a try.

Also about how long of a ride is it and cost for a taxi?

Thanx so much for your help

Liz:)

Been to Nachi.... Then went to Mr Sanchos.... Prefer Mr Sanchos HANDS DOWN to Nachi.... Google Mr. Sanchos. Fabulous Coconut Shrimp! All Inclusive side & pay as you go side. Paddle Boarding is our fav thing to do there. But there are TONS of options!

What is the best way to get to Sanchos and which is the best company to book with??? For example, I went to the website and saw AI price of $55 and then package pricing for other activities... Do these packages include the AI or am I paying $55 for AI and then another $$ for activities?

Also, what is included in AI?

$55 AI includes food and drinks - water toys are an extra $15 each, and anything else will also cost extra. There are a couple of web sites that will pop up and allow you to book in advance and save $5 off of the AI fare.

What is the best way to get to Sanchos and which is the best company to book with??? For example, I went to the website and saw AI price of $55 and then package pricing for other activities... Do these packages include the AI or am I paying $55 for AI and then another $$ for activities?

Also, what is included in AI?

Taxi from the port. $15 one way. Book directly with Mr Sanchos, online. Make your deposit online & pay the rest when you arrive. Your deposit is refundable if you don't go. AI includes all food, all drinks, all day & the use of chairs, tables, umbrellas, kayaks, beach & pool. They have lockers, showers, restrooms. If you buy the packages, the AI price is part of that.

They have water toys ($12pp), SUP $35 pp per hour, beachside massages, fish perdicures, snorkling, water sports...... All have fees. They are super nice there & it's very clean & there is plenty of room for everyone.

• 2 months later...
We were on Navigator in March. We did want to try Nachi Cochi resort but it was already booked by the time we decided to go. So we found another one Secrets Aura in Cozumel. It is a little higher in price than the normal but the food was out of this world - we had a really nice lunch outside on the beach. All the drinks we wanted - beach was great - it's an adult only resort and is all inclusive - some shops but not many - nice pool with swim up bar. We really enjoyed it but it was $100 pp. There were probably 4 restaurants to choose from on the property. :D

I'm interested in booking Aura for a day pass - how did you reserve this? They are not listed on the resort for a day website.

We spent the day at Park Royal hotel. About a five minute walk from pier. No beach, but two pools , buffet lunch, outside grill by one pool for burgers and such. Swim up bar. Beautiful view of ship. All drinks. $40.00 per person. No cab needed.

Edited by mrpayroll

• 4 weeks later...

This thread has been very helpful. The problem I'm having is that we'll be in Cozumel from 1:30 p.m. to 10 p.m. and most of the beaches close at 5 p.m.

Out of the main three (Paradise, Nachi Cocum & Mr Sanchos), only Nachi Cocum stays open until 6:30 p.m. for cruise ship passengers, so I guess that's our best bet. Thank goodness we have late dinner seating!

This thread has been very helpful. The problem I'm having is that we'll be in Cozumel from 1:30 p.m. to 10 p.m. and most of the beaches close at 5 p.m.

Out of the main three (Paradise, Nachi Cocum & Mr Sanchos), only Nachi Cocum stays open until 6:30 p.m. for cruise ship passengers, so I guess that's our best bet. Thank goodness we have late dinner seating!

Some of the hotel resorts offer evening/twilight passes if you write and ask. Also I believe Ocean VIP is open late? Beach bars like Albertos or Money Bar are open late.

Depending on which pure you are at, time of year and local/ship time, you could have a few hours at beach club then dinner/drinks at a bar in town or between piers. We like sunset meal at Blue Angel or Ronaldo's.

• 8 months later...
We spent the day at Park Royal hotel. About a five minute walk from pier. No beach, but two pools , buffet lunch, outside grill by one pool for burgers and such. Swim up bar. Beautiful view of ship. All drinks. $40.00 per person. No cab needed.

How did you book Park Royal? I didn't see a link on their website for an AI day for cruise ship passengers. Thank you!

How did you book Park Royal? I didn't see a link on their website for an AI day for cruise ship passengers. Thank you!

No pre-booking for Park Royal, just pay in the lobby on the day. You can contact the hotel for present prices I think there were reports of them going up slightly this year. There is a booth on the Oceanside, with lower priced passes, but I think they involve a timeshare meeting.

There is a small kiddie pool, and free-form pool on the hotel side of the road and then I "thought" two pools and small beach across the road, accessed via a tunnel under road.

We had an excellent hassle free day!

Hi we are thinking of booking either Nachi, Sanchos or Paradise but can't decide. Mr Sanchos gets such great reviews but most of the pictures I've seen show it looking very crowded there so we are leaning more towards Paradise. Is there much between the 3?

Hi we are thinking of booking either Nachi, Sanchos or Paradise but can't decide. Mr Sanchos gets such great reviews but most of the pictures I've seen show it looking very crowded there so we are leaning more towards Paradise. Is there much between the 3?

All three have their own detailed websites outlining the differences and facilities available.

Nachi, AI only- limits number of passes supposedly to 100, quieter. Pre-booking advised.

Mr Sanchos, AI or PAYG but all members of group have to choose one option or the other, several pools. (AI side limit reported to be 300)

Paradise Beach, PAYG ($10pp minimum) plus $3 chair fee, great pool and clean facilities. Do not need to pre-book so you can decide on the day.

Numerous reviews on this board comparing all three.