Camp Carnival

lalaredd111

Is camp carnival open during port days? What Iam asking is, can I get off the boat and leave my children at camp carnival while we explore the ports?

Just wondering, while in another country, why would you leave you kids separated from you? Wouldn't it be fun if you have an accident, and you kids are stranded in another country? ummmm

And I'm not sure who would leave their child on a ship while in another country.

Apparently enough people for Carnival to offer the service. I didn't cruise with my child when he was that young, but at certain ports where there is really nothing more to do than shopping, I think it would be safer and more fun for the child to be on the ship.

That's the same thing I was thinking. If I'm going to the beach, I would take them. I have a 2 year old and 10 year old.

I have a six year old who begged to stay in camp carnival when my wife wanted to get off the ship to go shopping. I begged to stay on also. My wife asked who was going to carry all the bags back. :eek: So off the ship we went and our little guy had a blast at camp.

We leave our 3 year old in camp and we go on an excursion on almost every cruise. You are pretty limited what you can go with a 3 year old and we want to have fun too. He always has a blast, so I have never been concerned.

Is camp carnival open during port days? What Iam asking is, can I get off the boat and leave my children at camp carnival while we explore the ports?

Yes you can -- if you are doing a Carnival excursion, bring your tour tickets to camp so that they can record which tour you are on -- in case they need to contact you. Otherwise, you can give them your cell number, or your itinerary. Not sure why some people are up in arms about this topic, as it is a very common occurrence on cruises, so much so that the brand ambassador has mentioned it a few times.

If the child is ok with staying at Camp, I see nothing wrong with the parent making the decision to leave them there. If you as a parent don't feel you are allowed to do things without your child, then great, take them with you. As long as the child is happy, cared for, and not out of control, parent the way you feel is best for your family.

We take some cruises without our children even :eek:. lol.

Have a great cruise! :D

Being able to leave our daughter in camp is one of the top 3 reasons we cruise. I will say that we only leave her if we are going on excursions through Carnival and make sure the camp has the info from our tickets. We take her if we are walking around on our own but that is MY comfort level and yours may be different.

She is 4yo and snorkeling or sailing, our preferred excursions, aren't worth it for her and would be less enjoyable for us to keep her occupied and happy during them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have 8 yr old twins that have been on 9 of the 12 cruises we've been on. Their first cruise was at age 2, and they love camp carnival. When they were toddlers, we'd only leave them for a couple hours at a time. We always ask our kids if they want to go with mom and dad, or go to camp carnival...95% of the time they say CC. In fact, we eventually have to almost force them to come with us to spend family time. There are some ports and some excursions that I feel it's best/safest to keep them on the ship (camp carnival), when we get off.

If the child is ok with staying at Camp, I see nothing wrong with the parent making the decision to leave them there. If you as a parent don't feel you are allowed to do things without your child, then great, take them with you. As long as the child is happy, cared for, and not out of control, parent the way you feel is best for your family.

We take some cruises without our children even :eek:. lol.

Have a great cruise! :D

Well said!

Just wondering, while in another country, why would you leave you kids separated from you? Wouldn't it be fun if you have an accident, and you kids are stranded in another country? ummmm

My kids begged me to stay in Camp and we saw no reason to force them to go with us. I'm sorry that you are all superior and know how everyone family works.

I love it, a person asks a legit question and he gets people questioning his parenting choices...

Feel free to utilize the Camp on port days if you are comfortable with it. Would I go on an all day excursion and leave them on the ship no, but am I going to judge you if you decide you are comfortable doing so, absolutely not!

The Camp is professionally run and its probably safer than making your toddler walk around shopping in the heat/sun for hours.

To the original poster, please forgive the parenting police as they sometimes can't resist...

I love it, a person asks a legit question and he gets people questioning his parenting choices...

Feel free to utilize the Camp on port days if you are comfortable with it. Would I go on an all day excursion and leave them on the ship no, but am I going to judge you if you decide you are comfortable doing so, absolutely not!

The Camp is professionally run and its probably safer than making your toddler walk around shopping in the heat/sun for hours.

To the original poster, please forgive the parenting police as they sometimes can't resist...

I agree Mike. I don't know why strangers think they should tell others how to parent over the internet. That poster was was extremely snarky. Not that it is any of business but there are good reasons to do either option, whatever fits a families lifestyle.

I Am not sure who would like to take a 2 year old on a shopping trip in another country?

Can I just ask then, what's the point of taking them on the cruise to begin with then? Wouldn't he or she be much happier at home with grandparents or other relatives?

I know that some of the comments may seem harsh, but I feel that they are warranted. Unexpected things happen. You could miss the boat for one reason or another, and then what will become of your poor child? Can you imagine how he or she will feel being on a boat alone with strangers until you can manage to meet back up with the boat?

Edited by bakersdozen12

Can I just ask then, what's the point of taking them on the cruise to begin with then? Wouldn't he or she be much happier at home with grandparents or other relatives?

I know that some of the comments may seem harsh, but I feel that they are warranted. Unexpected things happen. You could miss the boat for one reason or another, and then what will become of your poor child? Can you imagine how he or she will feel being on a boat alone with strangers until you can manage to meet back up with the boat?

Why take your children period no matter their age? What if you get killed on one of the islands? What will happen to your children? Who will take care of them?

Some parents will not go to the bathroom without their children, but we are not all like that.

I managed to raise 4 productive members of society without holding their hand every minute. I would have had no problem leaving them on the ship without me.

Frankly, if something was serious enough to keep me from making the ship, it would probably be a good thing my kids were on the ship.

Not sure why some people are up in arms about this topic, as it is a very common occurrence on cruises, so much so that the brand ambassador has mentioned it a few times.

Just because something is common, doesn't mean all parents will be comfortable with it.

I live in Brooklyn, NYC. It's very common for elementary school kids to ride the subways and city buses to and from school without an adult. I'm sure there are parents here that would not dream of allowing their 5th grader to use public transportation without an adult.

So I'm assuming if you leave your child at CC during the port days, they will take them to lunch. I don't understand why they can't do this on sea days. :confused:

We took our kids (then ages 7, 8, and 10) on their first cruise last year. CC didn't open until 10:00am on sea days. Then we had to go back and pick them up and then take them to eat lunch. Then take them back to CC. CC then closed at 3:30pm to get ready for dinner. It was a big hassle to have to plan around having to take them to lunch.

10:00am open time

pick them up for lunch

take them back after lunch

pick them up at 3:30pm

I thought one of the reasons for CC was so that the parents could relax and enjoy some kid-free time. Seriously, it was so much back and forth and constantly checking the time, that we didn't find it worth it on the last sea day.

Anyway.... sorry. Off topic a bit! LOL I just wish CC would provide lunch for the kids on sea days. :D