Just off the Oasis 7/11-7/18

We just got off the Oasis.....All I have to say that it was an amazing cruise! I've never done a review but I wanted to give a shout out...

We had a very hard time with their customer service leading up to the cruise so I was a bit turned off walking onto the ship

Embarking was crazy but very easy! We were waiting on 5 other family members so once on the ship we sat by the Pizza place and took it all in! The ship was very impressive and very lively.

We had two balcony cabins on 14 and they were perfect for us. Not big like we are use to but enough room for myself and my son (6). Storage is very limited so I'm not sure how 4 people share a cabin...Our room steward Davison was from St. Vincent and about to go on leave but he never showed that this was he last week. He was on top of everything and so pleasant!

Dinner we were at Silk and we had Noel for bar service, our assistant waiter was Chao who was brand new and the sweetest. Our waiter was Kumar, there is not enough to say about him!!!! He made dinner so enjoyable and fun! He was always on top of things. He knew all 3 kids before we even introduced them...knew their orders and knew how to make them laugh. He is from a small town in India that my husband travels to for work and he was shocked we knew about it! We are traveling there in Oct and he is on leave and he's going to spend a day with us. The food for the most part was very good!

Shows were great. Little disappointed there was a broken pipe in Aqua and 1/2 way through the show oil was spilling out so they had to cancel. Not their fault at all and the divers weren't hurt :-) Joel Mason was one of the acts and I can def say I enjoyed it a ton! Come Fly Away was great also! Frozen in Time was good too....My daughter enjoyed it much more than I did!

Ricky Matthews is the cruise director and all I have to say is WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is incredible! We've been on a bunch of cruises and I can def say he is the one cruise director I will remember the most!

Id def go on the Oasis again....If you have any questions please feel free to ask...I don't want to bore anyone with a really long review!:D

Glad you had a great time! We are sailing Oasis in a month! Do you happen to know if the Starbucks onboard took gift cards or if you could pay with the Starbucks app? I've read mixed answers. Thanks!

On The allure in march I definitely used my starbucks gold card. NO PROBLEM AT ALL.

They did not have the scanner for the phone app ( at the time)

but I watched them numerous times just enter the card number from the barcode on the app into their computer and did it that way.

It was great. I just loaded my gold card before I left and I used that.

I am sure it's the same on the oasis

Edited by TheTruthCanHurt

On The allure in march I definitely used my starbucks gold card. NO PROBLEM AT ALL.

They did not have the scanner for the phone app ( at the time)

but I watched them numerous times just enter the card number from the barcode on the app into their computer and did it that way.

It was great. I just loaded my gold card before I left and I used that.

I am sure it's the same on the oasis

Awesome! Thank you! I guess you acure stars with ship purchases then!

Yes Starbucks took your app/gift cards...I didn't turn my phone on to have my card but we bought the Royal Drink Package and it was Seattles Best and it was actually good and strong!

My mom saved all the compasses and I'll send her a email asking....

Yes Starbucks took your app/gift cards...I didn't turn my phone on to have my card but we bought the Royal Drink Package and it was Seattles Best and it was actually good and strong!

My mom saved all the compasses and I'll send her a email asking....

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm so daaannggg excited to read that Ricky Matthews is the cruise director on the Oasis! This was just meant to be.. This will be our 1st time on the Oasis (4/2016), but our 3rd RCCL cruise and lo and behold Ricky was our cruise director each time over the past 4 years.. Grandeur of the Seas and Majesty of the Seas.. We coincidentally vacationed in Miami one year and what do you know, Ricky was also on vacation for the week staying down the hall from us at the same hotel.. Kismet..

Anyway thank you for the detailed review.. So glad you had a great time!