Do people decorate stateroom doors?

KrystaGali

We will be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary on our next cruise. We have no intention of advertising the event. As a matter of fact I don't even plan on mentioning it to any of the staff. The Celebrity rep who I booked with asked if we were celebrating an occasion and I did tell him about our anniversary. I don't know if Celebrity will do anything special but I don't really care either way.

Mike, we have celebrated 4 or 5 Anniversary's on Celebrity and they were dull compared to what Princess did when we were on the Ruby for #30 in 2012. They decorated the door so I added our CC sign. But serving the Ladies bubbly on a white table cloth on our balcony was real nice!

730192110_doorsign.jpg.17689a96294f507f761f77a26856a381.jpg

table.jpg.5b972fc4b98ad5e7afa067e4f0d49729.jpg

balcony.jpg.b939c8b70d66835353196695ae87a70f.jpg

Not sure why you had to be snarky with that "decorator haters" comment. Shows that being able to afford a suite doesn't mean a person has "class".

Besides, how you decorate your INSIDE of the stateroom has no affect on anyone else other than the person who has to remove the tape residue or fill in the holes from the tacks used to secure it in place. :rolleyes:

I didn't get the "snark" in Julia's comment. Seemed like a light-hearted comment.

Aren't the walls metal? We use magnetic clips to secure our dailies and our excursion tickets to the stateroom walls. No tape residue or tacks.

Mike, we have celebrated 4 or 5 Anniversary's on Celebrity and they were dull compared to what Princess did when we were on the Ruby for #30 in 2012. They decorated the door so I added our CC sign. But serving the Ladies bubbly on a white table cloth on our balcony was real nice!

Yes Princess has decorated our door on our 15th anniversary and for my son's H.S.graduation celebration. I don't mind if the cruise line decorates but I'm not about to and DW would even be less likely to decorate or even appreciate the decorations. We are talking about a 21 year old girl who married me 8 months after we met who didn't want a wedding or expensive dress. She wanted to be married on the Love Boat. Unfortunately they didn't perform wedding ceremonies back then. She settled on getting married at a home on the water and a Princess honeymoon.

and for my son's H.S.graduation celebration .

I will have to try and find the album, but in Dec 2000 we were on the Celebrity Horizon for our DD's H.S. Graduation. When our cabin Steward found out, not only was the door done to the nines, so was the inside of the cabin!:eek: I had forgot about that, till you woke up the old mans memory cells! :D

That was when we still had to stuff envelopes the last night, needless to say!;)

EW

Who would have ever thought? A dress code thread for doors!

It's kind of alarming to think there are so many people who can't find their cabins. I guess Celebrity better decorate the lifeboats.;)

You two are tied for my "post of the day award"! :)

I don't normally decorate my door. Princess decorated the door for our 40th Anniversary and I made door magnet for our Celebrity 45th Anniversary. It is amusing to me to see the different personalities of my fellow cruisers. It doesn't bother me. I can say that I had two cruises, where my cabin was easy to find.

It's kind of alarming to think there are so many people who can't find their cabins. I guess Celebrity better decorate the lifeboats.;)

And put 50 ft high red arrows on the hull to point out where the gangplank is located so they can find their way back onto the ship after a day in port. :p

There has been a cruise (transatlantic) where the captain has advised passengers not to be on outside decks due to high winds and miserable weather.

For entertainment and exercise (once the housekeeping carts are away), I walk the inside decks and admire the art work on cabin doors - almost as good as Park West :D..LOL

ImageUploadedByForums1437446429.476906.jpg.64f3eb9f130b6f443132bbcf2d808bba.jpg Here's our door from the Silhouette from our recent Baltic cruise. We were celebrating birthdays ,July 4th and kindergarten completion. I surprised my family with the decorations. It helped our 6 yo granddaughter find our room easily and we got lots of positive comments Edited by pasto5

Not really door decoration related, but "not being able to find your cabin" related...

We took a 11 night Ultimate Caribbean Cruise over the holidays a few years ago. And as the cruise progressed I got a little too cavalier with thinking I knew my way around.

One morning I ran back to the cabin to get something quick before a spa appointment. It was my luck that housekeeping was in full swing and had the room doors open (which covered the room numbers). But, as I said, I was thinking I knew my way around by now.

I ran into the room and immediately noticed something askew. The poor guy was in the middle of cleaning the bathroom while I was in the main cabin saying "hey, why did you move the beds together?" and "what happened to all my stuff?"

Mind you, I wasn't ranting. I was just confused. And I swear I hadn't had anything to drink yet.

The poor guy just stared and didn't know what to say. He looked about as panicked as a deer in headlights. And, again, I wasn't really mad. I was just thinking someone was playing a prank.

Then, as he stared up at me, still not sure what to say... "I'm in the wrong room, aren't I?"

The look of relief immediately filled his face. "YES!" I think he wanted to jump up and hug me for figuring it out on my own. It was almost like he wasn't allowed to say no. Or tell me to get my stupid butt into the next room down.

On our first family cruise in 2006, my youngest sons didn't do a great job of finding the right cabins. So in 2007, we printed a picture of our dog on sticky note photo paper and put it on our door. No more problems, plus we got to say hi to the dog when we got back to the cabin, just like at home. It became a tradition when cruising with the kids, who are now mostly grownups. Other dog folk have commented that they enjoy greeting our dog while walking down the corridor. We'll continue to do this if/when we start taking the granddaughter along.

The sticky note photo paper we use works great - no tape, no residue, and if anyone ever had a problem with the picture, it would come right off.

On our first family cruise in 2006, my youngest sons didn't do a great job of finding the right cabins. So in 2007, we printed a picture of our dog on sticky note photo paper and put it on our door. No more problems, plus we got to say hi to the dog when we got back to the cabin, just like at home. It became a tradition when cruising with the kids, who are now mostly grownups. Other dog folk have commented that they enjoy greeting our dog while walking down the corridor. We'll continue to do this if/when we start taking the granddaughter along.

The sticky note photo paper we use works great - no tape, no residue, and if anyone ever had a problem with the picture, it would come right off.

I'm curious as to why your sons, too young to find their cabin without the doggy decoration on the door, were allowed to roam the halls alone.

Edited by Fouremco

I'm curious as to why your sons, too young to find their cabin without the doggy decoration on the door, were allowed to roam the halls alone.

Wow, judgmental much?

I never said anything about letting kids roam the hallway alone. Kids often will scamper ahead to unlock the door. It's a nuisance to others if they try to open the wrong door and I don't like to shout down the hallway.

Thanks for your concern, though.

LOL. We had a Dr Seuss decal on our door when we had our granddaughter (4 years-old at the time) with us in January. She's much better at navigation than I, so it probably helped me more than it helped her.

I come from a long line of directionally dysfunctional people. GPS has been a lifesaver. :)

A small percentage of people decorate their doors, but certainly some do.

I've seen more around the holiday time for Christmas, Chanukah and New Years as well as some Birthday, Anniversary and Honeymoon Decorations and from time to time someone placing a decoration associated with their home state or love of cruising.

Keith

Wow, judgmental much?

I never said anything about letting kids roam the hallway alone. Kids often will scamper ahead to unlock the door. It's a nuisance to others if they try to open the wrong door and I don't like to shout down the hallway.

Thanks for your concern, though.

So glad to hear. I thought that the poor tykes were told to go off and enjoy themselves for the day! :)

Seriously though, I didn't mean it to come out quite that way. We will be travelling with our kids and grandkids and are hoping to have our 4 cabins all together. I know that there will be times when the younger ones will want to visit one of the other cabins, either on their own or in advance of their parents, and your's is a great solution. You did mention "cabins", plural, so I thought that you might have been in a similar situation.

• 2 months later...
:eek: Has that actually happened to you? I've door decorated each and every cruise that I have ever gone on - and not once have I ever had anything go missing.

I lost a Georgia Bulldawg flag that was stolen on our Hawaii cruise (UGA was playing Hawaii) and several signs/pens over the years...

A few years ago I was walking back to my cabin very late (poker game broke up around 2 am) and I watched a group of 3 middle-aged women, very drunk, walking down the corridor ahead of me yanking down every door decoration they saw. When I mentioned to them that they shouldn't do that they just laughed at me. It's not always kids who can wreck havoc!