Type of tea bags?

cherokeesmom

They were only supplying Field and Select now in the buffet and MDR ( and in Luminae) on our Silhouette cruise in May. We managed to find some Liptons in Copenhagen but will definitely be taking our own next time. Bacio still have proper tea but short of collecting it on the way to breakfast you are on your own!!!

I found the same thing with the tea on Explorer. I generally would pick and "English Breakfast" blend, but it had no flavour at all. I ended up using the "just black" tea bags (if I'm remembering the name correctly), and using two bags per cup.

I became a fan of Tea Forte's "African Solstice" while on the Equniox last December. Never had been much of a fan of herbal teas before trying this one. When we got home, I did a search for it and found that it is available at multiple online locations. However, it is an expensive tea bag; $1@ at all the places I checked. Too much for me, so, I guess we will just have to take another cruise.;)

DW is a tea drinker and prefers Earl Grey or English Breakfast. She never goes anywhere without having a supply (in her purse and in our luggage when on cruises/trips). The nice thing about tea bags is that they weigh nearly nothing. She just puts a bunch of tea bags in a ziplock bag and is ready for any contingency.

Hank

I became a fan of Tea Forte's "African Solstice" while on the Equniox last December. Never had been much of a fan of herbal teas before trying this one. When we got home, I did a search for it and found that it is available at multiple online locations. However, it is an expensive tea bag; $1@ at all the places I checked. Too much for me, so, I guess we will just have to take another cruise.;)

try "Celestial" "Safari Spice African Red Herbal Tea" Caffeine Free...really good and I think very similar...and if you can catch it on sale not bad!! LuAnn

try "Celestial" "Safari Spice African Red Herbal Tea" Caffeine Free...really good and I think very similar...and if you can catch it on sale not bad!! LuAnn

Thanks LuAnn! Sounds like it may be very similar. But, then I would have to use a different excuse to go on a cruise. That should be very easy......

On Connie, they had a full selection of the Field & Select...actually enjoyed this brand very much...nice and light and organic choices.

Best of course is Tea Forte at Cafe Baccio, which we use at home....too many favorites to list but the Jasmine Green Organic is very flavorful

also picked up some nice loose tea in Key West at the Spice & Tea Exchange....enjoyed that and theKey West Aloe store.(no tea there!)

Take your own that way you are guaranteed to get what you want. We always take tea whether on a land or sea holiday. I'm not bothered about coffee but I have to have a decent cup of tea.:D

My mom loves Tetley to the point that she brings out with her everywhere. Even when she visits us (as if I wouldn't buy it for her), and even when she went to London. Afternoon tea? Loose leaf? Hundreds of years of tradition and an actual Tea Guild? Nope, Tetley.

If you are that particular, I recommend you follow my mom's methods.

Café Al Bacio has Tea Forte and its AHHHHMAZING!!!

The Tea Forte is very good but it is an extra charge item at somewhere around $5 a cup, unless you have one of the unlimited beverage packages which include it. It is also only sold at the extra cost espresso bar and possibly in the specialty restaurants as well.

Some people like the Field and Selects tea served on board which is basically an institutional brand. But to safe if you want to enjoy tea other than the Tea Forte served at the extra cost espresso bar then I'd recommend you bring your own tea bags with you.

Edited by Lsimon