Maintenance work on the Eclipse

gadabout60

[quote name='Wichenford Wolf']The work does seem only to affect a specific area of the ship - unfortunately it seems to be deck 7 starboard hump, which is where we will be on the 21 October cruise! I'll let you know whether we notice it then.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps that is why you were given that nice stateroom for your GTY booking. I noticed that most of the 1A's are still available for our sailing. We are on Deck 12 just aft of midship. I hope the noise does not reach that area. :eek:

• 1 month later...
[quote name='AZ Stan (FKA Stan in Chicago)']CrystalGirl, I would appreciate a report after your cruise. I am booked in the stateroom directly above yours, on the November 1 Transatlantic. We booked this cabin for the large balcony. Hopefully the noise will be bearable.

Thanks in advance, Stan in AZ[/QUOTE]

Hi Stan, back this morning from an extremely enjoyable cruise. We didn't notice any noise disturbance in our cabin, the balcony was large and we enjoyed sitting out there, when it wasn't too hot! Ship was buzzing with life, entertainment greatly improved and had a fantastic time. Hope you enjoy your trip. Susan

[quote name='cle-guy']Another good one, with pictures of the systems.

[url]http://www.******************.com/2014/12/22/royal-caribbean-add-scrubbers-most-of-its-cruise-ships-reduce-environmental-impact[/url] (EDIT: oops, guess this site os blocked on CC)

Maybe this works: [url]http://www.green4sea.com/demand-grows-alfa-laval-puresox-scrubbers/[/url]

The press release from DECEMBER, 2014

[url]http://www.rclinvestor.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=103045&p=irol-newsArticle_Print&ID=2001601[/url]

I've seen someplace in investor related information, the cost of this project but can not find it anywhere...anyone else know where it is?

Carnival is spending $400 million on its 70 ships to install the systems.

I swore it was in a 10K or 10Q, but haven't been able to find reference to it.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for posting the links to the work currently being done on Eclipse, I personally am excited that these upgrades are being done and this knowledge will make any potential inconvenience during our Eclipse cruise in November a little easier to deal with.

Astrid

[quote name='Gracie115']We were on Eclipse in May shortly after this work began. We took a tour of the ship and part of it was in the engine room. This work IS an 8 month project, it is work on the engines, or some part of the mechanics of the ship, I don't remember the specific explanation. We heard some pounding during the day, we were mid ship on deck 11, but it was not so bad that it would disturb sleep and it didn't occur during normal sleeping hours. We had wondered what the noise was and once it was explained it was fine. Don't know if its significantly louder the lower you go or not. Anyway the work began during the drydock in early April and if it is an 8 month project than should be over by year end. Hope that helps someone.....[/QUOTE]

We cruise Dec 13th. Hope it is done by then:o

See you are currently sailing on the Eclipse. Who is the Captains Club host and the Captain onboard for the sailing?

Thank you

PS Do you know when they are rotating off?

The Captains Club host is Jonette, who took over from Elaine on Sept 5 th.

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=862734&page=188

See post 3723 &3752

Edited by upwarduk

Cabin 7274 ... starboard hump. No noise ... no problem ... slept with door ajar most nights too.

Just wish I had half decent pillow ... see my other post. My advice .. take your own if sailing from Southampton and you can manage an extra bag.

I agree re pillows, they weren't good.

I agree re pillows, they weren't good.

That's odd......one of the things I always rave about are the wonderful pillows on our cruises....including Eclipse just a few months ago....I've gone so far as to take the cases off to try to find the brand they are using....unfortunately all tags removed so it remained a mystery.....hope they haven't changed to a lesser pillow!!:eek:

Cabin 7274 ... starboard hump. No noise ... no problem ... slept with door ajar most nights too.

Just wish I had half decent pillow ... see my other post. My advice .. take your own if sailing from Southampton and you can manage an extra bag.

We're on starboard hump on deck 7 too next month, so hope it's the same then.

Thanks for the pillow advice, it's a bit disappointing to spend £xxx on a cruise and not to get decent pillows! :(

Did you complain / request different ones?