Fire on Freedom?

Glad everyone is ok.

What happens now? Im supposed to board in September.

I wonder if the ship would have to be taken out of service to investigate?

I'm wondering now?

Way to early to tell, Watch RCI for updates, follow the ship on the various marine trafifc apps and watch the upcoming roll calls for people getting word. That is what I would be doing if my cruise was 50 days away, not 50 days ago ;) IT has to be too early to tell much.

Woke up to alarms and smoke pouring out of the smoke stack. We are all stuck in studio B because people are missing. Can't leave until they show up. Captain says fire has been extenguished. Don't know how much damage.

💞Leslie💞

Existing thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2237713

We're booked on the next Freedom cruise departing Port Canaveral this coming Sunday, July 26. I've seen nothing to indicate our voyage may be delayed or canceled (no messages yet received from RCI), but I'm following this thread to see if those onboard (who are thankfully safe) have any further information.

We're booked on the next Freedom cruise departing Port Canaveral this coming Sunday, July 26. I've seen nothing to indicate our voyage may be delayed or canceled (no messages yet received from RCI), but I'm following this thread to see if those onboard (who are thankfully safe) have any further information.

im also boarding this Sunday! following for information also

Woke up to alarms and smoke pouring out of the smoke stack. We are all stuck in studio B because people are missing. Can't leave until they show up. Captain says fire has been extenguished. Don't know how much damage.

💞Leslie💞

Anymore information about "missing people"? Are they looking for passengers or crew or both?

Anymore information about "missing people"? Are they looking for passengers or crew or both?

Royal Caribbean tweeted that all passengers have been accounted for and

there have been no injuries to any passengers.

RCLcorp ‏@RCLcorp · 6m6 minutes ago

All guests onboard #FreedomoftheSeas have been accounted for and there are no reported injuries to any guests.

I'm on the ship...stuck on Studio B mow. They've let everyone come back in from the Muster stations but we aren't allowed to roam around. You can smell the smoke throughout the ship. The captain keeps saying the fire is extinguished but they've been looking for 3-5 guests now for 2 hrs... Say we can be released until they are accounted for.

We were pulling into dock when we had to go to muster stations with life jackets. There were 3-4 fire trucks on the dock waiting on us.

Glad all is under control and things are safe. My big fear is staying in port to access damage and missing Grand Cayman. I understand things happen but we will be heartbroken. We booked this trip and have a private charter for Stingray City for my daughters birthday.

Friends on board texted me that when the passengers reported to the muster stations, everyone's card was scanned. That's when they determined three passengers were missing. No word on any further details. Apparently no one is going anywhere until the three passengers show up/turn themselves in.

I wouldn't expect any messages until they've had time to assess the situation. I would definitely monitor these boards and RCCL's website though for any updates.