Another Mouthwash Question

Seawitch

So with the new bottle rules, can I take actual mouthwash on our cruise. If not, is it provided in the amenity basket or must it be purchased in the gift shop. As a last resort, do I sneak it on board in a rum runner?

So with the new bottle rules, can I take actual mouthwash on our cruise. If not, is it provided in the amenity basket or must it be purchased in the gift shop. As a last resort, do I sneak it on board in a rum runner?

I need a gallon! *hic* I swear its mouthwash I need! *hic* I can so get a medical authorization for it since I need to cover up my bad breath. *hic*

I need it on the rocks as well. It gargles better that way. :eek:

I think the poster was asking a different question. If I bring a mouthwash bottle filled with booze, will they notice. It has been discussed so many times already on Carnival boards how a good way to smuggle, is in mouthwash. Why else would you ask? :D:D

They asked because they thought mouthwash was included in the basket they used to leave in the bathroom.

Just got off my cruise two weeks ago. I had four rum runners packed in different areas in different checked luggage. We also brought an inflatable ice chest. All worked out fine. Our room attendant kept our ice chest filled twice daily and as you can see in one of the pictures my rum runners made it just fine. I would not waste time on mouthwash bottles. Bought two cases of water from the FUN SHOPS and brought crystal light type mixes to mix the booze with.

11813311_10153220191324737_107274759720330250_n.jpg

11822590_10153220191344737_4606538840560649337_n.jpg

Just got off my cruise two weeks ago. I had four rum runners packed in different areas in different checked luggage. We also brought an inflatable ice chest. All worked out fine. Our room attendant kept our ice chest filled twice daily and as you can see in one of the pictures my rum runners made it just fine. I would not waste time on mouthwash bottles. Bought two cases of water from the FUN SHOPS and brought crystal light type mixes to mix the booze with.

Wow, and that is one of the reasons why the cruise prices keeps going up. Bravo!

And hopefully you picked up the right lid for the right purpose and didn't get them confused if you over indulged -ugh!

On the Sunshine recently, I brought an unopened bottle of mouthwash ( not the biggest size, but not travel either) and they didn't question it. But agin, it had the wrapping at the top so clearly had not been opened. Not sure if I got lucky or not.

Oh believe me Patt... we still do our part in contributing to the Carnival cause. Our rum runners are for our cabin only. We still purchase the Cheers Package and partake there as well.

IMG_0570.jpg

Hahaha...now you are the type of girl I need to cruise with!

What gets inspected depends on the port. Ft Lauderdale wanted to sniff the wine bottles that were unopened. Miami let me onboard with an 8 pack of cans and a bottle of wine in my backpack and never looked. It could have been beer, but noone checked.

2 12oz of eye wash filled with coconut rum was never check at either port.

Yes Murph, that was for a seven day ..If you go out of Galveston you can only get it for six days as there is a law in place.. has to do with the waters... So you can only get access to the Cheers program on the second day if you go out of Galveston.

Was that for a seven day cruise? we're planning on purchasing it in Oct. on our 7 day cruise. I was trying to figure the actual cost.

Murph, the receipt says 7 @ $49.95 = $349.65. That's 7 days at $49.95 per day per person. Equals $349.65.

Then you add in the gratuity.

That's for one person. The receipt shows that there were two Cheers purchases made, so the entire total for one person doubles.

So for your two people on your October cruise, the cost would be the same as the final total shown on the receipt.

I was not asking about putting booze in a mouthwash bottle, I was asking about taking on REAL mouthwash without it being confiscated. BTW, we are embarking in Manhattan.

Edited by Seawitch

I was not asking about putting booze in a mouthwash bottle, I was asking about taking on REAL mouthwash without it being confiscated. BTW, we are embarking in Manhattan.

in the past, though it's been a few years since carnival, we've never had a problem. It's pointless to bring travel size for 2 people for 7 days, I'd need like 5-7 travel size bottles. I bring normal size bottles for everything, it's just easier on me than filling traveling size, then cleaning them out once home or not having enough. You'd think I'd know how much I need for 7 days, but we tend to take 2-3 showers a day (I hate the smell/feel of sunblock, we always shower before dinner, I shower before bed, after the gym).

If they have doubts, they'll check it, see it's legit mouthwash and you'll go about your day.

Great job! Rum runners have always made it on the ship including this last December and February. And in port in cabo, no problem!

Wow Janet you love your booze! LOL! :D

Love the cute cooler...where did you find it? I'd like it for my Caffeine-Free, Pepsi addiction. :D Thank goodness, at least so far, I don't have to smuggle it on. LOL!;)