Easy to identify what’s included on the UBP

hepf

We just returned from our cruise on Getaway, and the UBP was fully worth it! We had Grey Goose vodka, Macallan scotch, Zacapa Rum, etc. all top shelve liquors. A tip I got to know what was included (without asking the price) was it you see a bottle on the bar that has a free flow dispenser (metallic pipes) it is included, if the bottle is closed it will mean an extra charge (the difference to the $10 basis).

Enjoy!

We just returned from our cruise on Getaway, and the UBP was fully worth it! We had Grey Goose vodka, Macallan scotch, Zacapa Rum, etc. all top shelve liquors. A tip I got to know what was included (without asking the price) was it you see a bottle on the bar that has a free flow dispenser (metallic pipes) it is included, if the bottle is closed it will mean an extra charge (the difference to the $10 basis).

Enjoy!

$11, not 10. ;)

You are right!

Also, tips are included on the package, but if you have a special bartender where you tend to most of the time, tipping him additionally makes a great deal, they really appreciate it and will let you know it.

You are right!

Also, tips are included on the package, but if you have a special bartender where you tend to most of the time, tipping him additionally makes a great deal, they really appreciate it and will let you know it.

Tips are included depending on when you booked. With new bookings customers must pay the 18% gratuities. ;)

I don't think that's entirely true. Patron is included and they don't put pour spouts on those bottles. What I have found is basically everything is included except for some really high end wines and cognacs. Most times the bartender will even suggest a better liquor than what you ordered to make sure you get your money's worth.

We were on the Gem in June with UBP. Believe me, you won't be disappointed in the selection that's free. I like single malt scotch and my wife likes high end vodka. We never got a bill for anything we ordered. Mind you, I didn't go for anything 18 years old. But, sheesh, just enjoy it.

Edited by CruisinHarvey
I can't spell

We booked a cruise on the Dawn , Boston to Bermuda. It included a free beverage pkg. We were charged a service fee.Does anyone know if tips are still charged or does that cover it? I figured that was it, but from reading these posts you've got me wondering. ! Thanks in advance :)

We booked a cruise on the Dawn , Boston to Bermuda. It included a free beverage pkg. We were charged a service fee.Does anyone know if tips are still charged or does that cover it? I figured that was it, but from reading these posts you've got me wondering. ! Thanks in advance :)
That covers it. The 18% gratuity will still appear in the tickets you sign with each drink, but it will be zeroed out on your account just like the drink price.

Do you know how I can find out if the gratuities were included back when we originally booked? We booked in January under one of the promotions.

Do you know how I can find out if the gratuities were included back when we originally booked? We booked in January under one of the promotions.

If you booked in January, then yes, they were included.

Just to be sure, you can look at your account and see if it has been added there. But it won't have been added there, since you aren't responsible for them under the January promo.

I am not trying to start a ruckus or judge anybody else. Just asking a question. I booked way back when there was no service charge added. I am thinking I will give a buck or two for each drink. Is that appropriate?

I am not trying to start a ruckus or judge anybody else. Just asking a question. I booked way back when there was no service charge added. I am thinking I will give a buck or two for each drink. Is that appropriate?

I do it all the time. It is very much appreciated by the staff, and you'll find that you won't have to wait for a drink.