Late Change of Bording time

SDadw01

We are on Azura tomorrow, e ticket states 1300 boarding time. We have booked taxi etc only to find out today our time has changed to 1500,,,,,grrrr :mad:. Will we be ok to still get there at 1300?

Depends why they have put the boarding time back..does it say.

If its to do a deep clean of the ship or technical you could turn up at 13.00 and find they are not starting boarding until 14.00

I know with Britannia they are trying to get people to the boarding times given, but I note you are on Azura.

Up to you what to do, go at time planned and sit and wait, or contact pando to find out why boarding has been put back.

Depends why they have put the boarding time back..does it say.

If its to do a deep clean of the ship or technical you could turn up at 13.00 and find they are not starting boarding until 14.00

I know with Britannia they are trying to get people to the boarding times given, but I note you are on Azura.

Up to you what to do, go at time planned and sit and wait, or contact pando to find out why boarding has been put back.

I think in this instance you turn up at the time you intended. The worst that can happen is that you have a wait in the terminal

Isn't the changing of some times to now coincide with the cabins being ready on embarkation.

An email I received today was asking to adhere to the stated times so you can now go straight to your cabin.

Just as long as you realize things are changing and you may be turned away until your correct boarding time on your e-ticket. For the OP, if your e-ticket that you printed says 1330, then it should be OK. they can't expect you to check it on an hourly basis!

Just not going to happen if you travel down the day before and have to quit your hotel by noon. I will go on turning up when I please! Never had a problem, and don't expect one.

Do as you please eh?

Stand by for some pelters from some regulars on here.

Just not going to happen if you travel down the day before and have to quit your hotel by noon. I will go on turning up when I please! Never had a problem, and don't expect one.

Good for you - I intend to do the same.

In answer to the original question - I don't think it will matter because I honestly don't think they know what they are doing!!! We are sailing on Arcadia next Wednesday and originally our e-tickets gave a boarding time of 1400 (this was when I printed them last week), somebody on our roll call noticed that their boarding time had changed so I checked ours again and it is now 13.30......yes earlier! I know of two other people who's boarding times are now 30 minutes earlier and one whose boarding time is two hours later - all with no notification from P&O, just a change on the e-tickets, which it's not unreasonable to expect people would already have printed and therefore may not even see the change.

Gill

It will not happen. I spoke to staff on my most recent cruise who don't agree with changes and who tell me that there is no way anyone will be left kicking their heels in the lounge when using common sense they can get them onboard.

I will always have to travel down the day before because of where I live. If they EVER make a fuss then i shall simply demand a 12 noon boarding time for all future cruises due to the necessity of travelling the day before and quitting a hotel. No early time, no P and O booking. Simple as that.

Yes I shall do as I like. No I do not care what trolls post against me.

:eek:

It will not happen. I spoke to staff on my most recent cruise who don't agree with changes and who tell me that there is no way anyone will be left kicking their heels in the lounge when using common sense they can get them onboard.

I will always have to travel down the day before because of where I live. If they EVER make a fuss then i shall simply demand a 12 noon boarding time for all future cruises due to the necessity of travelling the day before and quitting a hotel. No early time, no P and O booking. Simple as that.

Yes I shall do as I like. No I do not care what trolls post against me.

You are right. There is no way P&O are going to leave those check-in desks idle because people are late for their book in time. They will process people in the order in which they arrive in the terminal. With the diversity of travel arrangements and arrival times there is no other logical way of doing it. Any attempt to turn people away will be a publicity disaster and probably impossible to do anyway, at least without a police presence :eek:

Anyone remember the 'old days' at the Mayflower terminal, when check in did not open until midday, and boarding started at 2pm? Then you would have another wait in the departure lounge until your boarding card number was called!

I think in this instance you turn up at the time you intended. The worst that can happen is that you have a wait in the terminal

Yep and try and find a spot to watch all the lading of provisions etc that goes on, I love it.

Yes my daughter still comments about the amount of loo roll she saw being loaded 😂

I'm certain one truck had nothing but pineapples.

Now I love pineapple, by my goodness they just didn't stop.

And yep Dunny paper, never seen so much Dunny paper in my life.