MIA Noon flight after cruise!?

lvcrzn

The ESCAPE IS SCHEDULED to return to the POM at 8:00am (Jan, 2016). I was told that I should not book a flight home before noon. I've booked a 12:10 p.m. out of MIA. I've now read so many posts that this is too early. I'm confused and need some past experience advise. Please! I will do a "walk off" if needed.

The ESCAPE IS SCHEDULED to return to the POM at 8:00am (Jan, 2016). I was told that I should not book a flight home before noon. I've booked a 12:10 p.m. out of MIA. I've now read so many posts that this is too early. I'm confused and need some past experience advise. Please! I will do a "walk off" if needed.

You can be the last one off the ship and safely make that flight. In about 6 cruises out of Miami the latest we have ever gotten to the airport was approximately 9:30 and we have never used "walk off"!!!!!

As long as there are no issues, and you walk your bags off you'll be fine. Also, you should probably arrange your own transportation to the airport. Waiting for a shared shuttle to fill can get frustrating.

We've made it before to FLL and MIA for noon flights(and we always go in Dec/January).

Some people will say its crazy, and stay ;ater or another day. I say go for it but just be aware of your airlines change fees in case you don't make it.

You do NOT need to do walk off....you have PLENTY of time! Just tell them you have an early flight...and you'll be in one of the 1st groups off...no need to lug your own bags off. You'll be at the airport before 9am, in most cases!

You do NOT need to do walk off....you have PLENTY of time! Just tell them you have an early flight...and you'll be in one of the 1st groups off...no need to lug your own bags off. You'll be at the airport before 9am, in most cases!

We are those people that pack EVERYTHING including the kitchen sink! So N "walk offs" for us.....and we DO have priority disembarkation....but have ALWAYS been sitting at the airport from around 9:00 or 9:30...

I also suggest getting your OWN taxi and not doing the shuttle thing.....and you should be fine. And as another poster mentioned, if you do seem to draw a "later" color tag to indicated later disembarkation.....go to guest services and tell them your flight info and they will likely change you to an earlier group...but again......you should be fine either way.

Your speedy replies were so appreciated.

YOU ALL HAVE EASED MY MIND AND FOR THAT I SINCERELY THANK YOU!

Our last time in Miami we walked off just before 8, took a cab to downtown, picked up our rental car, drove to Dolphin Mall in rush hour, spent some hours shopping, had lunch and got back at 1 or 1.30pm at the MIA rental station for our 3.30pm domestic flight. Piece of cake.