I don't want to pay gratuities and cabin questions on reflection

JERSEYGIRL1983

Lol ok i had to catch your attention. Hopefully all of you looking for a fight about gratuities can help me with something a little less important :p

On the Reflection which would you choose and why?

8257 1st slant off hump OR

9209 3rd slant off hump.

What i know: 1st and 3rd are the biggest

Bed by balcony on both

9209 one deck higher

Any pros/cons to either or?

Thank you for your "tips" and suggestions!!

P.S. For those not sure, the gratuities part in subject line was a joke to reel you in. We always pay em and tip xtra cash for those who go above and beyond

P.P.S. I don't know why i had to explain my first p.s. But i did

P.P.P.S something tells me this thread is eventually going to become about gratuities....:eek:

All things being equal, I'd probably take 8257 versus 9209. I'm more likely to be going down to do things than up, so I'd rather be closer to the lower decks than the higher. Bear in mind that there's a member of connecting cabins adjacent to 8257, so there is always the chance you'll have screaming kids next to you, though the chances are fairly small.

9209 is close by Game on, and 8257 is close to the Hideaway. I'd take 8, but that's just me.

P.S. You'll have to pay the same gratuities in either cabin.

P.P.S Or shirk the same gratuities in either cabin.

P.P.P.S. Don't do that. Only horrible, miserable people do that.

It all depends on whether you want more or less sun.

The further up you go the more the overhang affects you and also the nearer you are to the hump the more sun you are likely to get.

If you want more shade take the higher up cabin.

I haven't stayed that low down as yet, have always been in AQ where the overhang has an impact on the amount of sun and shade.

I would go for 9209 - one deck higher above the smoking section down below. You probably won't smell any smoke from down below in either stateroom, but I like to be higher on the ship.

I don't think sun/shade would be in issue as the overhang would be the balcony above.

If it is the cruise listed in your signature, I would probably do 9292 or if any other on the aft side of the hump. I think there is slightly less wind when under way (my opinion). Of course, I would actually go for an aft cabin, but that is more $

Ken

You can't go wrong with either. I would prefer Deck 8 and being close to the Hideaway. Great to send my husband to fetch coffee when we wake up. The problem with Room Service ordered the night before is I never seem to wake up in synch with the time I ordered the delivery...

Lol ok i had to catch your attention. :p

Public Health Officials at the Center for Disease Control and the American Medical Association are stunned by some newly discovered statistics. :confused:

There seems to have been a highly unusual spike in the reporting of several thousand simultaneous cases of brain aneurisms and heart attacks last evening starting at approximately 10PM. It seems that almost ALL of the victims during this spike of occurrences, were computer users from all across the country who were logged on to the Cruise Critic website at the time of their passing. :p

Medical experts are completely at a loss to explain why so many people of differing age, sex and physical health could ALL succumb within the same time frame. ;)

More experts are being assigned to determine the cause of such a rare phenomena. :rolleyes:

Edited by teecee60

If it is the cruise listed in your signature, I would probably do 9292 or if any other on the aft side of the hump. I think there is slightly less wind when under way (my opinion). Of course, I would actually go for an aft cabin, but that is more $

Ken

9292 is a great cabin, and it does have less wind since it is on the aft side of the hump. I've stayed in 9292 and also 9215 (forward side of the hump) on the Silhouette, and prefer the aft side of the hump. Location would be the same on the Reflection.

Edited by ecslady

Lol ok i had to catch your attention. Hopefully all of you looking for a fight about gratuities can help me with something a little less important :p

On the Reflection which would you choose and why?

8257 1st slant off hump OR

9209 3rd slant off hump.

What i know: 1st and 3rd are the biggest

Bed by balcony on both

9209 one deck higher

Any pros/cons to either or?

Thank you for your "tips" and suggestions!!

P.S. For those not sure, the gratuities part in subject line was a joke to reel you in. We always pay em and tip xtra cash for those who go above and beyond

P.P.S. I don't know why i had to explain my first p.s. But i did

P.P.P.S something tells me this thread is eventually going to become about gratuities....:eek:

Great way to get folks to read your post!!

Maybe my next post will be titled "Wearing a bathing suit to the MDR"! [emoji1]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wish i can quote everyone in this reply lol you all had me on the floor laughing. I learned a valuable lesson tho....dont read the message board at work, the "laughing out loud" makes your boss wonder what kind of meds your on...

Ok: 6502programmer your "screaming kids in connecting cabins" had me on phone first thing this morning with my TA changing my canin to 9209. We love kids but love a quiet room even more.

Chemmo: hahaha so easy

Gordoncruickshank: DH prefers higher up and we dont mind sun or shade as we can always go in cabin for "shade" or go to the upper decks where there are PLENTY of available chairs on the pool deck (can you say chair hoggers)!!

Wine-o-we are on same page

Fatbaldbloke: what a name!!! Lol. Gotcha too!

Spursgirl: oh yea...dont we all..

OhioDogLover: i love dogs too lol

Kenevenpar: ill send you my banks wiring instructions so that you can "hook me up" with some cash to go aft!

Helen haywood: im goin for the lattes and cappucchinos since we have the drink pkg but in meantime, im mailing you a super loud alarm clock to help get you up earlier :D

Teecee60: YOU'RE THE ONE WHO ALMOST GOT ME IN TROUBLE AT WORK! Oops... That's considered yelling...I wasn't yelling. Just am excited utterance. Absolutely hilarious!

Kenevenpar: how could u say that about celebrity's it dept. we allll no dey r eggcellent wen it coms to deir compUTor dePartMint lol

Ecslady: we are watching to see if 9215 opens up. DH and i prefer to see easily forward as opposed to looking back but the connecting cabins brought up by the PP guy...6502programer and the screaming kids/loud noise possibility has me worried.

Colliercruiser: we cant wear swimwear in MDR??? :p

Gordoncruickshank: do they still serve fresh squeezed juice on reflection? I am actually curious. I love fresh squeezed oj.

Thank you all again. Much appreciated!