Beverage packages

Nurse Susie Q

Hello everyone!

Has anyone ever purchased the "beverage package" on Princess before? Just trying to see if it's worth it.

Thank you and happy cruising.

If you do a quick search there are lots of threads on this subject.

Here is one......

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2213354&highlight=all+inclusive

Add about $1.50 to the prices in this spreadsheet....

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2038576

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Work with the numbers and think about how much of what you normally need/drink daily.

It really just depends on the individual.

We tend to eat and drink like at home. Not changing patterns a whole lot while vacationing. Others really let loose. :D

There are a number of beverage packages available on Princess. The value of each depend on the individual. For some, they are a great deal and for others a waste of money.

If you do a search on these boards, you should find the Princess beverage package cost evaluator. This is a spreadsheet. You enter your estimated consumption of the different drinks and the spreadsheet shows you which package(s) are best for you

Hi, all...

Does anyone know about the Silver or Gold Wine Pkgs? If you do not finish your card is it good next cruise?

Thanx, Steve

You can only use the wine packages as long as you remain on board. So if you have a B2B, you could use the card for the second leg.

You could not use it on some future cruise.

Hello everyone!

Has anyone ever purchased the "beverage package" on Princess before? Just trying to see if it's worth it.

Thank you and happy cruising.

Do you drink 4 or more alcoholic beverages per day everyday? If yes, you MIGHT benefit. If no, steer clear - you will definitely lose money.

If you do a quick search there are lots of threads on this subject.

Here is one......

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2213354&highlight=all+inclusive

Add about $1.50 to the prices in this spreadsheet....

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2038576

THANK YOU! I've been trying to find out the current price of a can of Soda, preferably in Australian currency, but a friend who is working in the USA as a Chartered Accountant (Australian term, sorry don't know her exact job title-I don't ask nosy questions unless I REALLY need the information, which I don't-she told me, "I suggest you allow 140% of the USD price, and you should be well funded. You can get the Soda and More Package and Princess Australia has published the AUD Cocktail price at $14.00, and you've carefully planned Cocktail consumption anyway." Although reading through that link, I found a couple more drinks I'd like to try, at least 1 at Sabatini's, so I might be having a good breakfast with a Mimosa, then trying something else.

I've had to deal with a friend who got absolute drunk once, and she's a noisy drunk too! I won't make an idiot of myself and subject other people to the same disturbance I had to put up with.

Please, does anyone know whether allowing at least 2 hours between types of alcohol-eg Rum, or Tequila would be safe? I was intending to keep to Cocktails made with the same base, but have just found several I'd missed earlier-I'd doubled up, and would like to change the chosen Cocktails. I usually drink a half-strength Crème de Menthe, it's a liqueur, mixed with lemonade, so definitely not much of a drinker here :D . I already know to alternate with Mocktails and Sodas, had planned 1 Cocktail to 2 each of Mocktails and Sodas, and I know to keep nibbling at something, so I'm not drinking on an empty stomach, and finding something nice to eat is NEVER a problem on a Princess Ship!

424 days to sailing-the countdown is on!

Do you drink 4 or more alcoholic beverages per day everyday? If yes, you MIGHT benefit. If no, steer clear - you will definitely lose money.

That would be 7 or more if you drink cocktails, 9 if you usually drink beers, just to break even. (Cocktails run about $8, beers $6 and the package is about $56 daily - do the math.)

That would be 7 or more if you drink cocktails, 9 if you usually drink beers, just to break even. (Cocktails run about $8, beers $6 and the package is about $56 daily - do the math.)

Hi Guys, I think the 4 alcohol drink rule is correct.

My husband always says it depends on the bartender's pour. Celebrity bartenders poured a double every time he ordered a drink.(he had the premium alcohol package)

My husband used the new spreadsheet, and with about 5-6 bottles of water daily(he doesn't drink cruise tap water and orders a bottle just for a sip and leaves it), a couple of cappuccinos, the $56 adds up pretty quick.

Remember, all of the drink prices listed do NOT include the 15% tip. A single decent Scotch, or Martini is $8.95 + 15%.

Anyway, that's how we used the calculator.

Have a great cruise

That's assuming you only have 1 type of drink. Factoring in Coffees, Wines, Mocktails and Fountain Sodas as well as Cocktails would alter that calculation.

Yes, I did the math - if you only drink cocktails it would be 6 (the beverage package is $49 - $56.35 is with the gratuity and most cocktails are ~ $8 before the gratuity is added). Many guests also drink specialty coffee, Coca-cola, bottled water, etc., so in my opinion, 4 is the minimum number of alcoholic drinks per day everyday to have a chance to "break even." It might be possible to drink over $17 worth of soda on top of those 4 drinks, but there is no benefit to purchase a beverage package if there is a doubt. Remember, if you like your alcohol on the cheap, there are two happy hours a day that further blur the question of "Is the all inclusive beverage package worth it?"

The answer is, "No," unless you are a very heavy drinker for 7+ days in a row. No breaks allowed to nurse the hangover from the previous day's "got my money's worth" binge.:(

The answer is, "No," unless you are a very heavy drinker for 7+ days in a row. No breaks allowed to nurse the hangover from the previous day's "got my money's worth" binge.:(

True.... >chuckle<

On most of our cruises, my total final bill, including all drinks for Rachel AND me, plus excursions and shop purchases, have always been considerably less than the beverage package would have cost me for one. And we do enjoy our cocktails!

Please, does anyone know whether allowing at least 2 hours between types of alcohol-eg Rum, or Tequila would be safe? I was intending to keep to Cocktails made with the same base, but have just found several I'd missed earlier-I'd doubled up, and would like to change the chosen Cocktails. I usually drink a half-strength Crème de Menthe, it's a liqueur, mixed with lemonade, so definitely not much of a drinker here :D . I already know to alternate with Mocktails and Sodas, had planned 1 Cocktail to 2 each of Mocktails and Sodas, and I know to keep nibbling at something, so I'm not drinking on an empty stomach, and finding something nice to eat is NEVER a problem on a Princess Ship!

As to timing, keep your colors together: Clear spirits (vodka rum) _or_ Colored spirits (Bourbon, Scotch, etc) can generally be mixed during a given drinking session.

If I recall, it is 1 shot of spirits per 100 pounds (body weight) per hour will keep you well below the legal limit in the US (.8 % blood alcohol). 1 shot or 1 beer, or 1 glass of wine.

Strive not to mix the grain and the grape!

As to timing, keep your colors together: Clear spirits (vodka rum) _or_ Colored spirits (Bourbon, Scotch, etc) can generally be mixed during a given drinking session.

If I recall, it is 1 shot of spirits per 100 pounds (body weight) per hour will keep you well below the legal limit in the US (.8 % blood alcohol). 1 shot or 1 beer, or 1 glass of wine.

THANK YOU! Your suggestion of vodka and rum, or bourbon and Scotch are eagerly noted on my Cruise Notepad. My knowledge has been increased, I hadn't known about clear or coloured spirits.

I don't worry about the US legal limit, since I don't plan to be driving the ship.:)