Elite Level Changing

1MKS1128

FYI: The average cruiser, like me, is not thinking about loyalty levels of others while on a cruise.

So very true, and I am thrilled to be an 'average' cruiser. Average cruisers also aren't nearly as concerned with perceived rude behavior or non-compliant dress as many in this board are.

My own opinion and not directed at anyone in particular, will all due respect, bless their hearts....I could care less about loyalty status I see on people wearing a lanyard. The problem with lanyards is they make people look like dorks. If you can't keep track of one lousy card on a cruise ship how in the heck do you function in the real world?

Then I'm a dork and I function very well in the real world. Thank you very much. :D

Melissa

Edited by JeffandMelissa

I loved watching all the late comers back to the ship, standing at the gates, frantically searching in the bags for there cruise cards and not being allowed to enter the pier till they showed it to security.

If they had had them round there neck, or under there top on a lanyard, I would not have had so much entertainment lol lol 😂😂

My own opinion and not directed at anyone in particular, will all due respect, bless their hearts....I could care less about loyalty status I see on people wearing a lanyard. The problem with lanyards is they make people look like dorks. If you can't keep track of one lousy card on a cruise ship how in the heck do you function in the real world?

It's just they don't realize what they look like wearing one. :D

I don't wear a lanyard and I don't have clothes with pockets. I just tuck the card into my bra!!!:D

You go on, gurrrllll!

(of course, some of us don't have enough there to obscure said card, so we have to settle for a wristlet!)

I equate them to school children who have a note from the teacher pinned to their shirts because they can't be trusted with important cargo.

It's great that you have that opinion but I have to tell you..... your attitude makes you a bigger dork than you know. There is no need to be rude to those that choose to handle a situation different then you for whatever reason. As school children would say, "shame on you". How I choose to wear my lanyard by being in my pocket, on my wrist or hanging from my neck is my choice. Not yours.

You must spend an awful amount of time judging other cruisers. Maybe if you didn't do that you could enjoy your cruise more. You are, after all, on a ship on vacation.

I was going to say something else but that just really brings me down to a level I don't choose to go to.

Edited by notentirelynormal

Its amazing how much this bothers people.

Get a life. :p

Funny isn't it, I don't wear a lanyard, I just don't like them, but I normally have a few other things around my neck (camera, spectacle cord, maybe a tie, or binoculars, earphones for phone or mp3) but why would I care if others love them (DW uses one on the ship but doesn't like using one on shore).

Edited by GUT2407

Hey. We've got a good fight going on here. Don't spoil it :D

Better enjoy it while you can , I suspect the direction it's going that this thread won't last much longer.

IMO, it should have ended quite a while ago

Srpilo

Perceiving those who wear lanyards as dorks or unable to perform the most basic human function is about as stupid as my perception that Californians are all airheads. Jay Leno's street interviews proved that to me. Just sayin'.:rolleyes:

Naa mine is attached to a belt loop and in my pocket usually.

I just don't bring my pocket protector. Can you imagine this thread if those were a hot item. :eek:

...married to an engineer... gave birth to an engineer... we have lots of pocket protectors in this house. Now, if your pocket protector indicates your status, then we have something fun to discuss!

I wonder if these same people who judge lanyards and colored cards are the same as those that dress with orange pants, green tops etc. I just don't get it. My point is, why do you people care how others dress or accessorize? Is it really going to change your life because I wore a lanyard and now you know I have a black/blue/gold card?

I can honestly say I've never looked to see what color someone else's card is. It will not affect my cruise/vacation in any way so why bother. Same with their clothes. What shallow minds people have when they do things like this. Now, I will judge you for being rude and inconsiderate. I don't care what color your card is or how many days/cruises you've been on. It is sounding like some of those people are here on this thread.