Tipping the less obvious

mark22mac

Not including the automatic tips being taken out or Giving extra to the obvious room steward,MDR waiters,bartenders being tipped extra does anybody tip the waiter in the windjammer that might bring you a tea or the customer service people that helped you with an issue or maybe the security guard walking around at night or the people that clean your stairway handrails and what about the maintenance people. Just curious about the people that just might get over looked. I'm thinking about bringing an extra few bucks for those people and just curious how common it is and if its out of the ordinary to walk to someone cleaning a window or polishing brass to offer them a tip for their hard work. They keep the ships clean,beautiful and In working order for all of us.

Not including the automatic tips being taken out or Giving extra to the obvious room steward,MDR waiters,bartenders being tipped extra does anybody tip the waiter in the windjammer that might bring you a tea or the customer service people that helped you with an issue or maybe the security guard walking around at night or the people that clean your stairway handrails and what about the maintenance people. Just curious about the people that just might get over looked. I'm thinking about bringing an extra few bucks for those people and just curious how common it is and if its out of the ordinary to walk to someone cleaning a window or polishing brass to offer them a tip for their hard work. They keep the ships clean,beautiful and In working order for all of us.

your auto tips include those workers you described

Yours is one of the nicest posts that I have read in a long time.:):):)

Any crew member that you tip will be appreciative that you noticed them.

We have often done this and it really seems to make their day.

Just off the ROS (Alaska) and gave extra to the wonderful greeter at the WJ and the two wonderful waitstaff we had nightly in the WJ and the waitstaff person at the drink station that heated milk every night for our grandchild...We also gave out WOW cards to them as well.

Wonderful staff on the ROS...everyone that we came into contact with friendly and happy doing their job..how nice OP to want to acknowledge them...I'm sure they'll appreciate it.

Edited by Ashland

The crew and their families thank you guys:):)

I remember on the Radiance we met an assistant waiter in the WJ. Every morning or lunch he seemed to be there and went out of his way to be helpful. He'd grab coffee for us or anything else he thought we might need. We tipped him on the last day something extra. He really did make a difference for us for the week.

im with you guys.. i tip whenever i can.. i think hard work should be appreciated and rewarded...

i also try to find there boss if he/she is floating around to let them know. i like when people give me compliments on my employees so i "assume" others do as well.... in business we dont hear the compliments as much as the complaints so its always nice to hear, lol

Edited by Aintnofun007

On our Disney cruise we encountered a person cleaning rails in a corridor as we were looking for something ( I don't recall the details any longer) She stopped what she was doing, and rather than just give us directions, she walked us far enough to our destination that we could see the way easily. We made a mental note of her name and stopped by the guest service desk later to fill out a comment card detailing how she had assisted us and her friendly attitude.

On our Allure cruise a couple of years ago I was so impressed with one of the sports staff crew I went to her supervisor on the last night. I gave her a envelope with a thank you card and tip to give to her on my behalf and told her that she was one of the most helpful people I have met. She thanked me so much for doing this and told me that she would present it to her at her crew meeting that week. She said that a gesture like this goes a long way in helping improve the moral of the crew and shows passengers do really appreciate what they do for them on the ship. I always make sure that I have a few thank you cards for special people who may not get the recognition that they deserve.

Thank you that means a lot to me.

Nice Post!

I keep some Dollar Bills in my cruise purse and like to tip those a couple of dollars who are cleaning the public bathrooms from time to time. :)

LuLu

Oh yes while writing this i totally forgot to mention the staff that takes care of the bathrooms.They seem to always be in there and they are always spotless.