UBP Unlimited or not ?

Blazley

Other Question, is still Water in this UBP inclusive ? I had the Cheers on Carnival, but there was NO Bottles of water inclusive...

Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

NO bottled water and no bottles of wine (I don't drink beer, so I didn't pay attention). If you want bottled water, you either need to be in an Owner's Suite or certain Haven suites for them to be included, or pay for them otherwise. Bottles of wine may be purchased at a discount with the UBP.

I can understand if they don't sell you Bottles of Wine ( sure not under 11$ ), but Bottles of water... Well .. OK. I think if u want a glass / Cup of water , this is free ?

Edited by Blazley

"only 8 beers" Wow.

I must be old. I can handle 2. Maybe 3 in a night. Of course, I dont drink beer, as its mostly disgusting. But still.

The only reason I have UBP for the next cruise is the Haven promo. no point for me, otherwise.

Not being able to handle 8 beers pob not your issue not being seen drinking 8 beers is prob your real issue. I see this a lot. People have this preconceived image of a beer drinker and think they look more proper drinking wine with more alcohol in it. I see these people like Carrie Nation swinging there axe.

Other Question, is still Water in this UBP inclusive ? I had the Cheers on Carnival, but there was NO Bottles of water inclusive...

Thx

It clearly states no bottles of wine or water included. If you need bottle water which is the same as the filtered water on the ship bring it with you. YOu can bring a case if you would like. Some folks claim there is too much sodium in the water. But they make it the same way aquafina and desani does. Now if you like spring water I would say bring your own.

OK Thx. Well the Water from the Ship or Cup is OK. It's just that u have to fill it again after Drinking, and when it's hot u run a lot then :) Thx for the Info ! :)

The giant cup I use holds 3 times as much as a bottle of water I could purchase. I run much less refilling my own for free than if I was purchasing the water.

We're not big drinkers, but the way I figured it, even if we don't drink the whole cost of the UBP, if we drink at least as much as the next most valuable promo (probably the UDP), we will come out ahead.

We chose the UBP back when the gratuities were included.

We're not big drinkers, but the way I figured it, even if we don't drink the whole cost of the UBP, if we drink at least as much as the next most valuable promo (probably the UDP), we will come out ahead.

We chose the UBP back when the gratuities were included.

We choose it then as well and even if you only drink 3 or 4 drinks a day, we decided it was worth it. I figure even at 4 a day; 2 wines, 2 mixed drinks and no gratuities it is a good deal; with gratuities it still seems like a good deal, plus the convenience and knowing if you want a drink you can just order one. We love the spicey Marys in the morning, usued to buy the wine package for about $100 for 4 bottles, plus a drink before dinner and maybe a glass or two of wine with dinner. Now for those who only drink beer and in moderation it may work out differently.

Edited by newmexicoNita

We choose it then as well and even if you only drink 3 or 4 drinks a day, we decided it was worth it. I figure even at 4 a day; 2 wines, 2 mixed drinks and no gratuities it is a good deal; with gratuities it still seems like a good deal, plus the convenience and knowing if you want a drink you can just order one. We love the spicey Marys in the morning, usued to buy the wine package for about $100 for 4 bottles, plus a drink before dinner and maybe a glass or two of wine with dinner.

I'm looking forward to trying some glasses of wine with dinner. We don't normally order wine with meals, but it will be nice for a change.

I'd also like to try some of the "drinks of the day."

I'd also like to try some of the "drinks of the day."
Keep in mind that the drink of the day is available every other day, too, just at a higher price (but still well under $11). So flip through the menu and try them all on the first day! :D You don't have to wait for each drink's "day" to come around.

Keep in mind that the drink of the day is available every other day, too, just at a higher price (but still well under $11). So flip through the menu and try them all on the first day! :D You don't have to wait for each drink's "day" to come around.

Thanks for the reminder!

My wife and I aren't really big drinkers, I only really drink on social occasions. The past 2 cruises we had the UDP, after our last cruise we decided that the next one would be UBP. One can easily go through 15 drinks during a sea day and still be somewhat fine. For us the UBP will be more cost effective than the UDP.

It really is easy to go through 15 drinks.

On a Sea Day

• Mimosa x 2 at breakfast
  • Mimosa x 2 for morning ship walkaround
  • Cocktail x 2 for moring activities or just sitting at bar
  • Cocktail x 2 at lunch
  • Cocktail x 2 at Pool while laying down for sun
  • Spa to detox relax and nap
  • Wine x 1 during solo meetup
  • Cocktail x 2 for LGBT meetup
  • Wine and Cocktail at Dinner

That's 13 cocktails and we haven't even gotten to the party or after party.

On a Port Day

• Mimosa while walking to get off boat (or 2 if waiting for tender)
  • Cocktail x 2 at pool after getting on boat around 2 PM (for a 5PM departure)

This is slightly less at 10-11 drinks all before the party and after party.

If purchasing the UBP on board, does everyone in the cabin have to purchase? i.e. in the case of one being tee-total, can the other purchase UBP as with RCI and Celebrity?

If purchasing, all adults in cabin must purchase, and kids in cabin must have kids soda package. Also, the UBP is less expensive if purchased prior to sailing than on board.

Just discovered that drinks packages are not available on Pride of America, is there a specific reason for that?
Against state law in Hawaii to offer all-you-can-drink liquor for a set price, or offer free liquor as a promotion, or anything else that "promotes excessive consumption of liquor".

Against state law in Hawaii to offer all-you-can-drink liquor for a set price, or offer free liquor as a promotion, or anything else that "promotes excessive consumption of liquor".

OK, thanks, being UK citizen was unaware of that (sensible) state law. For us, we would not use the NCL 2x package as one of us is tee-total.

It really is easy to go through 15 drinks.

On a Sea Day

• Mimosa x 2 for morning ship walkaround
  • Cocktail x 2 for moring activities or just sitting at bar
  • Cocktail x 2 at lunch
  • Cocktail x 2 at Pool while laying down for sun

That's 13 cocktails and we haven't even gotten to the party or after party.

On a Port Day

• Mimosa while walking to get off boat (or 2 if waiting for tender)
  • Cocktail x 2 at pool after getting on boat around 2 PM (for a 5PM departure)

This is slightly less at 10-11 drinks all before the party and after party.

My liver hurts just reading this...