Carry on liquor/wine??

ajaxup

That sign has a Royal Caribbean Cruise Line logo on it. It's RCCL's policy, not Azamara's.

Azamara's name is on that sign as well. Lower right corner. And though I've never cruised on RCI, the person who posted the original photo and the trip report noted that RCI policy is to allow 2 bottles of wine, which that sign stating NO alcohol directly contradicts.

One of the things we like best about Azamara, is the fact they allow you to bring back wine, liquor or beer if you've been out on an excursion and do not confiscate it. It gives us an opportunity to bring home a couple of bottles of regional wine and if I want to enjoy local beer on our balcony, I can do it.

If DH decides to taste some local wine, we're not taking any money away from ACC.

Bonnie...if you read them, please let them know how appreciative some of us are.

Quite honestly we found the house wines on board to be quite good, and there are lots of options for spirits for the all inclusive cocktails on board. I would give some serious thought before deciding to cart a bunch of bottles on board AZ. One of the pleasures of AZ is that you really don't have to hassle with bringing booze on board to enjoy a quality affordable adult beverage on board. Bottoms up!

Quite honestly we found the house wines on board to be quite good, and there are lots of options for spirits for the all inclusive cocktails on board. I would give some serious thought before deciding to cart a bunch of bottles on board AZ. One of the pleasures of AZ is that you really don't have to hassle with bringing booze on board to enjoy a quality affordable adult beverage on board. Bottoms up!

Agreed

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As I stated above, we want a bottle of nicer bourbon (not included in AZ's complimentary options) and one or 2 bottles of wine for the ease of having a drink on our balcony without having to dress and go to a bar. We aren't carting cases of wine & liquor on board. I just wanted to know if that is possible IN SINGAPORE. Our itinerary is such that we won't be bringing a lot of local beverages back on board (the way we did last year on a river cruise in Germany ;-) We might, and of course we love that it's an option - it is one of the reasons we chose to try Azamara (the R ship being the main reason).

Thankfully, someone in the Asia forum answered my specific question by posting confirmation that the sign at the dock was not enforced (at least on the cruise s/he was on that left from Singapore).

Edited by Hoyaheel

2013, Cruise RT ex Singapore to Indonesia. Great cruise, got to meet the Komodo dragons a bit too closely, and did see them at feeding time. I packed my scotch, gin, martini stuff, some champagne into my suitcase, which was loaded aboard and delivered to my room. No issues what so ever. Please note that on return to Singapore, I was actually over my legal limit of booze, complements of Azamara's in suite liquor freebies. I got yelled at by a customs agent as my suitcase was X-rayed coming into the country. Nothing was confiscated, no customs taxes paid, and I have subsequently returned to the country without being jailed. And for what it's worth, the booze was packed in my suitcase upon air arrival at Chiangi, without problems. Hope this helps. Pack it, and look dumb. You should be fine. Have a great trip.

I've seen that board posted at several ports in Italy and it's not affected what I've carried on, however Azamara needs to tell its big brothers to remove them from the sign as they don't play that game. Port agents should also be instructed not to use the sign.

We may end up visiting vineyards on our August cruise and will of course wish to sample the wine. To whom do you pay corkage. By this I mean if we eating in the buffet/MDR/ speciality resturant do we hand the bottles to the waiter to open along with our sea pass card and if sharing a table are we allowed to offer the wine around.

It is always nice to know the protacol in advance.

Thank you.

If we were embarking in Italy, I wouldn't worry. Singapore is a bit of a different animal. I would not willfully disobey their laws;) But I have been reassured here and elsewhere that I will be allowed to carry on-board that which I have lawfully brought into Singapore:p

If we were embarking in Italy, I wouldn't worry. Singapore is a bit of a different animal. I would not willfully disobey their laws;) But I have been reassured here and elsewhere that I will be allowed to carry on-board that which I have lawfully brought into Singapore:p

I don't think liquor will be a problem. Chewing gum, on the other hand, is an entirely different matter in Singapore!

We may end up visiting vineyards on our August cruise and will of course wish to sample the wine. To whom do you pay corkage. By this I mean if we eating in the buffet/MDR/ speciality resturant do we hand the bottles to the waiter to open along with our sea pass card and if sharing a table are we allowed to offer the wine around.

It is always nice to know the protacol in advance.

Thank you.

Im glad you brought this up, I was meaning to ask this very question. Also can I ask if you have a white wine/bubbly, can you take it to the bar/restaurant and ask them to put it in the chiller for you later, especially if you are booked in the speciality restaurant.

ALso, sorry one more question and dont mean to high jack the thread, but what time is the first booking in the speciality restaurant? We very much want to eat in the speciality restaurants and plan on booking the chefs table Plus 4 and we do like to eat early. We would like to go to the bar at say 6 ish for a drink and then sit down at 6.30.

Im glad you brought this up, I was meaning to ask this very question. Also can I ask if you have a white wine/bubbly, can you take it to the bar/restaurant and ask them to put it in the chiller for you later, especially if you are booked in the speciality restaurant.

ALso, sorry one more question and dont mean to high jack the thread, but what time is the first booking in the speciality restaurant? We very much want to eat in the speciality restaurants and plan on booking the chefs table Plus 4 and we do like to eat early. We would like to go to the bar at say 6 ish for a drink and then sit down at 6.30.

Early reservations are 6:00, 6:15, and 6:30.

Early reservations are 6:00, 6:15, and 6:30.

Thats great perfect for us and hopefully they will be able to accommodate us with the early times as we hope to book the Chefs Table plus 4. Im a bit worried from reading on a recent review that getting booked in these special restaurants was difficult.

• 2 months later...

We are boarding in Dubai, does anyone know if there is any chance of buying champagne or white sparkling wine at the airport or is this completely out of the question? I am aware they have strict laws re alcohol and it's available in restaurants and clubs but unsure if it's available on general sale If so our only option is to bring it from the uk. Happy to drink provided red but am aware any white sparkly is not included in the package and I do like a drink of sparkly before dinner.

We are boarding in Dubai, does anyone know if there is any chance of buying champagne or white sparkling wine at the airport or is this completely out of the question? I am aware they have strict laws re alcohol and it's available in restaurants and clubs but unsure if it's available on general sale If so our only option is to bring it from the uk. Happy to drink provided red but am aware any white sparkly is not included in the package and I do like a drink of sparkly before dinner.

You can buy duty free on arrival in Dubai Airport no problem.