Reposition Cruise

Diggerdon

Can anyone share tips for finding repo cruises specifically? My BF just got off his first cruise and has announced that he likes sea days the best, so I need to plan. :)

at the top of the page here there is a link FIND A CRUISE

look for transatlantic or repositioning in the filters

usually they happen spring & fall but there are some at other times of the year

Many people like to do the Trans Atlantic repositioning cruises, fall or spring. My preference which I have done several times is the repositioning from Fort Lauderdale to Vancouver or Seattle through the Panama Canal for the beginning of the Alaska season. Or the reverse route. There are great ports along the way. It's usually about 20 days.

My vote is for transpacific or Asia. By adding end of season cruises to a repositioning cruise you can really get to see a lot.

These cruises usually come in groups twice yearly....Oct/Nov Europe to USA/Caribbean or through th Suez Canal and then Alaska to Australia/Far East then in reverse in April. Oversimplified but should give you an idea where to look.

These cruises fill up really fast, there have been no suite rooms or Aqua class left on my Asia repositioning cruise April 2017 for some time.

Since CC rules do not permit us to post Travel/Cruise Agency info, we cannot give you a very exacting answer. But, there are several major online cruise agencies that provide searchable online cruise data bases. Some of these include a search tool that lets you choose destinations, and they will often have "Repositioning Cruises" as one of those destination.

But as a helpful hint you might just try Google and use "Repositioning Cruises." Scan down the first page (ignoring all the cruise line sites) and you will find more then one agency that has such data bases.

Hank

Thanks for the feedback. I'm also interested in shorter ones, if anyone has any 'port > port' hints I could search for, for example the ones that are perhaps repo'ing from one east coast port to another.

They usually go to/from the East coast (Florida or NY ports) to the Med or Baltic

East coast to/from West coast = Panama/ Alaska

West Coast to South pacific Australia

as suggested try Transatlantic or Transpacific as search words

The shorted ones will usually be NYC to from London (Southampton) with Cunard others will be 12+ days

Edited by LHT28

Thanks for the feedback. I'm also interested in shorter ones, if anyone has any 'port > port' hints I could search for, for example the ones that are perhaps repo'ing from one east coast port to another.

I think Celebrity has a 6 day repo moving from NJ to Florida coming up soon?