Price of Labadee cabanas

Richst48

If folks would stop shelling out the bucks, the prices would drop. Simple supply and demand....no "demand", and they'll be "giving them away"!

CB I completely agree with you. I love getting a cabana in Labadee for the day but I absolutely refuse to keep paying these prices and getting no additional amenities. If we as loyal Royal cruisers just stepped back and thought about this; we don't NEED to keep accepting these increases.

If we stop buying them, the prices will go down as you say. Royal will hear you if it affects their pocketbooks. If we keep buying them, they will continue to raise the prices. When does it end?

People are making excuses about splitting the costs with others and I truly get that. I started to think the same way but just can't justify it. In the past you got the bottled water and upgraded buffet but now those privileges have even been deleted with the new increased prices. I have to ask myself why bother?

My next stop at Labadee will be under a shaded tree or in a nice comfy lounger along the water. So disappointed in Royal right now! :rolleyes:

I just checked for my cruise in January and it it is listing $495 for over the water cabana that is insane, and even though it says book on board I could book online which I did not do.

We did enjoy a cabana once when it was $225 for over the water I think and loved it, at that time it also included the upgraded lunch. I guess we will never experience it again

CB I completely agree with you. I love getting a cabana in Labadee for the day but I absolutely refuse to keep paying these prices and getting no additional amenities. If we as loyal Royal cruisers just stepped back and thought about this; we don't NEED to keep accepting these increases.

If we stop buying them, the prices will go down as you say. Royal will hear you if it affects their pocketbooks. If we keep buying them, they will continue to raise the prices. When does it end?

People are making excuses about splitting the costs with others and I truly get that. I started to think the same way but just can't justify it. In the past you got the bottled water and upgraded buffet but now those privileges have even been deleted with the new increased prices. I have to ask myself why bother?

My next stop at Labadee will be under a shaded tree or in a nice comfy lounger along the water. So disappointed in Royal right now! :rolleyes:

Most every cruise I have been on that stopped in Labadee I have run into someone that was disappointed the could not book a cabana. This should help those folks out

I completely agree with all you stated! However, in all reality there will always be people that are not budget consious that will pay the price no matter what it is. Especially considering there are not that many cabanas, and when a ship full of several thousand passengers pulls up, it'll be easy to fill them all even at $495. It is unfortunate as they are pricing many many people out of them, but that's how it goes.

I completely agree with all you stated! However, in all reality there will always be people that are not budget consious that will pay the price no matter what it is. Especially considering there are not that many cabanas, and when a ship full of several thousand passengers pulls up, it'll be easy to fill them all even at $495. It is unfortunate as they are pricing many many people out of them, but that's how it goes.

Exactly, if we keep accepting the price increases as many have decided, it will never stop. Happy Cruising!

We're in a suite but only Nellie's cabanas are showing. The sailing is for this October and the prices listed for Nellie's is $250 for the beach and $350 over the water.

The new prices are for cruises originating in January!

The new prices are for cruises originating in January!

I did see your earlier post on the pricing dates. I should have pointed that out in my comment. I mostly wanted to point out that we couldn't see the Barefoot Beach cabanas in our planner.

John were in a suite for this Sunday and I can't see BB only nellies.

Maybe they are gone by now or they don't show up until 2016 cruises. Have you contacted Concierge. Laura was on last week and had Concierge waitlist her for October and December.

FWIW, the coco Cay cabanas show up on my excursion list but it says to see concierge.

Edited by John&LaLa

Maybe they are gone by now or they don't show up until 2016 cruises. Have you contacted Concierge. Laura was on last week and had Concierge waitlist her for October and December.

FWIW, the coco Cay cabanas show up on my excursion list but it says to see concierge.

Yes I emailed Rahul and he confirmed that he reserved me one. I asked for a standard don't know which one yet. Didn't want the over the water cabana being the ladder into the water my wife can't use so we're happy with that.

Booked Nellie over water for 320 on Monday this week. went back to check today and the cost is 495.

Sent email to concierge, we have grand suite and I am hoping I can get one on barefoot beach for less $$ and cancel the one I currently have booked.

BB $175 for a standard $250 over the water.

Yes I emailed Rahul and he confirmed that he reserved me one. I asked for a standard don't know which one yet. Didn't want the over the water cabana being the ladder into the water my wife can't use so we're happy with that.

S3 and S4 are close to bar and buffet. :D

Booked Nellie over water for 320 on Monday this week. went back to check today and the cost is 495.

Sent email to concierge, we have grand suite and I am hoping I can get one on barefoot beach for less $$ and cancel the one I currently have booked.

When is your cruise

This will be our first time to Labadee and first time on Oasis. We are on the Jan 2nd sailing. Daughter and Son-in-law will be with us and they are big beach goers and I thought they would really enjoy a cabana. But I'm not going to pay $495 for one. I'm very disappointed in Royal for increasing the price that much. That's as bad as price increases from the drug companies! :eek:

This will be our first time to Labadee and first time on Oasis. We are on the Jan 2nd sailing. Daughter and Son-in-law will be with us and they are big beach goers and I thought they would really enjoy a cabana. But I'm not going to pay $495 for one. I'm very disappointed in Royal for increasing the price that much. That's as bad as price increases from the drug companies! :eek:

If they were not selling them online the odds that you would get one were pretty slim anyway.

BTW, we've paid $200 for two people, so $500 for four isn't that much more. Find two more people to share with ;)

Edited by John&LaLa

If they were not selling them online the odds that you would get one were pretty slim anyway.

BTW, we've paid $200 for two people, so $500 for four isn't that much more. Find two more people to share with ;)

$500 is a lot when I expected to pay $250 for 4!