Putting something on cabin door. Tape or magnet?

bryanjaync

I travel with some colorful windsocks, and hang them with hook/caribeaner magnets from the ceiling outside my cabin door. They collapse to less than size of a sock and fit in the nooks and crannies of a suitcase without being concerned about damaging them.

A "downside" to suites, (LOL) is all the doors are wood, not metal (as are the ceilings and walls in them) so finding places for magnets to stick in a suite is quite difficult.

A "downside" to suites, (LOL) is all the doors are wood, not metal (as are the ceilings and walls in them) so finding places for magnets to stick in a suite is quite difficult.

Ah yes, another first world problem to deal with.;)

I travel with some colorful windsocks, and hang them with hook/caribeaner magnets from the ceiling outside my cabin door. They collapse to less than size of a sock and fit in the nooks and crannies of a suitcase without being concerned about damaging them.

I realize a Sky Suite isn't "really" a suite but on the S class my magnetic hooks did great on the cabin wall. :o

So just an opinion. Many more things people do on a ship is tacky. Walking around in the cabin bathrobe in public places outside of your cabin and the spa # 1 tacky IMO.

Yes. Thank you, and I agree!

If we can walk after Sail Away at the Sunset Zbar! See ya there Beth.:)
Sniff....sniff. But we will not see Pauly there so we can debate door decorations because according to a post he made on another thread he does not drink. That's a great thing because then another stool will open up for us at the Gastrobar, the World Class Bar and the Sunset Bar.:D Maybe he'll show up at the official meet n greet on Saturday morning....but I doubt it, unless he's trolling our roll call. :rolleyes:

I read the 30 page document and there are no rules against tacky door decorations! I must admit we would win the prize for tackiest decorations. Dollar Tree Happy Birthday decorations, balloons you blow up yourself, word processor sign, all attached with scotch tape. We made sure we took everything off before we disembarked. The 80 and 85 y.o. Birthday girls loved it, and the balloons helped us find our cabin.

I was not talking specifics regarding door stickers or decorations, if you read my post . I don't go to meet and mingle, and I have no desire to. We have a fabulous time on all of our cruises. We don't take ourselves too seriously. I guess that is they key.

Edited by pauly

I was not talking specifics regarding door stickers or decorations, if you read my post . I don't go to meet and mingle, and I have no desire to. We have a fabulous time on all of our cruises. We don't take ourselves too seriously. I guess that is they key.

That's a shame that you will not be at the meet and greet on our cruise, I was all ready to have a philosophical diatribe with you over a cold one regarding cruising, but alas, you're a teetotaler. We could always meet at Cafe al Bacio for a triple espresso if that is more to your liking. And if you can tell by my tongue in cheek ramblings in this post, I too don't take myself too seriously. :cool:

That's a shame that you will not be at the meet and greet on our cruise, I was all ready to have a philosophical diatribe with you over a cold one regarding cruising, but alas, you're a teetotaler. We could always meet at Cafe al Bacio for a triple espresso if that is more to your liking. And if you can tell by my tongue in cheek ramblings in this post, I too don't take myself too seriously. :cool:

Maybe we will. My spouse generally stays out of my conversations unless it's something he feels strongly about too, but I am always up for a good discussion. Glad you don't take yourself too seriously. Life is too short to be worried about most of this sh*t on this board...and IMO should be spent on the actual cruise and enjoying it to the max.

• 2 weeks later...
At 61 years young, we so enjoy our time on a cruise ship. And apologize to any we have offended by being excited and enjoying our vacation and decorating our door.

I read this post with great interest.

Having been an avid reader of many threads on this forum it is with great pleasure and surprise that I find someone else who seeks to enjoy their holiday.

I would wager that this rascal is the sort who smiles and says thank you when being served at the Bar.

Please dont suggest having a happy hour - it could cause an apocalyptic reaction on CC[emoji32]

At 61 years young, we so enjoy our time on a cruise ship. And apologize to any we have offended by being excited and enjoying our vacation and decorating our door.

We do too!! We have decorated our doors, our traveling partners doors for their birthdays and anniversaries, our FIL's door for a special European cruise and have said "yes" when our cabin steward have asked for our decorations at the end of the cruise. No need to rain on other people's parades!!

• 4 weeks later...

I was just going to post this as a question and then remembered to search first. Thanks for asking. I love my Disney cruises because every one decorates their door. Figured just because I am not doing a Disney cruise doesn't mean I can't decorate my door in a Disney fashion. I am a Disney fan (I have a Mickey Mouse tattoo) and I want to show off my love for all things Disney. I won't go as overboard as I do with Disney (pun intended)...but I will put a number of magnets up and a white board.

Stefani