hotel recommendation Singapore

Korimako

Can anyone recommend a hotel in Singapore city with Executive/Club rooms i.e. those with access to a separate Executive/Club lounge?

Thanks

Merchant Court Clarke Key has an exec lounge with free cocktails and finger food in evening. Location is good, across the road from Central Shopping Centre that has the Clarke Key MRT station. Clarke Key is a lively area, and one MRT station north of Chinatown of close enough to walk.

Can anyone recommend a hotel in Singapore city with Executive/Club rooms i.e. those with access to a separate Executive/Club lounge?

Thanks

I have stayed at the Conrad in Executive level and it was great. Highly recommend.

Chez

• 2 weeks later...

All the hotels listed above are good. It depends on what you want.

Fairmont is in a great location and it is usually what I would recommend. It is connected to the Raffles City complex. Plenty of shops, eateries and great views.

Some views from an adjacent commercial building.

[YOUTUBE]So-znkXmg9E[/YOUTUBE]

Basement of Raffles City complex.

[YOUTUBE]_ZuvFi94kY0[/YOUTUBE]

I was quite pleased with the Marriott Tang Plaza Hotel. Excellent Breakfast including Asian food items, late afternoon/early evening drinks and hors d'oerves, and a nice variety of desserts later in the evening were served in the Executive Lounge. The staff also were very helpful.

• 2 months later...

We have been looking at the Oasia - great reviews on TripAdvisor but nothing here and only 1 (older) review on Flyertalk....

Any experience? It's not in the marina area but since we'll be embarking on a cruise, I think my husband can live without a view of water & boats for a couple of nights if necessary :p

Though we're looking at the other 4 & 5* properties mentioned here and other places around the web....

If you are a member of any hotel loyalty scheme it can be worth booking through them. We usually stay at the Intercontinental Hotel - their club lounge is quite good and we get points for staying there as well as an upgrade etc. Also have stayed at the Conrad (with points going to Hilton Honours) near the Marina. Sofitel usually has good club lounges as well.

We have been looking at the Oasia - great reviews on TripAdvisor but nothing here and only 1 (older) review on Flyertalk....

Any experience? It's not in the marina area but since we'll be embarking on a cruise, I think my husband can live without a view of water & boats for a couple of nights if necessary :p

Though we're looking at the other 4 & 5* properties mentioned here and other places around the web....

By Oasia are you referring to this hotel?

http://www.stayfareast.com/en/hotels/oasia-hotel-singapore.aspx

If so, then it should be quite good. The location is near malls (Novena, Square 2, Velocity) and near the Novena MRT station which is just 2 stops from the Orchard MRT station. Plenty to eat in those Malls, so you don't have to worry about being far from food and drink.

If you can get a reasonable price on the Oasia, you won't go far wrong.

Edited by Iluvcruising2

We don't have enough points for any hotel to make that a deciding factor for us....

Though if you are part of a loyalty scheme you will get points for staying which will add up for a future stay sometime. Some hotel chains also have cheaper rates for members and as it is a free sign up I join to get a better rate. Points can often be used/earned at a number of different hotel brands which are part of the same company, like IHG or Accor.

On-line Vacation center who we are booking through in the US. has recommended 3 hotels in Hong Kong. I was wondering if anyone knows anything about any of these:

Eaton Hotel on Nathan Road

Holiday Inn Golden Mile on Nathan Road

Kowloon Shangri-La on Mody Road

How far from airport, how far from cruise port and how far to catch a Hop-on Hop-off bus?[/b]

Thanks for your help.

We had people on our Mariner cruise who stayed there and they like it. :)

We don't have enough points for any hotel to make that a deciding factor for us....

Look for other discounts (rates) that may apply to you.

Senior rate

AAA rate

Earlybird rate

Pre-paid rate

Specials the hotel might be offering on their website.

Etc.

By Oasia are you referring to this hotel?

http://www.stayfareast.com/en/hotels/oasia-hotel-singapore.aspx

If so, then it should be quite good. The location is near malls (Novena, Square 2, Velocity) and near the Novena MRT station which is just 2 stops from the Orchard MRT station. Plenty to eat in those Malls, so you don't have to worry about being far from food and drink.

If you can get a reasonable price on the Oasia, you won't go far wrong.

Yes, that's the hotel. Just starting our search but nice to know that's a decent location. When we travel, we tend to prefer accessible but NOT right in the heart of touristy areas....

Though if you are part of a loyalty scheme you will get points for staying which will add up for a future stay sometime. Some hotel chains also have cheaper rates for members and as it is a free sign up I join to get a better rate. Points can often be used/earned at a number of different hotel brands which are part of the same company, like IHG or Accor.

True, and I absolutely will check ALL properties that might be of interest, but it's just not a priority.

And Ashland (I can only quote 2 other posts at a time :p) I'm fully aware of various discount options to check - thanks. My post was NOT primarily about price but about quality of the hotel & location. Price will be a factor but not THE factor. And (because I did post in this particular thread) we're interested in club level rooms, which aren't the cheapest options available....

I LOVE the process of researching a vacation. I will happily spend hours reading & creating decision matrices, etc:D