New tamarind menu

cruz chic

Thanks CruzChic! Dinner does look amazing. Is it best to reserve an evening there BEFORE boarding? Not sure how popular it is on most cruises.

It's a crapshoot. I've never had trouble getting reservations but this cruise had dining around packages. It made getting into specialty restaurants challenging. I booked two dinners ahead for this cruise and booked 3 on board. I did that soon after boarding. The manager has been very good with me though. I've met him on other cruises and he's told me any time I want to dine there it won't be problem. The ladies always remember me from other cruises, even remembering my room number when I couldn't remember. They ladies are delightful and it really adds to the experience.

Wow. Thanks Crew News! Looks really good to me. I live in a part of the country where good Asian food is the exception, not the rule, and not always easy to find. So I'm thinking I should try lunch AND dinner there!

Thanks again Cruz Chic. I think I'm going with the "better safe than sorry" philosophy and booking ahead of time. I'd be sorely disappointed if we couldn't get in.

You guys are awesome. Just sayin'

Wow. Thanks Crew News! Looks really good to me. I live in a part of the country where good Asian food is the exception, not the rule, and not always easy to find. So I'm thinking I should try lunch AND dinner there!

Thanks again Cruz Chic. I think I'm going with the "better safe than sorry" philosophy and booking ahead of time. I'd be sorely disappointed if we couldn't get in.

The only thing that keeps me booking more is the cdn to usd exchange. I'd be upset if I couldn't go.

Can anyone tell me how lunch in the Tamarind is different from what's shown on the dinner menu? (Thanks for posting that by the way.) I understand lunch there is "complimentary/included in fare" while dinner is extra. Hoping to eat in the Tamarind on the NA this coming Spring.

We are trying it for the first time on the NA in May too - there hasn't been a Tamarind on the other ships we've sailed on. I was thinking of trying lunch first and then deciding if it would be worth paying extra for the dinner.

Glad you are joining us for the Pacific Coastal on the NA. Informal Meet & Greet is at 2:00 PM in the Crow's Nest on the first sea day.

Beware of the cabbage salad dressing for lunch. Spicy is an understatement. Reservations need to be made for lunch as it sells out quickly although a few walk-ins might get in if there are "no-shows".

We are trying it for the first time on the NA in May too - there hasn't been a Tamarind on the other ships we've sailed on. I was thinking of trying lunch first and then deciding if it would be worth paying extra for the dinner.

We had our first opportunity earlier this year on the NA, booking for the second-last night. We enjoyed it so much that we booked for the following night too!

Don't judge Tamarind by its lunch. It is a set lunch, i.e. "no menu", and quite bland and unimaginative. They serve the different plates one after the other and there are no choices to be made. Basically a soup, some spring rolls and some dumplings, and then desert.

Dinner on the other hand offers a variety of well-prepared dishes and could be compared to the quality of the Pinnacle Grill. Many people prefer the Wasabi encrusted filet to the Pinnacle Grill filet. There is a wide variety of fish dishes and pan-Asian dishes... all quite good.

We had our first opportunity earlier this year on the NA, booking for the second-last night. We enjoyed it so much that we booked for the following night too!

Thanks! Sounds like I have a treat in store.:) Between the freebie PG and Canaletto dinners, now the Tamarind - we may not eat in the MDR at all.:D

Don't judge Tamarind by its lunch. It is a set lunch, i.e. "no menu", and quite bland and unimaginative. They serve the different plates one after the other and there are no choices to be made. Basically a soup, some spring rolls and some dumplings, and then desert.

Dinner on the other hand offers a variety of well-prepared dishes and could be compared to the quality of the Pinnacle Grill. Many people prefer the Wasabi encrusted filet to the Pinnacle Grill filet. There is a wide variety of fish dishes and pan-Asian dishes... all quite good.

Good to know, thanks Louis.

Glad you are joining us for the Pacific Coastal on the NA. Informal Meet & Greet is at 2:00 PM in the Crow's Nest on the first sea day.

Beware of the cabbage salad dressing for lunch. Spicy is an understatement. Reservations need to be made for lunch as it sells out quickly although a few walk-ins might get in if there are "no-shows".

The lunch salad has changed a lot. It's about a 1/4 of the size and mildly spiced.

I tried the lobster and I'm not a fan. It was mushy and salty. I didn't mention it to them. I'm going to have to try those doughnuts tonight to take one for the team :D;). I tried the chicken and rice soup. It was a bit bland. I'm going to have to start wearing yoga pants for dinner. My pants have all shrunk from the salt air.

LOL I have that same problem with my clothes shrinking on every cruise! Thanks much to you and POA1 for the menus.

Diane

Edited by legalslave

Just a few more words. My friend that also thought the lobster was mushy tried it again a felt the same way the second time.

I tried the mini doughnuts at least 3 times and I think that's my new favorite. They aren't heavy, aren't super sweet and they make a nice dessert.

Just a few more words. My friend that also thought the lobster was mushy tried it again a felt the same way the second time.

I tried the mini doughnuts at least 3 times and I think that's my new favorite. They aren't heavy, aren't super sweet and they make a nice dessert.

Huskerchick will be all over the little donuts. Thanks for trying them three times. It shows true dedication to quality assurance!

Just off the Eurodam Oct 25, to my liking I found the Peking Duck appetizer delicious as was the rest of the food we ordered

Do you happen to have the menus for the main DR? Do they still have prime rib on the

first night? We leave this Sunday on the Eurodam.

Rick

Do you happen to have the menus for the main DR? Do they still have prime rib on the

first night? We leave this Sunday on the Eurodam.

Rick

I know you didn't ask me and I don't have the menus. I also didn't eat there the first night of either cruise. That said they did have prime rib twice on other nights (I was on for 2 weeks). I think you'll be good.

Just read elsewhere on CC that lunch is no longer available on the NA in the Tamarind. Anyone know if this is true? And, if so, anyone heard if the lunch closing a temporary thing (like maybe they've heard all the complaints about the lunch menu and are working on improvements?) I was really looking forward to trying the Tamarind for both lunch and dinner.

Just read elsewhere on CC that lunch is no longer available on the NA in the Tamarind. Anyone know if this is true? And, if so, anyone heard if the lunch closing a temporary thing (like maybe they've heard all the complaints about the lunch menu and are working on improvements?) I was really looking forward to trying the Tamarind for both lunch and dinner.

From people currently on the NA, that is indeed what they report. Check the TravelinJones thread. I imagine it's anyones guess if HAL is working on improving the menu. Time will tell.

Onboard the Eurodam 10/18 thru 11/01. Had lunch there once, it was good, but we only went once. Had dinner there twice, it was better. The wasabi crusted beef entree was good.

We enjoyed it in part because of Ita, a beautiful Balinese woman we met in 2014 on the world cruise. She is a server at lunch and dinner.

The peanut sate sauce at lunch was good.

I was glad it was available.

My guess is that Hal want to eliminate the lunch time venues that are not bringing cash into the coffers. I think the only way it will return is if there is a charge for it. If it's an improvement over the usual lunch I don't mind paying for it but wouldn't pay for it otherwise.