New tamarind menu

cruz chic

I tried the lobster and I'm not a fan. It was mushy and salty. I didn't mention it to them. I'm going to have to try those doughnuts tonight to take one for the team :D;). I tried the chicken and rice soup. It was a bit bland. I'm going to have to start wearing yoga pants for dinner. My pants have all shrunk from the salt air.

Try the Laska soup.......I swear, a month home and we are STILL talking about it!! :)

I'd like to see a "Tamarind night" in the PG on ships that don't have the real deal. It wouldn't have the same atmosphere, but the menu could be close enough.

YES!!! EXACTLY!!

My first choice would be to cut the Pinnacle in half and have Tamarind in there.

Otherwise, a Tamarind Night in the Pinnacle would be SUPER!!

Galley space is the biggest issue from what I understand.

Oh darn, there's that nasty reality entering my dream world ;)

I'd like to see a "Tamarind night" in the PG on ships that don't have the real deal. It wouldn't have the same atmosphere, but the menu could be close enough.

Great idea!

CruzChic & POA..Thanks for taking the Pics & posting the new menu.. Just printed it up as we'll be there in a little over three weeks.. Should start getting my clothing list together.. Now I'm starting to get excited..:D

What a novel idea, John.. Why not send the suggestion to Christine Ferris, Office of the Pres.. Maybe you'll win a cruise for it..

My first choice would be to cut the Pinnacle in half and have Tamarind in there.
The problem with that idea is the galley space. I doubt they could handle two different menus concurrently, but a night along the lines of Le Cirque or De Librije should be doable IMO.
What a novel idea, John.. Why not send the suggestion to Christine Ferris, Office of the Pres.. Maybe you'll win a cruise for it..
I've mentioned it in Tamarinds on the E'dam and N.A., and in end-of-cruise surveys on those ships.

Edited by jtl513

The problem with that idea is the galley space. I doubt they could handle two different menus concurrently, but a night along the lines of Le Cirque or De Librije would be doable IMO.

I've mentioned it in Tamarinds on the E'dam and N.A., and in end end-of-cruise surveys on those ships.

I'll be mentioning this, too, in the end of cruise survey.

The problem with that idea is the galley space. I doubt they could handle two different menus concurrently, but a night along the lines of Le Cirque or De Librije should be doable IMO.

I've mentioned it in Tamarinds on the E'dam and N.A., and in end-of-cruise surveys on those ships.

I'll be mentioning this, too, in the end of cruise survey.

I'll mention it too, but you should get the credit.. If you send it to the Office of the Pres. maybe someone will do something about it..

Tamarind has a very different kitchen than the one for the Pinnacle Grill: think woks and steamers vs hot grills for charring meat.

Edited by Boytjie

Tamarind has a very different kitchen than the one for the Pinnacle Grill: think woks and steamers vs hot grills for charring meat.
Okay, so maybe they couldn't do the full menu, but there is a lot that they could IMO.

Can anyone tell me how lunch in the Tamarind is different from what's shown on the dinner menu? (Thanks for posting that by the way.) I understand lunch there is "complimentary/included in fare" while dinner is extra. Hoping to eat in the Tamarind on the NA this coming Spring.

Can anyone tell me how lunch in the Tamarind is different from what's shown on the dinner menu? (Thanks for posting that by the way.) I understand lunch there is "complimentary/included in fare" while dinner is extra. Hoping to eat in the Tamarind on the NA this coming Spring.

They call lunch dim sum but it's not the real dim sum where you pick from carts. It's a mix of dumplings and fried things. It's average at best. Love love love dinner. I could take or leave lunch.

Thanks for sharing the menu. Which ships have Taramind? Is it open for lunch and dinner on all ships that have this dining venue?

It's on the NA and the eurodam. It varies for lunch. Some days it's open,some days closed. It will be on the koningsdam.

Here is the Lunch Menu:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Tamarind-Lunch.pdf

There is also a Bento Box that can be delivered to your stateroom for dinner:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Tamarind-Bento-Box.pdf

Edited by Crew News