MIA to Port Everglades

Museofthesoul22

Hello everyone,

My DW and I are taking a cruise thanksgiving week out of Port Everglades. We decided to fly instead of driving and it is a lot cheaper for us to fly into Miami then FLL. I know the transport will be more.

Does anyone have any suggestions on companies to use or avoid. I'm interested in Shared Vans or private cars. I also thought of taxi.

I tried HAL transfers which are $60 pp round trip. But, they won't sell us a return trip as our flight leaves MIA at 12:15pm. Is this too early?

I was thinking of trying to be off ship by 8:30 and be at airport by 10. If I am way off on timing, let me know :-)

Hello everyone,

My DW and I are taking a cruise thanksgiving week out of Port Everglades. We decided to fly instead of driving and it is a lot cheaper for us to fly into Miami then FLL. I know the transport will be more.

Does anyone have any suggestions on companies to use or avoid. I'm interested in Shared Vans or private cars. I also thought of taxi.

I tried HAL transfers which are $60 pp round trip. But, they won't sell us a return trip as our flight leaves MIA at 12:15pm. Is this too early?

I was thinking of trying to be off ship by 8:30 and be at airport by 10. If I am way off on timing, let me know :-)

Doable but a little tight. Assuming that there aren't hold ups at PC with customs or immigration.Miami is an hour away from Port Everglades .

Look for a shuttle or shared ride to Miami from the port. Also UBER might be a possibility.

Hello everyone,

We booked HAL transfers for $30 pp from PE to MIA we had a 12:20 flight so not sure why they will not take you

You can always book on the ship for the return trip

just be off early to catch the 1st bus

I think supershuttle & QLS pick up at MIA to PE you can check them out

We had a good experience with QLS, Quality Limousine Service. We used them from FLL to a South a Beach Hotel and from the Port of Miami to FLL. Prompt and not very expensive. We self disembarked and were at the FLL airport around 9am.

Edited by 81Zoomie
Addition

You can also arrange for private transfers and you might find other people on the roll call in the same boat as you which makes it very do-able.

Why re-create the wheel? As soon as another roll call member saw my post they emailed me and we now have a group of 6 going from Miami to FLL for a very reasonable price IMO (less than $16 pp + tip of course).

You can also arrange for private transfers and you might find other people on the roll call in the same boat as you which makes it very do-able.

Why re-create the wheel? As soon as another roll call member saw my post they emailed me and we now have a group of 6 going from Miami to FLL for a very reasonable price IMO (less than $16 pp + tip of course).

That is a really good rate. Seriously. I mean it. It's usually around $35 per person.

Good tips everyone. Who knows I believe my discount warehouse travel agent rep I spoke to steered them that way as when I told her when I was going she was very nervous. Maybe I should call back. I just know On Princess the cruise arranged transports get off the ship before private arranged so I thought it would make it easier.

That is a really good rate. Seriously. I mean it. It's usually around $35 per person.

the joy of roll calls :) one person works on one thing and someone works on something else :) It's a team effort and it is quiet season I think when we return so that probably didn't hurt (only ship in port in Miami)

the joy of roll calls :) one person works on one thing and someone works on something else :) It's a team effort and it is quiet season I think when we return so that probably didn't hurt (only ship in port in Miami)

You know... I was somewhat hesitant when I wrote "seriously, I mean it" about your transfer rate being really good. (Which it is.) I posted the exact same verbiage to a thread earlier today and it was taken as a threat. Go figure.

Keep in mind, MIA security can take a WHILE. It's notorious as one of the longest waits in the country. Even if you have a fast track service.

that's one of the reasons we opted to fly out of FLL - the next day :)

Keep in mind, MIA security can take a WHILE. It's notorious as one of the longest waits in the country. Even if you have a fast track service.

I heard that as well, but for me personally, there's around $500 difference in fare compared to flying into FLL, so well worth a little wait imho

.Miami is an hour away from Port Everglades .

Look for a shuttle or shared ride to Miami from the port. Also UBER might be a possibility.

More like half an hour in good traffic but seldom an hour, in my experience. Depends on the day of the week, I guess.

I would pay a lot more just not to have to deal with Miami airport. It is worse than La Guardia.

Luckily jetBlue is our preferred airline and flies out of Ft. Lauderdale! :)

This might seem counterintuitive because it's only a 30 mile drive, but Port Everglades to Miami International can take anywhere from 45 to 90+ minutes. The worst times are during the morning and evening rush hours.