Jr. suites on Jewel of the Seas

Tiggercat

I am booking a junior suite on Jewel of the Seas and wondered if there is a better location on deck 10. I noticed that the Windjammer is right above this deck and am concerned that there might be some noise,especially from the area that is listed as outdoor dining. Has anyone experienced these cabins on this ship? This will be our first time on Jewel. Thanks!!!

We have had #1100 on sister ship Radiance (our favorite stateroom ever), no noise issue from the Windjammer. And we just enjoyed a mid-ship JS on the Jewel. Nice sized balcony and a convenient, quiet location just forward of the elevators.

We, along with some friends, had 1084 and 1086 on Jewel.

Those were located under the narrower parts of the overhang, which is why we chose them.

However, the rolling carts started at about 4:30 every morning and went on throughout the day and night, until about 11 PM.

I think we were under the kitchen part, because we could hear activity and sometimes voices coming from above while in the bathroom.

Also had the counterpart on Serenade (booked both cruises at the same time before we knew of the noise)

That one was even worse because our room had a pipe or something in the wall and it made a loud, crashing noise when they would dump water down the drain.

This generally happened at 3 in the morning, though I didn't hear it every night.

But it was loud enough to wake me up.

Just sayin'.........

• 3 weeks later...

We used to do 1100 on that class of ship until DW started to have inner ear problems, and then the "motion of the ocean" combined with the way the beds were oriented (perpendicular to the centerline of the ship instead of parallel) made her seasick, we switched to 1560 - next door to a GS and on the hump so it has an oversized balcony.

Definitely could be wrong but I don't think the JS on JW has a doorbell. I think only the GS, OS, & RS on JW have the doorbell.

Hmmm, we've had doorbells on all our JS on Jewel, both May and last month this year, and also in early 2014. We even had children ringing it and running away on our 10/25 cruise.